Photo

Things you just discovered about games...

561 replies to this topic

#16 Klatrymadon

Klatrymadon

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,450 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:22 AM

I always thought SMG3 was a play personally, I mean, I guess I thought the curtains and the designs of the levels were pretty obvious...but, I've always been pretty astute when it comes to observations, hah.

At M7 (I think), I remember hanging in one of the suites, playing Gradius III. And I accidentally stumbled upon a secret stage. We were a bit buzzed and thought the game was glitched or something. I remember texting MegaMatt and he confirmed it was a secret stage, pretty normal. But for everyone in that room it was all like oh my gawwwwd I've been playing this game for years and never seen this!

The bummer is that special stages in the Gradius games rarely yield anywhere near as many points as the normal stage can. Fun to find them, though!

And yeah, the SMB3 stuff is all completely overt. I'm surprised that image even exists!
You taught me language, and my profit on't / Is I know how to curse.

#17 Norrin_Radd

Norrin_Radd

The Boob Whisperer

• Members
  • 13,117 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:53 AM

It wasn't until the recent release of Mortal Kombat (9), that I learned the "Toasty" guy from Mortal Kombat 2 was actually Dan Forden, the game's (and the series) main composer.

That guy wrote some of the most prolific and menacing chord progressions on Earth. It's awesome to see him utilized in such a hilarious way.

NorrinRadd22 at gmail dot com
https://twitter.com/Norrin_Radd22
http://mattcreameraudio.com/
Matt Creamer on Facebook

#18 Alex

Alex

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:11 AM

Dude this happens to me all the time with Caddyshack.

#19 Guest_MetalBishop_*

Guest_MetalBishop_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:30 AM

I just had a discovery right now. I was playing KoF '97 on the Neo Geo. I chose Mai like i usually do, when i noticed that her boobs were bouncing. it was weird. ive never seen her boobs bounce before. so i kept playing, and executed a special move, her skirt came up and you could totally see her beaver! WTF!! IVE NEVER SEEN BEAVER IN THIS GAME BEFORE! so i kept playing, Executed one of her super moves where she flips across the screen, YOU CAN TOTALLY SEE BOOBIES AND SNATCH! I was blown away. how have i never seen this before? so i googled it. I guess because my AES is Japanese and has the Japanese bios, i am able to see T&A. it gets disables when the same game is put into an american AES. i looked for pictures or sprite sheets of these moves but couldnt com eup with something. im going to get a video capture card or something to prove i am not crazy.

#20 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:25 AM

I just learned, by reading this thread, who the 'Toasty' guy is.

But yeah, the SMB3 thing always seemed obvious to me.
So, SMB2(usa) and 3 never happened, but SMW was for real, right ?

And i had no idea that the coins made you faster in SMK, i always thought it was just to pay Lakitu for the lft.

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

#21 Kain Xiorcal

Kain Xiorcal

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:49 AM

I always thought SMG3 was a play personally,

Posted Image ?

Posted Image ?

Posted Image ???

843553.png - 843548.png - 843552.png
"Suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day it lands on its edge."
"There will be a shift in perspective, but nothing can change -- until the floodgates and the doors of perception have swung open wide ♪ "

#22 slu973

slu973

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:05 AM

I always thought SMG3 was a play personally,

Posted Image ???[/size]

I +1'd this post because of this image ONLY
blah

#23 mills

mills

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,649 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:33 AM

I just had a discovery right now. I was playing KoF '97 on the Neo Geo. I chose Mai like i usually do, when i noticed that her boobs were bouncing. it was weird. ive never seen her boobs bounce before. so i kept playing, and executed a special move, her skirt came up and you could totally see her beaver! WTF!! IVE NEVER SEEN BEAVER IN THIS GAME BEFORE! so i kept playing, Executed one of her super moves where she flips across the screen, YOU CAN TOTALLY SEE BOOBIES AND SNATCH! I was blown away. how have i never seen this before? so i googled it. I guess because my AES is Japanese and has the Japanese bios, i am able to see T&A. it gets disables when the same game is put into an american AES. i looked for pictures or sprite sheets of these moves but couldnt com eup with something. im going to get a video capture card or something to prove i am not crazy.

When I was reading this I was thinking it had to be a hack or a boot version, it would make sense considering the fact that multicarts usually do contain hacks of certain games. But the shit is from RETAIL version? That is awesome/crazy.

#24 auriplane

auriplane

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:44 AM

Posted Image ???[/size]

Posted Image

#25 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,773 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

And i had no idea that the coins made you faster in SMK, i always thought it was just to pay Lakitu for the lft.

Guys, it was in the manual for chrissake! :lol:

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#26 Dennis

Dennis

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:14 AM

Posted Image

this is awesome, and reminiscent of this, that was brought to my attention semi-recently:
Posted Image

WORLD 7 IS ALL PIPES

This was probably obvious to everyone else, but man was my mind blown when I saw this.

#27 auriplane

auriplane

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:14 AM

I didn't *just* learn this, but...

When I was little, I rented Blaster Master a bunch of times. I never made it past the boss of area five.

Then, as an adult, I actually bought a copy of the game, and I learned you could hold down both buttons to move without turning @_@;

Oh!! Here's a good one. I never knew about spinjump flying in Mario World until like two years ago. SO handy.

#28 Shervz0r

Shervz0r

Shizz Z0r

• Members
  • 16,471 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:29 AM

Guys, it was in the manual for chrissake! :lol:

Never owned a SNES, nor did my friends have the manuals lying around :P

#29 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,254 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

I didn't *just* learn this, but...

When I was little, I rented Blaster Master a bunch of times. I never made it past the boss of area five.

Then, as an adult, I actually bought a copy of the game, and I learned you could hold down both buttons to move without turning @_@;

wait are you fuckin kidding me? does that actually make the game easier? I managed to beat it a few years ago (for the first time) still without ever knowing that. they added a button for doing that in the sequel but I never knew you could do it in the original. I never owned it so I don't think I ever saw the manual.

EDIT

holy crap, I just checked it in virtual nes and it's totally true (not that I thought you were lying). you hold the grenade button to strafe. crazy

#30 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,813 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:37 AM

For the longest time, I thought the Toasty dude was saying "Whoopsie!"

Speaking of Mortal Kombat, in MK2 SNES is it normal to get a weird garbled voice when you perform the stage fatality on that acid bridge? Random, but on my copy it sounds like someone saying "agua" when it happens

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users