892 replies to this topic

#886 zyko

zyko

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:39 PM

stumbled really hard at the turn. bad end to the month. 

fuck it; time to March.

Sad Man on a Rock - coming 20idunno!

#887 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,572 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:40 PM

Hit 175 again and see if it's sustainable.

Nope, weight stayed about the same. Pushing this one to March.

Finish up my 2019 goals list and check at least one of the boxes. I had a good one last year but been a little lazy coming into this one.

Done, but need to start pushing to get more of the goals done.

Eat more veggies.

Not really, been eating out for lunch too often.

Clean my 'man cave' room. I still haven't reorganized bits that fell over during the earthquake.

Partial success, I picked up a lot but it could still use a more thorough job.

Continue working out and maybe push a little more during strength days.

Actually did pretty well on this one. I've kept up my workout schedule and added in some 'fun' weight and cardio circuits. Also kept up running and pushed into 60/120 sprint/walk drills.

Finish a game. Any game. Why do I keep adding to my steam library?

Noooooope. Not unless you count Apex Legends, which has been consuming a lot of my spare time.

I'm down for March The Fuck On. I'm hoping now that we're getting more light and warmth I'll start pulling out of this general 'eh' mood I've had for a bit.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#888 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,697 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:31 PM

I didn't gain weight as much as I'd hoped in Ferb because my diet was restricted by poverty*, student loan finally came through so this month no excuses for no gains but myself, and soon it will be warm enough to do motorcycle courier stuff... but I did not have any off days, managed to make it to those courses that will improve my earning potential or safeguard my coworkers in the future... There's a white nationalist rally (or more specifically rallying around a Stefan Molyneux event that got booted from UBC because they got recognized as hateful racist twats) here in just under two weeks, I hope the improvements in my street fighting won't be needed... 
I'm glad this community is here to share experience and encouragement, thanks guys, I don't do a lot of IRL interactions anymore so it's really appreciated that the community is still here.
*My goal was make my medium shirts tight... I think a brand new from the store medium shirt might be tight, not quite so for the ones in my closet.
Though not technically Ferbuary, to top it all off I made it to a Runaway Four show and then got rear ended at a red light on the way home, might have avoided it by watching my mirrors if I wasn't so tired from pushing myself to be so many different places. No injuries and I could still ride away, the driver has already paid for replacement parts, given time I will probably appreciate that experience as a punctuation point ending the first leg of 2019.

startrekanimated_zpsolyb2v0x.gif

#889 angry_polar_bear

angry_polar_bear

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:49 AM

Oh man, it sucks that you got rear ended on the way home from our show. Really appreciate that you came out though, thanks!

#890 KarlGerm

KarlGerm

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:11 AM

February was insanely busy for me at work, I've had a bunch of headaches and feeling shitty which prevented me from making the trip to the gym ever, and I've pretty much just moved into my girlfriend's place since I'm never home and barely have been in 2019

I'm gonna pick up some gear and schedule some Muay Thai shit finally

I got all the gear I need to start, and went to visit the gym I'm gonna start training at to check it out. Spoke to the guy who runs it and he said he recommends I go to an intro class first and then start scheduling regular sessions. The intro class is Thursday nights at 7 and so far I haven't had those free so I'm hoping to start that up next week.

I've also been swamped with shit the past few weeks so I haven't been to the gym. gonna start that up again and my HTFUF goal is to actually stay consistent so I can stop plateauing 

Last time I was at the gym was February 4th. My gym is like a 40 minute drive now (at least...there's always traffic) and I've been there so infrequently they sent me an email to check to make sure everything was okay lol. But earlier this week, I got fed up with not going and bit the bullet and got a membership to LA Fitness. Now I can go to any LA Fitness so there isn't an excuse of me being too far from the gym in most cases. I went for the first time last night and it has everything I need. I'm baffled by the fact they are such a big gym and only have two benches and two squat racks (which was my biggest qualm with my other gym.) I kept trying to talk myself out of going to the gym because I didn't have great workout pants with me and didn't have a padlock for the locker room but my LA Fitness is right next to a target so I forced myself to just go and get it out of the way and not put it off anymore. I went and was able to successfully and easily squat 185lbs, overhead press 85lbs (though I could only get 4 reps on my last set of 5) and had no problem deadlifting 225lbs, even with my index finger recently getting bit real bad by my special needs cat during a seizure. So now that my excuse to not go is gone and I'm paying more I'm determined to be consistent. I will be going at least 3 times a week for all of March. 

I also just got a MicroKORG in the hopes I can use it as a MIDI keyboard to make it easier for me to arrange songs in Reaper. I will start working on the tracks I've been putting off for years. Harden the Fuck Up March starts here. Wish me luck, homies.

I want to get back to a working set of 225lbs for Squats and I want to be able to move past that without plateauing. I'd like to deadlift 300lbs soon. Even if it's just a 1 rep max. these are my goals for this month.

0XLHr8N.pngPLeKsvM.jpgdRKoGUE.png

#891 KarlGerm

KarlGerm

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:39 PM

So after skipping the gym for almost a month and not deloading my squats, I had a fun 3 days worth of sore, old man walking legs. they were sore on Sunday when I went to the gym again and I did the same weight for the squats. Weirdly, I haven't been sore since but I'll take it. Time to start building back up the weight tonight. Also, I scheduled my first intro to Muay Thai class for next week!! getting pretty chuffed.

I'm also going to see about investing in a good weight lifting belt sometime next month. the one company I've had my eye on (pioneer fit) does custom ones, so I might get a black one with the Dark Souls bonfire on the front of it and YOU DIED on the inside. So when I put it on, it's like being at the bonfire and leveling up Str. And after heavy lifts, when I take off the belt, I'll see the YOU DIED we all know and love.

Feeling good again with all these goals and plans. Ready to March the fuck on bay bee 

0XLHr8N.pngPLeKsvM.jpgdRKoGUE.png

#892 weener

weener

Sleeveless

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,098 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:46 PM

1. Hide in the house until my vision goes back to normal.

Achieved my goal! Vision is back to normal! Also, I have to keep off the weight I lost for the rest of my life or my vision problem will come back. HTFU life

"This thing is vibrating like a $50 milkshake!"

#893 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,958 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:55 PM

I'm supposed to have a new release of fiction in March for a local zine fest, and I thought I had longer than I do, so I gotta get something cranked out by the end of the month.

Soooo:

1. Write

This did not pan out AT ALL with moving, buying ANOTHER car, and just being too stressed to do anything but sleep and play video games.

toopunk2lose.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users