711 replies to this topic

#31 Shervz0r

Shervz0r

Shizz Z0r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,465 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

Haven't read the books. I watched last night and felt the show was slow, despite having so many things happen that I couldn't possibly list them all. It spent way too much time introducing way too many characters all at once and struggled mightily to get what seems to be a weighty storyline going.

I mean, compare that to the first episode of Breaking Bad. Apples and Oranges perhaps, but Breaking Bad got me hook line and sinker, while GoT had me scratching my head and wondering why I didn't just go to bed early.

I hear you man, the problem is the story has a TON of shit in it, from characters to history to mythology...and it starts off right when a ton of shit has recently happened, which makes it all the more dense. Stick with it, or maybe check out the first few chapter synopses via the link I tossed up to get a feel of what's going on in more detail...

#32 norg

norg

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:41 AM

watched episode 2 last night!! amy actually watched it with me (wanted to give it another chance) and i THINK she might have enjoyed this second episode much more than the first.

i'm feeling like the first at least 4 episodes are going to be "getting the viewer caught up" on things before they REALLY start to get into the meat... but this second episode REALLY seemed to be much more cohesive than the frantic first episode. and again, still yet one more episode where an hour went by and it felt like 20 minutes. incredible ...

definitely sucked in here! anyone else catch episode 2 yet?

norgstoof.jpg  charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif
SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK

never gtyrst a bigg btut and a smiel
that irl is POUISONNNNNNNN
-bel gbig edvo

INSUFFICIENT NORG

#33 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,026 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:45 AM

watched episode 2 last night!! amy actually watched it with me (wanted to give it another chance) and i THINK she might have enjoyed this second episode much more than the first.

i'm feeling like the first at least 4 episodes are going to be "getting the viewer caught up" on things before they REALLY start to get into the meat... but this second episode REALLY seemed to be much more cohesive than the frantic first episode. and again, still yet one more episode where an hour went by and it felt like 20 minutes. incredible ...

Watching it tonight

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#34 Gurthang

Gurthang

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

yet one more episode where an hour went by and it felt like 20 minutes. incredible ...

That's exactly how I feel when it's over. I get pissed because it seemed so short.

also, I hated her in the books but now I hate Cersei even more.
Spoiler

#35 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,026 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Game of Rednecks

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#36 Geo

Geo

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

Ep2 was good. To all the torrenters out there, Hanna got a cease and desist notice for downloading this show. Be smart!
Posted Image

#37 Kaptain Carbon

Kaptain Carbon

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:12 AM

Ep2 was good. To all the torrenters out there, Hanna got a cease and desist notice for downloading this show. Be smart!

yeah im totally waiting a couple of weeks before
its never a good idea to download the week of episodes
especially with something this big
ill be patient since im stealing

#38 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:32 AM

I haven't read the books, but I'm loving the show. The second episode was leaps and bounds better than the first episode imo, but I think that's more to do with the first episode suffering from the obligatory "here's a million characters" hurdle. Highlights for me thus far are...

+ Casting (Sean Bean is tops, hell, everyone in this has been great so far)
+ Names (I like that not everyone sounds like a Tolkien elf. "Ned".
+ Series opener (I thought this was one of the better series premiers of a show I've seen. Those monsters in the snow looked like a nightmarish orc or something, can't wait to see more of them)
+ Child Actors (This could be bundled with casting, but I'm really impressed with how non-annoying the kids on this show have been with their performances thus far)
+ boobs
+ Bastards (I really dig the character plot involving Ned's bastard kid setting out to serve on the wall)
+ Dire Wolves (I'm a dog lover and I really enjoyed the healthy level of attention those beautiful hounds got in ep 2)

All in all, I think this show has a ton of potential and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

#39 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,026 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:49 AM

It's also one of the most faithful adaptations (so far) that I've seen in a very long time.

icing bag style.

#40 norg

norg

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:26 PM

i tried to newsgroup it and the links didn't work. torrent'd. oops! time to kill that link

norgstoof.jpg  charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif
SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK

never gtyrst a bigg btut and a smiel
that irl is POUISONNNNNNNN
-bel gbig edvo

INSUFFICIENT NORG

#41 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

i tried to newsgroup it and the links didn't work. torrent'd. oops! time to kill that link

You guys gotta get in on a good, invite only torrent site. I've got a great one for TV. If anyone's interested, send me a PM. I get all of my TV from it and I DL stuff immediately after it airs.

#42 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,026 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:46 PM

Littlefinger was cast perfectly!

icing bag style.

#43 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,373 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

I read game of thrones back in 2002 or 3, when Morrowind was relatively new and I was hooked. Read through the third book but had to wait so long for the 4th one that I don't remember shit. I'm going through the Order of the Hand wiki to catch up on a chapter-by-chapter basis and I can't WAIT for this show! I wanna try to accrue many eps before sitting down to watch em all but I lack discipline

I'm in this situation, I have A Feast for Crows and I've been trying to remember so much and wiki'ing some. The series is helping me remember a lot. Overall I agree with the Khal/Daenerys comments, how they handled that surprised me. I'll be looking forward to seeing all the comments on this and how they continue to tackle such an epic series.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#44 Xplo

Xplo

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:46 AM

Everything going on around Daenerys looks overly sad and doomed. I mean, his brother seems to care and love her, and even find her attractive in a way we can't exactly relate in our customs, but he does say very boldly that he'd let her get raped by all Khal's men if that were to lead him to his throne. That might be the portrait of the character, tho, I don't know, but it seems... he doesn't bother too much about his sister after all, otherwise his principles would take over the need to go back home and take back his place, no? Poor girl.

In the book, her brother is physically and emotionally abusive. At the part in the show where he talked about letting the whole horde fuck her if it got him his throne back, I was really surprised to see him do the faux tenderness thing with the kiss on the forehead, because it would have been truer to the book if he'd twisted her arm or something.

As for Khal, he does appear as a man less brutal and savage with her when they end up alone, he's more human than you could think when seeing how they act during the dances and fights earlier during the ceremony of sorts.

Again, in the book, he was actually super gentle on their wedding night, and I think they screwed that up in the show.. you can kind of see that they were trying for that when he says "no" and wipes her tear away, but then they rush straight to the consummation and it definitely feels rapey.

The whole show is moving fast as hell compared to the book, but I feel like they're cutting TOO much in Daenerys' part of the story.

@Jace: Seeing the females characters so far, I can't completely disagree. I'll wait until there's a badass killer woman, but there probably won't be. Too clich, or really having a problem with his view on women? Idk. I'm hoping the female characters will still have interesting roles, but being an adventurous one, (not the princess type) I always hope to see women like that. Maybe that young archer girl will grow up? ^^'

Catelyn's got some stones, although she's not a badass fighter or anything.
Daenerys just became queen of a Dothraki horde, and she stopped taking shit from her brother at about the same time, you can do the math on that one.
Keep your eye on Arya (the archer girl). ;)

#45 Classic-wolf

Classic-wolf

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

Haven't read the books. I watched last night and felt the show was slow, despite having so many things happen that I couldn't possibly list them all. It spent way too much time introducing way too many characters all at once and struggled mightily to get what seems to be a weighty storyline going.

I mean, compare that to the first episode of Breaking Bad. Apples and Oranges perhaps, but Breaking Bad got me hook line and sinker, while GoT had me scratching my head and wondering why I didn't just go to bed early.

I hear you man, the problem is the story has a TON of shit in it, from characters to history to mythology...and it starts off right when a ton of shit has recently happened, which makes it all the more dense. Stick with it, or maybe check out the first few chapter synopses via the link I tossed up to get a feel of what's going on in more detail...

I got to see it at my Uncle's for a minute, story felt like no-details-lost mini-series version of a Stephen King Book. Will get DVD box set when it comes out.
O.N.H.C. Put it on t-shirts, wear it, live it, love it.
Only Noobz Hit Civillians
That one topic with the songs and stuff
Not my site, 'cuz I don't have one, but awesome nonetheless. Fightersgeneration.com

EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE

AW FEIN

Remember to *Stay Determined*!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users