3861 replies to this topic

#3856 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:38 PM

honestly, don't go into the randomizer with a build in mind. You never know what you'll get so let the build evolve itself based on the items you find. Like my most recent run I found Havel's Ring, some Smough gear,  and the Giant Blacksmith's hammer early on so i said fuck it, heavy run.

Which is good because I'm having trouble deciding what to play lol. I'll let the items guide me. Really, I'll be happy as long as it's different from my other character, so hopefully I don't random into heavy stuff.

#3857 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

Ooh if you cheat like Daemon and I did, by searching your seed cheetsheet for a white soapstone early on (like undead burg) I'll do some co-op with you

astroman.gif Dj5ZiPN.png

#3858 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,517 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:41 PM

Ooh if you cheat like Daemon and I did, by searching your seed cheetsheet for a white soapstone early on (like undead burg) I'll do some co-op with you

Hey, totally not cheating so long as you're only looking for the soapstone! It does help so you don't wind up finding it in the Duke's archives or some shit.

Also, make sure you select Senile Gwynevere, it's so much better.

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#3859 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:53 PM

Alright, cool. Haven't done co-op in DS1 before ! Generated a bunch of seeds and got one where it's being sold by the Undead Merchant, so this seems nice and ideal. Sounds like there has been some concern over this item with regards to certain bugs so in the future it will probably always be with Solaire. Until then, CTRL+F it is !

And yeah Daemon, I chose Senile Gwynevere too ! Should be fun.

#3860 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

Yeah I had an issue where solaire couldn't be interacted with if I picked up the soapstone before meeting him

astroman.gif Dj5ZiPN.png

#3861 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:14 PM

Oh man this randomizer is hilarious. 

Since I didn't know what class I was going to be, I picked Deprived. I started out with a Straight Sword Hilt and nothing else lol. Needless to say, I didn't kill the Asylum Demon first go; was only doing 2 damage per hit and really really didn't want to sit there and wail on him all day, so I move on and miss out on that extra drop. Oh well. Next pick up was the Knight Shield (I think) and I found a dagger on the next. This turned out pretty great; the shield has 100% physical defense and the dagger wasn't bad at all. Killed the Demon and went to Firelink. Petrus or whateverhisnameis had some leather armor and a Helm of the Wise but didn't sell any Miracles ! YOU LIAR PETRUS ! Funny thing about Helm of the Wise is I do not remember this item, at all. Upon looking up some shit WOW HOLY SHIT HOW DID I MISS THIS GUY THE SECOND TIME AROUND !?!? I remember the Depths but GODDAMNIT I missed a bunch of shit. Just, so much. I found a normal Talisman so I'm leaning towards Cleric this time around but I guess that depends on when I find the spells. UGH THIS IS SO EXCITING I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH and this randomizer just makes everything so exciting a new and it's just great !

#3862 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:53 PM

Yeah you always start with your class starting gear and a broken sword. Then the first weapon and shield are random. Only a few items are static like the big door key and the lord souls.

astroman.gif Dj5ZiPN.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users