Photo

Things you just discovered about games...

561 replies to this topic

#1 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,773 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:02 PM

I was doing some Super Mario Kart time trials over the weekend, and after a particularly long power slide, I realized that I got a little boost in speed after I straightened out. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? I thought they didn't implement this feature until Mario Kart 64! I actually feel kinda dumb for playing the game pretty much since it came out, but not knowing this. DUH!

Share your "oh how did I miss THAT?" moments.

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#2 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:10 PM

There was some thread where I learned that it actually is possible to jump the flagpole in Super Mario Bros. Don't remember what it was called though.

I recently learned that there's a crazy shadow-of-a-hanging dude easter egg in Luigi's Mansion. And that Earthbound almost definitely has some abortion/childbirth overtones in the form of Giygas.

#3 travis

travis

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:14 PM

It took me until last year sometime to discover that the Gold Torizo in Super Metroid will catch your super missiles mid-air and toss them away at the ground.
hhLJkpL.png

#4 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:17 PM

Every time I've played through Silent Hill 4 I've noticed something new or different. One of the more memorable ones was the (2nd?) Apartment World, if you look up towards the sky you can notice the gorilla dudes running across the rooftops

Reminds me of this thread @ Silent Hill Heaven in regards to Silent Hill 3 about one of the enemies speaking spanish (I think it was) and no one believed it at first until they finally posted a video. Guess Silent Hill has a lot of that.

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#5 Guest_MetalBishop_*

Guest_MetalBishop_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:19 PM

just recently seen a blog or somethere where they showed that Super Mario 3 was all a play on a stage. kinda like Thousand Year Door.

#6 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,773 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:29 PM

just recently seen a blog or somethere where they showed that Super Mario 3 was all a play on a stage. kinda like Thousand Year Door.

Interesting. I mean, the title screen supports that theory, but what else?

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#7 Guest_MetalBishop_*

Guest_MetalBishop_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:30 PM

Posted Image

#8 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,773 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:33 PM

Hahahaha, oh yeah! I think you posted that once, but I enjoyed seeing it again. Definitely an "oh duh, seems so obvious now" moment.

#9 Ranger-X

Ranger-X

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,993 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:53 PM

I always thought SMG3 was a play personally, I mean, I guess I thought the curtains and the designs of the levels were pretty obvious...but, I've always been pretty astute when it comes to observations, hah.

At M7 (I think), I remember hanging in one of the suites, playing Gradius III. And I accidentally stumbled upon a secret stage. We were a bit buzzed and thought the game was glitched or something. I remember texting MegaMatt and he confirmed it was a secret stage, pretty normal. But for everyone in that room it was all like oh my gawwwwd I've been playing this game for years and never seen this!

#10 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:01 PM

I was doing some Super Mario Kart time trials over the weekend, and after a particularly long power slide, I realized that I got a little boost in speed after I straightened out. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? I thought they didn't implement this feature until Mario Kart 64! I actually feel kinda dumb for playing the game pretty much since it came out, but not knowing this. DUH!

Not as bad as me discovering at your place that the coins in Super Mario Kart actually do something. Blew my mind.
DNa7A7D.jpg

#11 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,773 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:03 PM

Not as bad as me discovering at your place that the coins in Super Mario Kart actually do something. Blew my mind.

Hahahaha, oh yeah! Which is even funnier because I was like "Oh yeah, dummy. I knew that". And then I discovered something obvious in Mario Kart not long after that.

#12 Shervz0r

Shervz0r

Shizz Z0r

• Members
  • 16,471 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:06 PM

pray tell, what do they do? Just to help bail you out when you skid off track? Do they improve your speed?

#13 Riders

Riders

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:09 PM

pray tell, what do they do? Just to help bail you out when you skid off track? Do they improve your speed?

from what i remeber you get faster after you get 10 coins
Check out my Band DARK WARRIORS

I've become a joke at this place.

#14 mercatfat

mercatfat

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:28 PM

It took me until last year sometime to discover that the Gold Torizo in Super Metroid will catch your super missiles mid-air and toss them away at the ground.

if that blew your mind, get ready for this:

Open the door to Golden Torizo's boss fight room (he should still be alive), then hold A+B+X+Y and enter. Keep these buttons held until the room finishes loading. There is a catch, however. Once you let go of the fire button, the game will freeze (due to two of the beams being incompatible, but being forcefully enabled by the code). As such, you can enter this room while in Morph Ball mode to avoid freezing the game. Or you could just be lucky on how you let go of the fire button.

This will reset your inventory to 700 Energy, 300 Reserve Energy, 100 Missiles, 20 Super Missiles, 20 Power Bombs, all beams equipped (remember to disable at least one of the bottom two), and all items except Screw Attack.

crystals.gif
N64th Street: Every N64 Game, Reviewed Eventually.
Latest Reviews (6/29): Rampage World Tour

#15 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:43 AM

Ah, here's the thread I was thinking of earlier, not quite the same thing as this one at all but related somewhat, and worth revisiting.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users