#766 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:18 PM

DYXUtc2XcAAbeP4.jpg

Finally managed to beat the trial mode in Zodiac Age! And I have to say, stage 100 is the hardest boss fight in any RPG I've ever played. I've spent around 50 minutes out of these 2 hours on that stage alone.

#767 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,518 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:28 PM

Yet the PSP version couldn't bother with the full chocobo song

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#768 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,928 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:47 PM

It's got some cool tunes though.

These songs are dope.

toopunk2lose.png

#769 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,548 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:17 PM

Yet the PSP version couldn't bother with the full chocobo song

That's how it was in the Famicom version. They didn't make the song longer until the next game.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#770 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,518 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:15 PM

I know, but shit.  They really could have done a better job cleaning it up for the rerelease. It's borderline Konami treatment

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#771 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 11:02 AM

For some reason I bought the PS4 port of Final Fantasy VII, so I decided to start that one up. I've probably played through FF7 at least 4 times since the original came out, but this time I want to do a real completionist run. So here are my goals, to make this playthrough different than past ones:

- Learn all Enemy Skills

- Get everyone's final limit break, including Aeris's

- Have at least 1 of every unique item, if possible

- Go on a date with Barret

- Max out at least 1 character (probably Cloud)

- Beat the optional WEAPON bosses

- Master my materia (as much as I can before I get sick of it)

- Do every sidequest available

- See any content I've missed on past runs

An example of that last point - when getting to Shinra HQ, I've always ran up the stairs in the past, so this time I just barged in the front entrance and caused a ruckus. Going that route, I found out there's a gift shop on the 2nd floor and a promotional video showing off Shinra motor vehicles.

I'm consulting a guide for missable items and skimming another walkthrough just to make sure I'm not overlooking anything important or interesting. For another example in the Shinra building, there is some great gear to steal from enemies near the top floor. I got a much better sword for Cloud, and armor that gives everyone a substantial defense boost for that point in the game.

I would love to hear any kind of tips / info / anecdotes that the rest of you have from your experiences with FF7. Just anything I might not know about even after going through it a few times.

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

#772 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,548 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 11:46 AM

Tip: Play IX instead.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#773 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 18,853 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:07 AM

Tip: Play IX instead.

Just play IX after and get the best of both worlds.

The music I make.

Simpsons Shizzposting

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#774 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 16,921 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:43 AM

Man I couldn't get through IX.  The first time, I got to some tree boss, used fire on it, and died.  The save point was so far back I didn't want to bother.  Then I tried again last year, on tour.  I got to some island where I had to chase down Kuja, and...just stopped caring.

I'm about ready to play FF7 again, though.  I have it on Vita for the next tour!

#775 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:17 AM

I actually have IX downloaded and plan to play it after VII. Ever since getting hooked on that scummy FF mobile game a couple of years ago, I've had the itch to get back to console FF games (X is the newest one I've played, and that was back in 2002-ish). Right now I'm going back for the familiar comfort food of the SNES / PSX FFs, and hopefully after that I'll be willing to try XII and XV; maybe even some other jrpg series I haven't touched.

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

#776 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:38 PM

For some reason I bought the PS4 port of Final Fantasy VII, so I decided to start that one up. I've probably played through FF7 at least 4 times since the original came out, but this time I want to do a real completionist run. So here are my goals, to make this playthrough different than past ones:

- Learn all Enemy Skills

- Get everyone's final limit break, including Aeris's

- Have at least 1 of every unique item, if possible

- Go on a date with Barret

- Max out at least 1 character (probably Cloud)

- Beat the optional WEAPON bosses

- Master my materia (as much as I can before I get sick of it)

- Do every sidequest available

- See any content I've missed on past runs

An example of that last point - when getting to Shinra HQ, I've always ran up the stairs in the past, so this time I just barged in the front entrance and caused a ruckus. Going that route, I found out there's a gift shop on the 2nd floor and a promotional video showing off Shinra motor vehicles.

I'm consulting a guide for missable items and skimming another walkthrough just to make sure I'm not overlooking anything important or interesting. For another example in the Shinra building, there is some great gear to steal from enemies near the top floor. I got a much better sword for Cloud, and armor that gives everyone a substantial defense boost for that point in the game.

I would love to hear any kind of tips / info / anecdotes that the rest of you have from your experiences with FF7. Just anything I might not know about even after going through it a few times.

I knew some FF discussion would be too much to ask for when everyone is in full Dragon Quest mania.

So I'm at the end of FF7, but don't want to beat it until I'm completely finished with everything I wanted to do. Here's what I've done so far:

- Acquired at least 1 of every unique materia.
- 2 full sets of Magic + Command materia mastered and formed into 2 Master Magic and 2 Master Command materia. 1 set of Master Summon as well; currently working on 2nd set (KotR requires a lot of AP).
- All enemy skills learned for all 4 Enemy Skill materia. The game gives you 4 even though you can only have a party of 3, but I built up the 4th one anyway. /shrug
- Learned all limit breaks for every character.
- Acquired all equipment and consumables AFAIK. Might have to check my inventory against a list somewhere. The best specialty gear of note include the Ziedrich armor and Tough Rings that you can steal from the Turks in multiple fights. Also the Champion Belt from the Gold Saucer battle arena.
- Bred a gold chocobo and raced it up through S rank enough times to win every unique race reward item.
- Got my main party (Cloud, Tifa, Cid) to lvl 99.

Full disclosure: I used the 3x fast forward feature of the PS4 version to make grinding quicker, and I used the W-item trick to dupe Elixirs so I could grind Magic Pots.

I think the only thing left to do is more grinding to finish mastering all my materia, and getting the rest of my characters to lvl 99. Then I'll face Emerald and Ruby WEAPON.

Another possibility is farming sources to further build everyone's stats as much as possible.

*oh yeah, I did NOT trigger the date with Barrett, even though I thought I was being sweet on him the whole time. I almost want to start a new game and try for that again.

#777 The Zen Archer

The Zen Archer

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:15 AM

I can't believe I am going to live to see the day when "Enhance!" stops being a meme.

also i DESPERATELY want this to be applied to all of the PSX final fantasy games

So you like music?

Name every band ever.

#778 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:36 PM

Now they just need to update those animations...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users