794 replies to this topic

#781 cacomistle

cacomistle

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,104 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:30 AM

Fargo season 1 was crazy!  i'm gonna wait til winter to watch the rest.  im sweating, but it's snowy on screen.

new Chappelle was hilarious.

started Trailer Park Boys a few months ago.  this show is amazing.

70513658_10100195063969164_5277526380190

#782 trunkspace

trunkspace

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:18 AM

I find myself watching less and less Netflix as time goes on. I used to be able to find what I wanted on there. This is not the case anymore. Every time I look for a movie on Netflix they don't have it and neither does amazon prime. I think I may have to go back to pirating movies. I think a lot of other people will as well. I am not paying for 50 different services just because all these companies are greedy.

I honestly expect Netflix to crash and burn because the quality of selection went downhill so far for so long.  Looks like the studios are trying to force Netflix and Amazon Prime out of the market by keeping their best content for their own shitty streaming services, and that's why Netflix pumped billions into their own production work.

I worry about this too. I hate how everyone has a streaming service now. Networks are dying and within a year we'll have to pay for internet, and another charge for whatever 'network' we want to watch. I'm an old man and THIS IS HOW THEY GET CHA!

Also: We bought a year subscription to the Criterion network, but haven't used it much yet.

Anyway, Diana and I are doing a half-hearted rewatch of Disenchanted to prep for the 2nd part of s1 coming next month.

I know most folks weren't wowed by it on initial run, but it is better on rewatch and the cliffhanger episode was really impressive.

65ad9f37c58e7dc65500d82c7596a5c282c67a95

#783 thebitterroost

thebitterroost

Shizz n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:35 PM

Every time I look for a movie on Netflix they don't have it and neither does amazon prime. I think I may have to go back to pirating movies.

If it’s primarily movies you’re interested in, you might look at a dvd subscription of theirs. I know it’s slow and seems primitive next to the ability to stream HD and all, but it might be enough to cover the gap.

#784 thebitterroost

thebitterroost

Shizz n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:39 PM

Also, watched season 2 of Medici. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Not too many period shows that take plane in the renaissance, and after some reading up after the season concluded, turns out the the history depicted is pretty accurate (bonus points for me). There’s less emphasis on swordfighting and more on the politics of the time.

#785 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 05:42 AM

There is never enough of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Always seem to plow through it

#786 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:46 PM

after becoming mildly obsessed with I THINK YOU SHOULD LEAVE i went back to give Tim's old show DETROITERS another chance, i didn't like it when i tried to watch it a few years ago. I am happy to report that its much better than i thought

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#787 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • 8,909 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:29 PM

The Dark Crystal series is pretty good but quite brvtal. So much so that our kid account ("Murphy", because it was made before our actual kid) gets blocked from playing it.

banner.png

#788 kareshi

kareshi

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,725 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:02 PM

I really liked the x files with the Sandlot kid as a vampire, mostly for the storytelling device. I bet it was fun to play exaggerated versions of each character as remembered by the other.
Reading: "Don Quixote" by Cervantes

#789 Juja

Juja

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:30 PM

Bad Blood. That's one of my favorite X-Files episodes ever. Mulder's version of Luke Wilson cracks me up. Considering how much I love the series more serious paranormal episodes, I have to admit that it's really fun to have the odd comedy episode.

#790 powellman

powellman

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:56 AM

On the topic of Luke Wilson I watched Evolution for the first and the last time the other day....

#791 Leonidus

Leonidus

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:46 PM

Letterkenny has perhaps the consistently best use of music in a tv show and the densest witty banter of a comedy show.  It's a fucking canadian masterpiece that once again proves my theory that canadians are just better than the rest of us.

I'd just like to remind everyone that you should watch Letterkenny for the music alone, it is that fucking good.

Pimps don't commit suicide

#792 Bimmy

Bimmy

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:32 AM

Unbelievable

#793 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,524 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:56 PM

started Trailer Park Boys a few months ago.  this show is amazing.

Yes. Some of the things they "get right" about trailer park environments (a big part of my upbringing) are astonishing as well. I would really love to have a talk with the creators some day. It falls off a little in later seasons as the actors get older and seem tired or something but it's still endearing even then.

#794 trunkspace

trunkspace

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,407 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:28 PM

On the topic of Luke Wilson I watched Evolution for the first and the last time the other day....

Oh man, that movie is one of the biggest disappointments ever. Everything about it just didn't work fsr.

Like an entire team of 8 yr olds striking out at wiffle ball.

Disenchanted is back. I've liked the 1st 2 eps of this 2nd half of season 1.

It still feels like it is missing stride in some ways, but this arc of getting Elfo back and Luci's face turn have been enjoyable.

I'm looking forward to seeing Zog kick more ass, and hopefully more from Oooona.

I can't BELIEVE Simpsons beat Bojack Horseman for Best Animated Emmy. 
I like everything that was nominated, especially Adventure Time, but nothing touched Bojack for quality these past couple years.

I know, I know, Emmy voters are old and none of them watched anything but the screeners, and who gives a shit about awards anyway.

But still--like what the fuck?

65ad9f37c58e7dc65500d82c7596a5c282c67a95

#795 Bimmy

Bimmy

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted Today, 05:25 AM

Disenchanted is back. I've liked the 1st 2 eps of this 2nd half of season 1.
It still feels like it is missing stride in some ways, but this arc of getting Elfo back and Luci's face turn have been enjoyable.

Had some great gut laugh jokes imo.

S2E1: "Shhhhhhhhh.... Shhhhhhhh.... Shhhhhhutup..."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users