3370 replies to this topic

#3301 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:54 PM

I beat Bloodstained: RotN with 100% shards, 100% sidequests, and 99.8% map, so I guess there's one hidden room I missed?

There's a few hidden rooms that took me a while. I just got platinum on the game but map took a bit to complete, running around with Detective Eye active. (not as long as item completion though, ho-boy...there's a fuckton of weapons in this game)

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#3302 C.C. Z28

C.C. Z28

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:57 AM

IGA games 

Like the kind of games they kept behind the general merchandise counter at IGA? Stuff that sat there for years and never sold like Mag Max, Adventures of Tom Sawyer and All-Pro Basketball

You will control a battletoad

#3303 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:36 AM

Is this some kind of Canada joke

#3304 lermpy

lermpy

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:10 AM

Anybody feel free to tell me this is spammy, since I've already posted it on the Mad Gear thread. And I'm blatantly interrupting a Bloodstained discussion. :)

BUT! We made this, and I'm pretty happy with it. And it's very Cvania-related.

B1utVQgCEAMnDs2.png

#3305 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,769 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:17 AM

So did you wallpaper an entire room with the brick print?!

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#3306 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:12 PM

I assumed that was digital but oh man I hope they did

#3307 lermpy

lermpy

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:40 PM

Yep! It was in my garage.  tRJgnze.png

So did you wallpaper an entire room with the brick print?!

B1utVQgCEAMnDs2.png

#3308 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,254 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:10 PM

I've started CotM... the GBA game. I’m amazed my old GBA SP battery is still good. I just discovered my PSP battery had exploded sometime in the last few years.

I’m also pleasantly reminded of how good a this is. It’s pretty difficult though you can cheese most bosses with the boomerang if you need to. The dss cards are really cool and the bonus modes are excellent.. I like the run/walk system a lot too. If running your speed is much faster than most of these games and you get that power up right away.

#3309 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,090 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 01:11 PM

Did I just sequence break the game? So after catching up to where I last left off by killing the:

Spoiler

I went back to the cathedral and defeated:

Spoiler

There were some candles you can dumb jump and down kick which lets you jump again and hit repeat. Doesn't feel like they wanted me to do that...

DNa7A7D.jpg

#3310 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,254 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:05 PM

I beat CotM (2001) yesterday. My 18 year old save files were still there... I had beaten fighter and magician mode but got stuck or bored near the end of shooter mode. So I went ahead and beat it unlocking the final mode: thief mode. All stats are very nerfed except luck. Zombies took two hits initially. Its pretty hard so far but might get easier as the massive luck stat allows obtaining rare items and potions easily. I might just work through all the GBA and DS games before tackling bloodstained.

#3311 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:21 PM

I swear I want to do all the modes one day. My CotM cart's battery died not long after I bought it brand new. Either that or something else was responsible for wiping out my saves. It's kept me from playing through it again.

So I got all the trophies in Bloodstained, and maxed out most of my passive shards to permanent skill shards. Then I bought some of the Konami collections on sale for PS4. I've played through Rondo and am now in the middle of SotN. Then onto the classic CV collection, then back to the DS games on my hacked Wii U. There's no end to the Vania Mania.

Martha Kent original anti baconator

#3312 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,090 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:10 PM

I swear I want to do all the modes one day. My CotM cart's battery died not long after I bought it brand new. Either that or something else was responsible for wiping out my saves. It's kept me from playing through it again.

Pretty sure I cleared all of them back in the day. I really enjoyed those modes way more than the secondary characters in the Iga games.

DNa7A7D.jpg

#3313 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,254 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:37 AM

After I beat CotM a couple days ago, I was looking for familiar names in the credits and didn't see any.  I never realized that IGA had nothing to do with it.  The story line is considered a non-canon re-imagining (which I guess should be obvious from the lack of Belmonts).  For me the weakest part of CotM is the lack of new music.  The new songs which are there are excellent though.  I'm going to try to clear thief mode and then I will play HoD (GBA) for the first time in 10 to 15 years.  IGA criticized the game, but his follow up in Harmony of Dissonance is widely regarded as a low point in the series.  I barely remember the game outside of its music, so we shall see.

So I got all the trophies in Bloodstained, and maxed out most of my passive shards to permanent skill shards. Then I bought some of the Konami collections on sale for PS4. I've played through Rondo and am now in the middle of SotN. Then onto the classic CV collection, then back to the DS games on my hacked Wii U. There's no end to the Vania Mania.

DS games on hacked Wii U?  I had always assumed Nintendo would use the dual screen nature of the Wii U to release DS virtual console games... looks like they did officially release about 31 games.  Did they actually use the dual screens or just cram a vertical column into HD TV space?  I never purchased a Wii U though.  It's the only Nintendo system I don't own.

#3314 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 13,336 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:57 AM

For me the weakest part of CotM is the lack of new music.  The new songs which are there are excellent though. 

That is a pretty big disappointment, but I love the version of Sinking Old Sanctuary in this game.

toopunk2lose.png

#3315 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,254 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:46 AM

For me the weakest part of CotM is the lack of new music.  The new songs which are there are excellent though. 

That is a pretty big disappointment, but I love the version of Sinking Old Sanctuary in this game.

It's true most of the covers are excellent, so it's really not bad in the end.  And the first area music "Awake" is a fantastic new song.  The Dracula (2nd form) battle music is excellent, the chapel music, the opening crawl... seems like every new song was great.  It's a shame they didn't do more of them.  It might have been a lack of time as this was a launch title (either in the Japan or USA... it was very early in any case).

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users