777 replies to this topic

#16 Nuttz the Squirrel

Nuttz the Squirrel

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:53 PM

Any party with Fighter, White Mage, and Black Mage is great.
Your fourth character is of little importance as the other three cover all of your needs.
You should just pick whatever job suits your playing style best, whether you desire more magic power or extra physical strength.
Black Belt is a bit underpowered early on, both in strength and defense, but by game's end will have likely surpassed everybody.
Keep a close eye on his stats as Black Belt is a little different from all the other classes.
His attack power is equal to 2X his level and his defense is equal to his level too.
Because of this, he is sometimes better off with no armor and often better without a weapon.

By the time you get to the third town, you'll have to grind like crazy.
You'll be very underleveled for the next dungeon and all of the newest spells and equipment are very expensive.
Fortunately, the pace of the game picks up quite a bit afterwards.

#17 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:04 PM

Yep, that all sounds accurate. Black Belt + Nunchuks may seem like a good fit, it's best to keep him empty handed. I can't recall the details of how he interacts with armor. He actually benefit from no armor as well?

Does anyone remember a few months ago some guy on another forum was playing through Final Fantasy 1 and posting all kinds of technical details as he went. But he stalled early in the game and the thread wasn't updated for a while. Did he ever continue with that? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

#18 Sam

Sam

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,043 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

Does anyone remember a few months ago some guy on another forum was playing through Final Fantasy 1 and posting all kinds of technical details as he went. But he stalled early in the game and the thread wasn't updated for a while. Did he ever continue with that? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I know exactly what you're talking about, but I have no idea where to find it again. :(

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

you will die of sodium poisoning before you ever take me with enough grains of salt.

Perhaps the same can be said of all birth control. But enough posting- have at you!

#19 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:14 PM

Well, at least I'm not crazy. I think the forum color theme was vaguely tan and green... uh, that's all I got.

#20 Dennis

Dennis

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

hey guys, I'm the best:

http://www.nintendoa...&threadid=39691

#21 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:36 PM

There it is... but damn it, the guy still hasn't updated it!

#22 arise_shine

arise_shine

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,286 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

Yeah, Fighter/Bl. Belt/Wh. Mage/Bl. Mage is classic. I personally love Bl. Belts because they're great fighters and they deal a shit ton of damage once you're able to unequip them. A nice counterbalance to the Fighters. One of my favorite parties is Bl. Belt/Bl. Belt/Bl. Belt/Wh. Mage. Is there any reason whatsoever to use the Thief? He seems pretty terrible in every respect. Red Mage at least gives you decent attacks and decent spells.

For grinding, the field between the first two towns is pretty good, but the Madponies can get pretty brutal in multiples. Probably the hardest and most tedious grinding in the game comes around the Marsh Cave, around the elf town. Killing so many Ogres and Creepers. And the Marsh Cave itself is terribly annoying, getting poisoned all the time. But yeah, once you can kill Giants in the Earth Cave, grinding is pretty easy and straight forward.

I'd love to try to do a speedrun of this game sometime, but I don't know how to balance the luck aspect of it .. do you play it safe for consistency, or go balls to the wall?

Landscape.png

My shitty Twitch channel

"The sun has left the sky, now you can close your eyes, leave all the world behind until tomorrow." (Latimer/Bardens)

"So shall it be written, so shall it be done, came the warning from the prophet..." (Davis/Davis)

#23 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,458 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:08 PM

i started FOUR WARRIORS OF LIGHT on ds recently and it is just as hard as i have heard people bitch about. at first i was really annoyed at the battle sstem, but ive adapted. i really love the way the map scrolls as you walk around, gives everything a neat sense of depth and distance.

pretty sure my last FF1 party was F/F/Bl Belt/Red? and i played everything on the remake cart on that run.

in all ive beaten 1,3,4,6,7 and like 90% of 2 and 8. my favorite overall isnt even a 'real' one-ive poured the most hours into FF Tactics Advance

as you can tell by the above list, i dont like 'modern' FF games AT ALL
(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#24 Shervz0r

Shervz0r

Shizz Z0r

• Members
  • 16,470 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:31 AM

The best party is 4 fighters, although a white mage to cast exit becomes really convenient later on...but seriously, 4 fighters just maul EVERYTHING

#25 arise_shine

arise_shine

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,286 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:47 AM

I would think that 4 Fighters would take forever to buy equipment for. But then again, it might be cheaper than saving up for spells for the mages?

Landscape.png

My shitty Twitch channel

"The sun has left the sky, now you can close your eyes, leave all the world behind until tomorrow." (Latimer/Bardens)

"So shall it be written, so shall it be done, came the warning from the prophet..." (Davis/Davis)

#26 Nuttz the Squirrel

Nuttz the Squirrel

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:58 AM

I would think that 4 Fighters would take forever to buy equipment for. But then again, it might be cheaper than saving up for spells for the mages?

Grinding with four Fighters would be incredibly easy to do, so it could take less time than expected.
Also, a lot of the best equipment isn't even bought; most of it is simply found in chests.

The party I've beat the game with the quickest is three Fighters and a Red Mage.
I don't like having no magic at all.

#27 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:32 AM

Yeah, Fighter/Bl. Belt/Wh. Mage/Bl. Mage is classic. I personally love Bl. Belts because they're great fighters and they deal a shit ton of damage once you're able to unequip them. A nice counterbalance to the Fighters. One of my favorite parties is Bl. Belt/Bl. Belt/Bl. Belt/Wh. Mage. Is there any reason whatsoever to use the Thief? He seems pretty terrible in every respect. Red Mage at least gives you decent attacks and decent spells.

For grinding, the field between the first two towns is pretty good, but the Madponies can get pretty brutal in multiples. Probably the hardest and most tedious grinding in the game comes around the Marsh Cave, around the elf town. Killing so many Ogres and Creepers. And the Marsh Cave itself is terribly annoying, getting poisoned all the time. But yeah, once you can kill Giants in the Earth Cave, grinding is pretty easy and straight forward.

I'd love to try to do a speedrun of this game sometime, but I don't know how to balance the luck aspect of it .. do you play it safe for consistency, or go balls to the wall?

Thief? Sucks balls until he becomes a Ninja. Plus it's nice to just have the variety of characters. BB's are pretty boring considering all they ever do is attack and you can't even give them gear. As a Ninja, you have a good melee character that can learn the FAST spell which is certainly useful, though not most useful. Plus, Ninjas are cool.

The best party is 4 fighters, although a white mage to cast exit becomes really convenient later on...but seriously, 4 fighters just maul EVERYTHING

This is true. Actually, I beat the game once on an emu with just one fighter and it wasn't much trouble except instant death spells (which I used save stats to cheat through).

i started FOUR WARRIORS OF LIGHT on ds recently and it is just as hard as i have heard people bitch about. at first i was really annoyed at the battle sstem, but ive adapted. i really love the way the map scrolls as you walk around, gives everything a neat sense of depth and distance.

I was trying to play this, but I got badly stuck after returning to the first town. All the people are gone and there seems to be nowhere to go. I'd heard of people complain about getting lost, but this is ridiculous. I was enjoying the battle system and looking forward to challenging tactical fights.

The party I've beat the game with the quickest is three Fighters and a Red Mage.I don't like having no magic at all.

Yep, that is like easy mode.

#28 Sam

Sam

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,043 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

I like Fighter, Black Belt, Red Mage, White Mage.

Good offensive power. Less money worries thanks to BB. 3 healers by end game. RM throws in some black magic as needed.

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

you will die of sodium poisoning before you ever take me with enough grains of salt.

Perhaps the same can be said of all birth control. But enough posting- have at you!

#29 Guest_MetalBishop_*

Guest_MetalBishop_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:04 AM

so the problem i am having is buying things just to find out i cant equip them to my guys. i bought chain mail all around, just to find out only my fighter can wear it. :(

#30 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,565 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:23 AM

I'm using a Warrior, Red Mage, White Mage and Black Mage right now in FF1. It's been doing me well, but I'm thinking that if I had 4 Red Mages, I'd have damn well enough magic and enough attack power to progress sufficiently, after a few hours of grinding.

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users