Photo

Things you just discovered about games...

568 replies to this topic

#31 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,232 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:05 AM

And i had no idea that the coins made you faster in SMK, i always thought it was just to pay Lakitu for the lft.

Guys, it was in the manual for chrissake! :lol:

What is this "manuel" you speak of ? Is it some sort of Portuguese person ?

:)

Despite owning 2 copies, none of them came with manuals (bought both used).

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://tibone.bandcamp.com

#32 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,344 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

I learned that Knuckles Chaotix single player does not use just Knuckles, you're always tied together with another character. Annoying.

I also learned that Burning Rangers has a character named BIG LAND MAN.

giphy.gif

#33 Zio Oxview

Zio Oxview

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:15 AM

For the longest time, I thought the Toasty dude was saying "Whoopsie!"

Speaking of Mortal Kombat, in MK2 SNES is it normal to get a weird garbled voice when you perform the stage fatality on that acid bridge? Random, but on my copy it sounds like someone saying "agua" when it happens

It is normal. I think you just hold a few buttons down while doing an uppercut.
OAGt5mr.jpg

#34 Kain Xiorcal

Kain Xiorcal

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:25 AM

Speaking of Mortal Kombat, in MK2 SNES is it normal to get a weird garbled voice when you perform the stage fatality on that acid bridge? Random, but on my copy it sounds like someone saying "agua" when it happens

hold down the down direction (and maybe High Punch) while the skeleton resurfaces the pool

WORLD 7 IS ALL PIPES
This was probably obvious to everyone else, but man was my mind blown when I saw this.

Every world had a theme, their official terms were in the ending:
http://www.vgmuseum....es/a/mario3.htm
Posted Image
shame on you for not realiJK-HAPPY-BIRTHDAY

I +1'd this post because of this image ONLY

I didn't notice the other images
843553.png - 843548.png - 843552.png
"Suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day it lands on its edge."
"There will be a shift in perspective, but nothing can change -- until the floodgates and the doors of perception have swung open wide ♪ "

#35 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

Tip for viewing "no hot link" images. Right click, copy image location and paste into the URL bar to view directly. You still see it as a hotlink warning. Now just hit Ctrl+F5 and it should refresh as the actual image.

#36 Kain Xiorcal

Kain Xiorcal

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

dhfgoiaeghdsag
"There will be a shift in perspective, but nothing can change -- until the floodgates and the doors of perception have swung open wide ♪ "

#37 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,518 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

Thanks Kain, this whole time I thought that was just random glitch in my copy

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#38 mercatfat

mercatfat

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

Earthbound almost definitely has some abortion/childbirth overtones in the form of Giygas.

you may already know this, but:

Shigesato Itoi took the inspiration for Giygas's speech in EarthBound from a traumatic childhood experience where he accidentally walked into an adult movie theater and caught a glimpse of a rape scene in the 1957 film "The Military Policeman and the Dismembered Beauty" (憲兵とバラバラ死美人 "Kenpei to Barabara Shibijin"). In actuality, there was no rape scene in this film, instead mistaken for a murder scene. Since Itoi was a child at the time, he has stated that his only memory of this experience is a bit fuzzy at best.

although he misinterpreted what was going on and it wasn't nearly as bad as he thought, it nevertheless traumatized him apparently so much he did not speak for three days.

if you google "earthbound" and "rape" you'll find a lot more, such as this:
http://earthboundcen...nspired-giygas/

crystals.gif
N64th Street: Every N64 Game, Reviewed Eventually.
Latest Reviews (6/29): Rampage World Tour

#39 Dennis

Dennis

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

hold down the down direction (and maybe High Punch) while the skeleton resurfaces the pool

WORLD 7 IS ALL PIPES
This was probably obvious to everyone else, but man was my mind blown when I saw this.

Every world had a theme, their official terms were in the ending:
http://www.vgmuseum....es/a/mario3.htm
Posted Image
shame on you for not realiJK-HAPPY-BIRTHDAY

I +1'd this post because of this image ONLY

I didn't notice the other images

You seemed to miss my point, I knew it was CALLED Pipe Maze, and all of the levels were Pipe-themed, but unlike all of the other worlds, the land itself was physically shaped like the pipes you encounter in the levels in the game! I never once noticed that (but to be fair I always hated world 7 and usually skipped right to world 8 using the flutes)

#40 Kain Xiorcal

Kain Xiorcal

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

You seemed to miss my point, I knew it was CALLED Pipe Maze, and all of the levels were Pipe-themed, but unlike all of the other worlds, the land itself was physically shaped like the pipes you encounter in the levels in the game! I never once noticed that (but to be fair I always hated world 7 and usually skipped right to world 8 using the flutes)

:o !!
Today is the gay I det owned over and over!

#41 mercatfat

mercatfat

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:34 PM

HEY GUYS

Posted Image

crystals.gif
N64th Street: Every N64 Game, Reviewed Eventually.
Latest Reviews (6/29): Rampage World Tour

#42 Classic-wolf

Classic-wolf

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:56 PM

just recently seen a blog or somethere where they showed that Super Mario 3 was all a play on a stage. kinda like Thousand Year Door.

Really?! I don't believe it! I always saw the intro and stuff, but never payed any mind to those details. I even have the Nintendo Power Guide to that game still.

I was doing some Super Mario Kart time trials over the weekend, and after a particularly long power slide, I realized that I got a little boost in speed after I straightened out. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? I thought they didn't implement this feature until Mario Kart 64! I actually feel kinda dumb for playing the game pretty much since it came out, but not knowing this. DUH!

Share your "oh how did I miss THAT?" moments.

Not as bad as me discovering at your place that the coins in Super Mario Kart actually do something. Blew my mind.

The coins actually DO something!?
WHOA!!

Tip for viewing "no hot link" images. Right click, copy image location and paste into the URL bar to view directly. You still see it as a hotlink warning. Now just hit Ctrl+F5 and it should refresh as the actual image.

WHAT!?!?
---
I recently discovered that I have MUCH Ninja Gaiden 2 experience from 5 or 6 years old, when I remembered BEATING that game.
It was Kuh-Ray-Zay when it hit me, like a flashback in color.
---
Not exactly new, but about three years ago I figured out how to do 2-in-1s on Capcom vs SNK 2 EO and SFIII:Third Strike(PS2 A.C. Version). Two years ago I learned what they were called. Ain't that some shit?
---
When the Angry Video Game Nerd did Castlevania 2, I said: "That game can be beaten?!?" I've been playing it all my life and thought it was just endless!
O.N.H.C. Put it on t-shirts, wear it, live it, love it.
Only Noobz Hit Civillians
facebook: Savage Worlds Ultra Multiverse(Especially for "JumpChain CYOA" Fans.)
discord: https://discord.gg/F958rUM
That one topic with the songs and stuff
Not my site, 'cuz I don't have one, but awesome nonetheless. Fightersgeneration.com
SoundCloud: Chris Martin 424(Electronic music, Dance Music, Classical, Rock, Chiptune, straight VGM, RetroWave, Synth, Funk, Lite, Mostly instrumental among all the genres.)

EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE

AW FEIN

Remember to *Stay Determined*!!
Magic Words to Repeat: Lla zngnieb Lief Nuhshomi Eethapmee Dnarg Tisakdaarb *Inmo*!

#43 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

I actually realized this about 18 years ago but figured it was worth sharing... With a little effort, you can plug an Atari 2600 joystick into a model 1 Genesis controller port. Since it only has one button it works great for Sonic lol :lol:

Dj5ZiPN.png

#44 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,518 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:26 PM

I actually realized this about 18 years ago but figured it was worth sharing... With a little effort, you can plug an Atari 2600 joystick into a model 1 Genesis controller port. Since it only has one button it works great for Sonic lol :lol:

Yeah, I actually did that with Sonic 2 back in the day

Did you known in TMNT 2 NES you can both grab the pizza at the same time?

Playing around with the switches on the Atari 2600 can make games glitch out. Popeye comes to mind

In Mario 2 NES, on the Clawgrip fight if you crouch in the right corner and throw the rock against the wall you can hit the boss multiple times. Time it well, you can knock him out in one hit! Also, the key will go through any unlocked door. In 1-2 for example, you can take it to the Birdo fight. Finally, in the Wart fight you can jump over him and attack him from the back

In Bayou Billy you can earn power ups for the main game in the practice stages

In TMNT 1 NES in the tight corridor on the approach to Shredder: duck whenever a air soldier approaches and he'll shoot over your head and fly offscreen

Guess this isn't really stuff I just discovered but fuck it I already typed it out

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#45 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:18 AM

you can also do the opposite and use a Genesis controller on your 2600. i was so amazed the day i discovered that

so anyway, i came here to share something i JUST LEARNED JUST NOW THIS MORNING RIGHT NOW
the scoring system in Golden Axe has always been a mystery to me. the only time you see your score in the game is when you beat it or get a game over, and it's shown as "Your Strength" and you get a rank. i just now happened to stumble upon a video that explains exactly how you get your score. i don't really play games for score anyway, but this was really interesting and finally cleared up what had been a pretty big mystery to me since childhood

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users