GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,026 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:57 AM

The only thing I didn't like:

Spoiler

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#17 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,026 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:50 AM

Also, after only one episode being aired, this bad boy has been renewed for a second season.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#18 norg

norg

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:52 AM

Spoiler

exactly. i was surprised at that approach. i wonder if they're going to drag out the bonding.

the whole thing was overall incredible. so many of the scenes and characters were EXACTLY as i had envisioned them in my brain when i first read it. so well done. there was a bit more graphic content than i think i would have liked or even found necessary. unfortunately, it means i'll be watching it alone. bummer. i think the wife might have enjoyed it a bit more if it didn't go so over the top with some of the content.

in any event, i can't wait for more!

norgstoof.jpg  charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif
SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK

never gtyrst a bigg btut and a smiel
that irl is POUISONNNNNNNN
-bel gbig edvo

INSUFFICIENT NORG

#19 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,026 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:54 AM

Spoiler

exactly. i was surprised at that approach. i wonder if they're going to drag out the bonding.

the whole thing was overall incredible. so many of the scenes and characters were EXACTLY as i had envisioned them in my brain when i first read it. so well done. there was a bit more graphic content than i think i would have liked or even found necessary. unfortunately, it means i'll be watching it alone. bummer. i think the wife might have enjoyed it a bit more if it didn't go so over the top with some of the content.

in any event, i can't wait for more!

The only thing I actually imagined when reading was a shit ton of more snow. everywhere.

icing bag style.

#20 Kaptain Carbon

Kaptain Carbon

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:13 PM

i thought some of the characters relationship was sanded a bit for the show
specifically with tyrion/jamie as well as jon/catlyn...

god i cant wait to see what they do with the eyrie and the vale

#21 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

Show doesn't skimp on the naked bosoms :lol:

Daenerys/Khal - I was kinda thinking that's where things were going between the two

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Visit http://lowpursuit.simplesite.com for my various internet hangouts

#22 Shervz0r

Shervz0r

Shizz Z0r

• Members
  • 16,465 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:48 PM

Spoiler

Well, we haven't seen how it ended up, right? No telling how things will start after that, right? :)

I know it's nitpicky but the opening scene felt so much more potent in the book...

bah, enough comparisons, I can't wait for shit to start going down :)

#23 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,026 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

Spoiler

Well, we haven't seen how it ended up, right? No telling how things will start after that, right? :)

I know it's nitpicky but the opening scene felt so much more potent in the book...

bah, enough comparisons, I can't wait for shit to start going down :)

Like Bran, off the castle?

icing bag style.

#24 ninja

ninja

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:03 PM

Didn't read the thing. So as for a newbie that doesn't know where the story's leading, I'm wondering. I think the visual quality is rather nice, for a TV serie I mean. I do agree with norg for the slightly over-the-top visual. Nudity isn't a shocking thing, it feels rather more mature and fantastic maybe (I mean, in the way that this wouldn't happen in our society) but it's alright. Violence is never an issue, I mean, that can't go over-limits when we have movies like Saw going on. So what's left are the sex scenes. I think they weren't too bad if that would have been a movie of some kind. I mean, I wouldn't expect it to go more graphic than that in the future. (Though I'm thinking it certainly will.)

Everything going on around Daenerys looks overly sad and doomed. I mean, his brother seems to care and love her, and even find her attractive in a way we can't exactly relate in our customs, but he does say very boldly that he'd let her get raped by all Khal's men if that were to lead him to his throne. That might be the portrait of the character, tho, I don't know, but it seems... he doesn't bother too much about his sister after all, otherwise his principles would take over the need to go back home and take back his place, no? Poor girl. As for Khal, he does appear as a man less brutal and savage with her when they end up alone, he's more human than you could think when seeing how they act during the dances and fights earlier during the ceremony of sorts. I'm thinking he might consider the bonding of flesh to be a part of the "ceremony"/marriage or whatever, maybe that's why. (It still doesn't make Daenerys fall in love with him at that moment..)

Well overall, I think I'll give it a shot. It does seem rather interesting and the kind of serie I was waiting for.

#25 norg

norg

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

Didn't read the thing. So as for a newbie that doesn't know where the story's leading, I'm wondering. I think the visual quality is rather nice, for a TV serie I mean. I do agree with norg for the slightly over-the-top visual. Nudity isn't a shocking thing, it feels rather more mature and fantastic maybe (I mean, in the way that this wouldn't happen in our society) but it's alright. Violence is never an issue, I mean, that can't go over-limits when we have movies like Saw going on. So what's left are the sex scenes. I think they weren't too bad if that would have been a movie of some kind. I mean, I wouldn't expect it to go more graphic than that in the future. (Though I'm thinking it certainly will.)

Everything going on around Daenerys looks overly sad and doomed. I mean, his brother seems to care and love her, and even find her attractive in a way we can't exactly relate in our customs, but he does say very boldly that he'd let her get raped by all Khal's men if that were to lead him to his throne. That might be the portrait of the character, tho, I don't know, but it seems... he doesn't bother too much about his sister after all, otherwise his principles would take over the need to go back home and take back his place, no? Poor girl. As for Khal, he does appear as a man less brutal and savage with her when they end up alone, he's more human than you could think when seeing how they act during the dances and fights earlier during the ceremony of sorts. I'm thinking he might consider the bonding of flesh to be a part of the "ceremony"/marriage or whatever, maybe that's why. (It still doesn't make Daenerys fall in love with him at that moment..)

Well overall, I think I'll give it a shot. It does seem rather interesting and the kind of serie I was waiting for.

it's refreshing to hear a perspective from someone who has NOT read any of the books. (:

i guess i shouldn't be too surprised at the overt use of nudity and sex, considering what they were able to get away with in The Sopranos. graphic violence has never been a favorite of mine. you couldn't pay me a year's salary to watch Saw. so watching intestines come out when people are sliced open makes logical sense but it's just a bit outside my usual realm of viewing experiences. then again, watchmen was a bit more than i wanted in terms of over the top violence but i still did enjoy the movie.

i'm also in full agreement that the opening was so much less impactful when seen on the screen than it was in the book but there is also a ton of back story that is left out. it was still a good representation of what actually took place, but they're going to have a lot of catching up to do in terms of explaining the wall and peoples perceptions of what lies beyond.

and finally, i'm totally looking forward to "watching" and kwakking with everyone here about the show :wub:

norgstoof.jpg  charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif
SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK

never gtyrst a bigg btut and a smiel
that irl is POUISONNNNNNNN
-bel gbig edvo

INSUFFICIENT NORG

#26 Shervz0r

Shervz0r

Shizz Z0r

• Members
  • 16,465 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:05 PM

I'm also VERY curious to see how much of the history and characters they keep, given the scope of the stories and the limited time span of the season. Even with a wiki I can't keep half of the characters straight!

edit

PS daenerys is hot

Posted Image

#27 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:35 PM

Spoiler

I haven't seen the show, but actually, I always read that scene in the book
Spoiler
I just spent the past half-hour seeking out a huge rant I made about this sort of thing a long time ago in the Books thread (I thought?) but I couldn't find it! Mysterious.

#28 ninja

ninja

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:50 PM

@Norg: I didn't see The Sopranos, and I'm not into horror movies or anything. I think what I like is the absence of censorship. Not that I want things to be overly crude, but I like the realism, kinda. Saw is just overly forced into the scenario, so there's no interest. I'm not looking for those things, most I don't really enjoy watching really, I just enjoy that it feels real. I kinda liked that in Pan's Labyrinth. I don't think there's a lot of things that are depicted in details, but when the woman butchers the "general"'s cheek, it's rather very gory. (But also very realistic, when have we seen something like that before? Kills and wounds aren't always clean and symbolized by scars that could as well be tattoos or whatever. I guess that's just my artistic/original/curious side coming out :rolleyes: ) You're right tho, that it's unusual and maybe also forced in a way. Sex, nudity, violence, they are always pushed a bit further in the graphical sense.

I think Watchmen was rather gory as well. It was gratuitous as some point, and not in the funny way of Pulp Fiction's clumsy shotgun head blowing :P Medieval/fantastic stuff like Game of Thrones feels like it's a little bit less intense in the gratuitous sense, I mean instead of shotgunning a pregnant woman's tummy,
Spoiler
but it still doesn't feel as bad..

@Sherv/Norg: I must say the first episode is intriguing, but without knowing all that's going on exactly, and the roles of every character, there's still a lot to explain. (Might be where the "punch" is left out) I must say I'm not really sure what is going on right now. I mean, the title says a lot, and the main characters taking sides, but it's not very clear yet. So how long is the serie supposed to be? I must agree the characters' designs are pretty awesome XD

@Jace: Seeing the females characters so far, I can't completely disagree. I'll wait until there's a badass killer woman, but there probably won't be. Too clich, or really having a problem with his view on women? Idk. I'm hoping the female characters will still have interesting roles, but being an adventurous one, (not the princess type) I always hope to see women like that. Maybe that young archer girl will grow up? ^^'

I'm looking forward to posting again as well :D Especially with you guys around B) Might buy the books eventually, if you tell me they are good. Been looking for something to read lately.

#29 Tim 200X

Tim 200X

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:17 PM

Just watched via torrent. I'd have to say I'm rather impressed with the whole thing. Some (probably nitpicky) points:

- I think the books made Tyrion out to be much uglier than he is in the show...I mean his eyes aren't even mismatched.
- I seem to remember that Jamie Lannister's armor was supposed to be like enameled white or something? It looked fancy, but otherwise normal.
- I agree, the opening sequence didn't quite have the impact it did in the book. Still pretty neat seeing the wall though.
- Was Daenerys's marriage that early in the book? For some reason I thought it wasn't smack at the beginning of her storyline, although admittedly it's been several years since I've read the books.
- Lots of boobs.

They definitely seem to be moving along at a pretty fast pace. There are so many locations that I can't wait to see on the screen.

sorry for lack of limrick
i was too busy with ur moms tit
yea i'm talkin sex
year 200x
so shut up and eat bag of dick

#30 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:20 PM

Haven't read the books. I watched last night and felt the show was slow, despite having so many things happen that I couldn't possibly list them all. It spent way too much time introducing way too many characters all at once and struggled mightily to get what seems to be a weighty storyline going.

I mean, compare that to the first episode of Breaking Bad. Apples and Oranges perhaps, but Breaking Bad got me hook line and sinker, while GoT had me scratching my head and wondering why I didn't just go to bed early.

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users