nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 04:43 PM

stupid kid indeed
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#692 Leonidus

Leonidus

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,005 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:53 AM

Not Netflix but HBO--Barry.  A hit man that aspires to be an actor and leave the hit man life.  

Barry was fucking so good.  I wish it wasn't on HBO so everyone could see it.  Over the years I'm just more and more impressed with Bill Hader, but jesus christ did he knock it out of the park with this one.

Pimps don't commit suicide

#693 WilliamTheBard

WilliamTheBard

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:04 PM

Watched "Russian Doll" on the 'flix. I didn't like it for the first few episodes until they introduced Alan, then it got interesting. I think they're going to do a second season which seems pointless and annoying, but oh well.

#694 kareshi

kareshi

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,606 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:55 PM

We’re watching that. One episode left, been pretty good.
Reading: "Don Quixote" by Cervantes

#695 WilliamTheBard

WilliamTheBard

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:25 PM

Watched "To Kill a Mockingbird" on Flashback Cinema at my local cinema. Fuck, what a great movie, I mean I've seen it a bunch of times but never on the big screen and it still makes me tear up.

#696 Leonidus

Leonidus

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,005 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:50 PM

What did you like in particular about To Kill A Mockingbird?  I read the book in school and saw the film, so I want to hear from someone who maybe wasn't forced on it like I was.

Pimps don't commit suicide

#697 weener

weener

Sleeveless

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,097 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:20 PM

I'm liking the new Carmen Sandiego cartoon. I'm finding it similar to the new She-Ra but if She-Ra actually had jokes and a good plot, and the dump truck of queer content was replaced with geography education. (FYI I would have loved She-Ra for all its gayness if it had bothered with jokes or a good plot)

"This thing is vibrating like a $50 milkshake!"

#698 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 08:52 PM

PEN15 was very enjoyable but I feel like it drew too randomly from different parts of the 90s for a show that takes place in 2000. I realize that’s a very nit picky complaint. Also watched The Bleeding Edge Netflix doc last night and now have the unreasonable fear that there is a cobalt rod in my body that is poisoning my blood and slowly driving me insane..

shitty is now.

#699 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 12:55 AM

Close to finishing Assassination of Gianni Versace. Season 1 of American Crime Story (OJ Simpson) was surprisingly well done, but season 2 is phenomenal. And while I went into season 1 knowing about the OJ case to a degree (I was in 6th grade when it happened), I knew nothing about Gianni Versace going into season 2. If you want to watch a dramatization of a real world serial murder case with excellent acting and really cool structure with each episode moving back in time, watch it. Fair warning, it's pretty dark and sad.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#700 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:56 AM

That kid playing Andrew Cunanan is frickin terrifying.

#701 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 16,984 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:48 AM

also ricky martin is still hot.
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#702 pIENESS

pIENESS

Casual Gamer D

• Members
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:26 AM

Close to finishing Assassination of Gianni Versace. Season 1 of American Crime Story (OJ Simpson) was surprisingly well done, but season 2 is phenomenal. And while I went into season 1 knowing about the OJ case to a degree (I was in 6th grade when it happened), I knew nothing about Gianni Versace going into season 2. If you want to watch a dramatization of a real world serial murder case with excellent acting and really cool structure with each episode moving back in time, watch it. Fair warning, it's pretty dark and sad.

I watched season 2 twice, because I Netflix cheated on Matt. It's really good. I normally don't like dark or graphic things, but the way they put this together is really fascinating.

Oh yeah, and they play a lot of good hit tunes throughout the episodes!

#703 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,571 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:28 PM

Anyone else watching Love, Death and Robots? It's a series of animated shorts, lots of cyberpunk and steampunk material. Pretty NSFW in spots but very good.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#704 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:31 PM

I put it on my watch list so I'll get to it eventually.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#705 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:29 PM

Been going through the Bond films in release order since Netflix re-added most of them. So far we've finished Live and Let Die (first one with Roger Moore), which I didn't realize beforehand jumped on the blaxploitation bandwagon. So far I think my favorite is Thunderball, and my least favorite is On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users