19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#752 Smeg

Smeg

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:46 AM

I think the show has forgotten all about the Faceless Men at this point. I had been expecting Arya to have to pay for her betrayal at some point, but it doesn't seem like it's forthcoming.

PS if you're not following Arrested Westeros, you're messing up

#753 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:41 PM

That was... a lot weaker of an ending than I was hoping for. Some of it was appropriate but a lot of it

Spoiler

But it was a hell of a ride for 8 years. One of the most spectacular things I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching

edit: i cant stop thinking about how much better this season would have been with a full 10 episodes to flesh everything out and pace things better

Dj5ZiPN.png

#754 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,832 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:54 PM

Sadisfying, as promised.

banner.png

#755 Juja

Juja

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:36 AM

I'm just sad that it's over. I'm with George R.R. Martin on this one - I want 5 more seasons.

#756 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:38 AM

well, it was good, but not. Fitting for thrones.

Ploholes and stuff apart, i enjoyed. Series finales are always difficult to pull of, but i think they ended it okay.

Way better than HIMYM. 

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://ko-fi.com/tibone/

#757 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,367 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:40 AM

I actually watched it despite never seeing an episode in my entire life. I did sort of catch up via spoilers and a "greatest hits" youtube binge leading up to it so I wasn't too lost in the mess. Some other things I vaguely knew of thanks to memes and so many people talking about it in the open, so clearly I'm as much of an expert as any of you would be.

I thought it was pretty good, don't really see how else it could have ended really but I'm a casual who just wanted to find out.

Seeing the mad reactions confused me a bit, I could see why fans were upset last week but when the literal dust settled you figure this would just be an epilogue of sorts and all the time was needed to wrap it up. Sure it looked rush and glossed over some key confrontations but hey this ain't a book.

I do wonder how the story would have went if some characters had died (or stayed dead) sooner but again I'm a casual and don't want to get into debate and details of it all.

I'd probably give the episode a B, and the show overall from what I've seen of it a solid A both for having some cool moments and also for making me laugh (sometimes unintentionally).

giphy.gif

#758 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,603 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:05 PM

Honestly not sure how I feel about the ending.

Spoiler

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#759 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,636 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:51 PM

My favourite moment was

Spoiler

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#760 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:31 PM

It was fine. I’m a middle of the road casul at best on GoT, so take my opinion accordingly, but I felt it ended well enough. I’d agree with mrtame in that it felt a little too neatly concluded, but at the same time, if they hadn’t wrapped up the major players like this people would’ve felt even more dissatisfied.

#761 Kilu

Kilu

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,756 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:17 PM

It was one hell of a ride. There were a lot of memorable moments throughout all the seasons, so even with it getting weaker at the end, it was still definitely worth the watch in the end.

I haven't read the books, and so I view it similarly to any long running tv series. Lots of great character moments, bunch of great smaller stories peppered throughout the run. In a few years I'll mostly just really remember the good stuff anyway.

So I expect it will take a very similar place in my mind as Battlestar Galactica, Lost or X-Files etc.

air-emerson.gif

panic-dance.gif
This is no place for a horse.

#762 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,210 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:19 PM

I hear there's a secret bonus episode where everyone has to team up to fight mecha-Joffrey... keep it on the hush hush though

tumblr_l0w3iatftU1qzylvvo1_400.gifPopful_Mail_(Sega_CD)_34.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users