81 replies to this topic

#46 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:05 PM

Oh and if Krista likes the walking dead - I recommend rhiannon frater series called 'as the world dies' zombie trilogy. If she can't find I'll lend her my copies to read if she's interested.

ok cool. i'll let her know. (or maybe i won't.. keep that zombie crap outta my house. ;-P )
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#47 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,722 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:13 PM

oh.. and the reason i even started typing this was to say that when i started the first episode last night i kept asking her how the zombies came about.. why, where, when, etc.. and she was like, "you don't know. just deal with it." nooooooooooooooo

hahaha, these days most of my favorite fiction isnt about the origin of things. im more interesed in jumping into a story. why do you need to know where they came from? WD isnt REALLY about the zombies anyway. its about the people.

#48 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

why do you need to know where they came from? WD isnt REALLY about the zombies anyway. its about the people.

i don't know. there's probably a part of me that looks to debunk the way it happened to make myself feel better about real-world scenarios. ha.. either that or i just hate not knowing something. like when movies end with some unresolved issue that you're supposed to use your imagination for. i hate that shit. maybe the same reason if there's some garbled lyric in a song or something vague and someone asks what it means and the songwriter says, "it means whatever you want it to mean." no. what did it mean when it was put on paper? yes, a lot of times i want things wrapped up with a nice little bow for me. i am aware of how boring this is to a lot of people.

essentially i tend to overthink shit. i'd spend nearly the entire first episode trying to figure out how it happened, how it could have been prevented, blah blah blah.. i get the "its about the people" part because that's what fascinates me about post-apocalyptic scenarios in the first place. what happens to people when shit breaks down. but in the end, that's one of the reasons i don't tend to watch this kind of stuff. i know people suck. and would turn on each other in a second. i don't always need to see reminders of that in my free time. but the ol lady wants to watch it so i probably will. and i'll probably annoy her with all my "that's bullshit! i woulda done ______ instead!" comments.

#49 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:47 PM

I love post apocalyptic scenerios because I think it's super interesting to think about what I would do to survive; because I'm a person who will fight tooth and nail to survive anything. RAGE. hahaha

I love zombie apocolypse because of my irrational fear of zombies - how would I survive a world where I'm someone's food source, yet not someone like in The Road - but something! something that never rests! something that feels no pain! ack! And they are everywhere and there isn't any time of the day you are safe to relax! You always have to think about all of that AND how you are going to eat, drink and find a safe place to sleep ... and also think about other living people who will do you and yours harm.

#50 Katie

Katie

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:43 PM

I agree completely with that, that's why the whole zombie thing sucks me in, my rational brain says it will never happen but my irrational brain is screaming at me that it will.
We're the heart and soul of this heartless country

#51 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:53 AM

shane was awful rapey in the finale. Probably wasn't the best idea to get shit housed an hour after getting let into the lab. Talk about bad guests, sheesh....

shitty is now.

#52 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:11 PM

Spoiler

#53 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:14 PM

watched ep 1 on friday night and ep 2 last night. pretty decent. i don't know that i could take more than one episode a day though. it's too nerve-wracking. seems like they've kept it pretty honest and real. with the exception of how everyone seems to have a really good head on their shoulders. and how they're not all shitting their pants all the time. maybe that's why they're still alive.. all the pants shitters are dead. who knows? but yeah.. it's pretty good but everyone just seems too clever for real life. or i just hang out with dumbshits. that's a possibility as well.

guess i'll stop reading this thread with all the spoilers now.. lol

#54 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:20 PM

oops! fixed. sorry jeremi.

I can't wait for next season!!!!

Spoiler

this show is SO nerve-wracking and I LOVE that!

#55 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:39 PM

oops! fixed. sorry jeremi.

no problem. i'll probably keep reading spoilers anyway until i catch up. ha..

and fyi.. if you quote someone to reply to, it shows the text within the spoiler tag anyway. lol

#56 MrAwesome

MrAwesome

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:09 PM

Spoiler

#57 Katie

Katie

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:06 AM

Spoiler

Girl I know right? It's the Zombie Apocolypse, quit being so fuckin polite. But I get it they liked it because it was a chance to be comfortable again and sleep well do things that felt human.

#58 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:59 AM

I can understand eating lots of food and sleeping finally w/o fear of a zombie sneaking up on you... but getting drunk is so stupid! and a complete waste of an opportunity.

#59 Katie

Katie

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

Spoiler

#60 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster