#391 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,540 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:18 PM

started watching Iron Fist.

Barely any action in the first 3 episodes? Kinda into it but the main character can't decide if he's a sagely monk or a white yuppie

#392 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,239 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:42 PM

It keeps getting worse. The show is pretty much unwatchable by episode 7 or so.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#393 munzadeth

munzadeth

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

I think Master of None is pretty fresh.  Season 2 just came out and so far it's odd and wonderful.

#394 weener

weener

Shizz Gawd

• Shizzified
  • 11,856 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:48 PM

My wife is a huge fan of the original Anne of Green Gables movie, but has been super reluctant to try to new one. You might say she's "in the depths of despair".

They definitely jazz it up to make it more modern. The whole second episode is something that doesn't happen in the book. But it's well-done, the actors are great, and I'd suggest trying it.

"This thing is vibrating like a $50 milkshake!"

#395 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,749 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:44 AM

I think Master of None is pretty fresh. Season 2 just came out and so far it's odd and wonderful.

There were times when season 1 stresses me out. I can't handle second hand embarrassment

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#396 JoeMusashi

JoeMusashi

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:46 PM

I think Master of None is pretty fresh. Season 2 just came out and so far it's odd and wonderful.

There were times when season 1 stresses me out. I can't handle second hand embarrassment

Dude I am the same way. I can't handle it.
mercatfat: no, man
circumcision has WAY better aerodynamics

mercatfat: it's like, you're driving an Element
and I'm in an Audi TT

I'm not a rapist, I'm a TREASURE HUNTER!

#397 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,239 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:52 PM

There's a really hard to watch, 1 hour episode in season 2. I was wreathing in physical pain.

On a different note, the wife and I watched the first episode of Dear White People this morning. I liked it, but it was also disorienting since they changed so much from the movie.

#398 Shoe

Shoe

Official Shizz Naruto Fanscribe

• Members
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:11 AM

This is retroactive (we finished all the seasons), but Motherfuckin' Great British Baking Show or whatever it is. Holy shit, it's so good. 

Unnecessary backstory: My girlfriend and I have a long history of being into cooking shows, mainly stuff like Chopped, to have on in the background while we eat dinner, can't think of something more interesting to watch, etc. It's alright, but I've always hated the cookie-cutter American Documentary Game Show episode format, complete with tense music, dramatic zooms, and general annoying bullshit. I don't need a 10 minute segment on how this 10k could turn a cook's life around... just cook some damn food. Although I do enjoy the wild disparities between contestants. Jim wants it to start a charity in honor of his dead son's disease! Barry wants it to fly his girlfriend to Cabo, cause he worked really hard for a few weeks this year. Barry ends up winning. 

Anyway, GBBS throws aallllllllll that shit out the window. There's like 1 minute of backstory, and then it's straight on to making shit. No manufactured drama, no faux-anger about the food.. everyone's super nice and delightful, the challenges are interesting.. ugh, it's great. Plus, it's a whole season so you can actually get invested and root for people. We couldn't stop watching this thing, it's amazing. And on top of all that, there's only 3 seasons on Netflix, but there's been an actual 7 in England, so.. 4 more to go. Delightful. 

EDIT: Holy shit, apparently this year, Noel Fielding is taking over one of the presenter positions. Amazing. 

Wizwars, about the bush hogging. Just wet and part my man. Give that bush the Moses treatment and head for the Promised Land.

Whaaaaaaaaat.

#399 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:25 AM

Beware Shoe, for America is terrible and totally fucked up the order of the seasons of that stupendous show.

Season 1 on Netflix (The Great British Baking Show) = Season 5 on BBC (The Great British Bake Off)

Season 2                                                                     = Season 4

Season 3                                                                     = Season 6

So, from there, you would have to seek out the British versions of the show with their Season 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 or just wait for PBS to port them over. 

I fucking love that show. It's the reason I started baking in the first place. The other thing I like is that they are all amateur bakers, and yeah, while they do give a little backstory on their lives, it's way more interesting to see pretty much all walks of life coming together under a giant tent to bake some awesome stuff, and yeah, having everyone actually BEING NICE TO EACH OTHER was such a refreshing change from the American cooking shows with the constant fucking narcissism UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh.

SORRY, point is, it's awesome, and I'm SUPER GLAD that they didn't change anything from the BBC versions, aside from the pointless name change. They did that shit with Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares and it was absolutely terrible in comparison to the UK show so SUPER GLAD they didn't go that route with this. I got some friends and family hooked on it too. It's simply delightful.

#400 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:10 AM

Great British Baking show is such a feel-good show and is the anti-reality TV show.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#401 Paragon

Paragon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:14 PM

Netflix is in the process of taking down a bunch of TV shows, mostly FOX-owned stuff.  It includes:

• Arrested Development (except for the Netflix-made seasons)
  • Buffy
  • Angel
  • X-Files
  • Firefly
  • Scrubs
  • House

So if you were looking to see some of that, check it out soon.  I was giving Arrested Development another shot but they say it's coming down this week.

#402 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:21 PM

They'll probably all be back soon (especially AD, which just announced season 5 is in production) after contract negotiations. Here comes a Netflix sub price hike!

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#403 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:22 PM

I was bummed about them taking X-Files off.  The I discovered I can watch it on Hulu, so woot. 

The Gemini Bells:

http://thegeminibells.bandcamp.com

And other stuff:

http://jamesmileshq.bandcamp.com/

Ruminations and other nonsense:

http://lastdelirium.blogspot.com/

#404 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,239 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:49 PM

On a different note, the wife and I watched the first episode of Dear White People this morning.

The 2nd episode has a shot of CGI vagina that is incredibly disturbing. The hair just looks so wrong on it and creeped me the fuck out.

#405 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:58 PM

Ah yes, the Uncanny Vag-ley. I'm familiar with its effects.
banners2mercury.jpg

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users