3281 replies to this topic

#3271 Tina

Tina

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:49 AM

If anybody is interested, Limited Run Games is selling physical copies of Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon for Switch, PS4, and Vita today. They've got open preorders for standard Switch and PS4 copies, but if you want it on Vita or a CE, make sure you're there at 6pm Eastern sharp when the second and final batch is put up. They'll also have Switch copies available at Best Buy eventually.

#3272 Kilu

Kilu

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:45 AM

https://gematsu.com/...e-switch-and-pc

Castlevania Collection in the summer.

"The first Konami Castlevania Collection is designed to be a completed collection around the origins of the historic franchise."

Will there be a second? Maybe they are doing one for classicvania and one for symphony and after, or something.

panic-dance.gif
This is no place for a horse.

#3273 Smeg

Smeg

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:54 AM

I saw "50th anniversary" and panicked for a moment that I was older than I remembered :P The game lists are currently incomplete, but it sure looks like they're thinking of skipping Simon's Quest, which makes me angery

#3274 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,261 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:51 AM

Its almost like..

"a classic of arcade shooting is being revived in a big way.."

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://ko-fi.com/tibone/

#3275 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:55 AM

Considering just how many Castlevania games there are, I wouldn't be surprised if they do generational collections. (Classicvanias then rygarmanias)

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#3276 Smeg

Smeg

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 06:09 AM

Given how little Konami seems to actually give a crap, I wouldn't be surprised if there never is a volume 2.

#3277 Tina

Tina

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:21 AM

Haha, yeah, remember how Chronicles was supposed to be a whole series of updated/remade Castlevania games? And then we only got two releases, six years apart.

The Castlevania Collection is "designed to be" a completed collection of the origins of the franchise but isn't because they stuck Haunted Castle on the arcade collection. :P

#3278 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:01 AM

Haha, yeah, remember how Chronicles was supposed to be a whole series of updated/remade Castlevania games? And then we only got two releases, six years apart.

The Castlevania Collection is "designed to be" a completed collection of the origins of the franchise but isn't because they stuck Haunted Castle on the arcade collection. :P

Fuck me, why the hell?? Did the arcade collection need that much padding they cannibalized from the other collections?

And yeah, still waiting on that Dracula Curse Chronicles game that never was made. You'd think given the popularity of the Netflix series, that might be more possible now, but.....Konami.

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#3279 kareshi

kareshi

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:20 AM

if it doesn’t have Simon’s Quest it can eat a dick
Reading: "Don Quixote" by Cervantes

#3280 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:08 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will have Simon's Quest. I'm predicting that, Bloodlines, Adventure since they already have Belmont's Revenge, and probably Dracula X as the remaining four titles.

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

#3281 matsunami

matsunami

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:42 PM

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Adventure Rebirth.

UAV3t1p.png

#3282 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,892 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:56 PM

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Adventure Rebirth.

I hope they don't just let the Rebirth titles fall by the wayside given that they're just NOT accessible anymore. Adventure Rebirth was a great Classicvania romp and the final Drac battle is one of the better ones, I think (and using Riddle as the final boss music worked VERY well).

The music I make.

Simpsons Shizzposting

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users