711 replies to this topic

#526 Moldilox

Moldilox

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,766 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:23 PM

I thought that (mostly confirmed) theory applied to Jon.

Read my comic: BIG DUMB FIGHTING IDIOTS!

#527 theDude.

theDude.

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:24 PM

The theory is that Tyrion's mother was raped by the Mad King. There's some fairly compelling evidence for it.

Also, I totally think Jon and Dany will end up opposing each other.

Edit: I'll let my GOT spirit guide explain the Tyrion theory for you

#528 munzadeth

munzadeth

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:41 PM

innnnnnteresting theory, but yea as that guy says the reasons against it are more compelling than the reasons for it. 

To me, Dany does not seem like the type to marry for her own political purposes (her marriage to Kal Drogo was forced by her brother).  She's come so far without needing the help of any husband, and she has allies in waiting with Jon Snow and the northerners... plus the dragons.  I could mayyybe see Jorah making a comeback and being of some brief romantic interest, but I think for her any marriage would feel like a step down.

I could see the next season going something like this... Bran/Jon Snow cross paths early on, Bran informs Jon of his Targaryan blood, Jon decides to seek out Dany, perhaps helps her with her invasion of King's Landing.  Dany takes the iron throne but in the process Jon and Sansa convince her of the threat of the white walkers and they unite to prepare for that battle.  Maybe Cersei and Jaime escape during the invasion and, not understanding that Winter is Coming, start plotting some way of sabotaging this big Jon/Dany alliance - perhaps by playing the Lannister card with Tyrion (Cersei sends Jaime to coerce Tyrion into betraying Dany, but maybe Tyrion turns it around and convinces Jaime to betray Cersei which he arguably wants to do anyway?) 

Calling it!  B)   

#529 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,608 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

Here we go

astroman.gif Dj5ZiPN.png

#530 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,026 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:46 PM

Great episode.

Opening scene was bad to the ass!

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#531 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,698 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:31 AM

Solid season opener for sure. I liked how the recap and opening sequence set all the parallels for tying everything up. Also, hey, a song that isn't the Rains of Castemere or The Bear and the Maiden Fair!

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#532 Shoe

Shoe

Official Shizz Naruto Fanscribe

• Members
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:40 AM

God, the

Spoiler

Overall though, pretty great episode, but I'm worried about the "TV-ification" of the show in general, and this definitely felt like a step in that direction. What's always made me love Game of Thrones is how utterly consistent it is - it doesn't feel like a story, it feels like a living world where everything is a consequence of who these well-defined characters are, not just whatever story GRRM wanted to tell. But lately, whether in the interest of wrapping everything up, or just the directors running free of the books, it's started to feel more and more story manipulative. Just setting up big, obvious wins for the inevitable crash (see: the cold open), or now that we're at the end, maybe even just a sudden turn to "oh hey our favorites win now!", but we'll have to get further in the season to see if any of my fears are true. 

Some random thoughts:

Spoiler

Wizwars, about the bush hogging. Just wet and part my man. Give that bush the Moses treatment and head for the Promised Land.

Whaaaaaaaaat.

#533 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,373 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:35 PM

Well there has been a lot of buildup, so we'll be seeing a lot of major story development this season. I doubt they'd do something like have Dany's ships all sink in a storm or something similarly anticlimactic. I have my doubts that all the favorites are just going to win though. GoT has to have some nasty surprises.

Hell my favorite character isn't even in the TV series anyway (Young Griff).

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#534 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,184 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:49 PM

JORAH THE EXPLORA'

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#535 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:45 AM

It was a strong opener.

Spoiler

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://www.patreon.com/tibone - PATREON

http://tibone.bandcamp.com - MUSIC

http://www.youtube.com/tibonev/ - VIDEOS

http://www.classicgames.com.br/ - GAMES AND OTHER CODING STUFF

http://x68k.classicgames.com.br/ - X68k AMAZEBALLS MUSIC.

#536 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Shizz Boss

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:49 AM

Spoiler

That's the thing. It's such an obvious thing at this point that I actually wonder if it'll happen at all.

Posted Image

#537 KarlGerm

KarlGerm

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:03 AM

just gonna spoil out all my shit even though none of it will be tooo spoilery but I am talking about the latest episode. just in case

Spoiler

0XLHr8N.pngPLeKsvM.jpgdRKoGUE.png

#538 Kilu

Kilu

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:46 AM

I liked it.

Spoiler

panic-dance.gif
This is no place for a horse.

#539 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,026 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:49 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#540 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,608 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:41 AM

My coworker is watching Game of Thrones now because her girlfriend started her on it, and it's just a total trainwreck. They skipped the red wedding because they couldn't find the last two episodes of that season to watch. Now they're watching the new season without having watched the previous two seasons. She fucking blowing it

astroman.gif Dj5ZiPN.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users