61 replies to this topic

#31 kareshi

kareshi

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,338 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:07 AM

I've always tried LttP blind, never watched a full playthrough. So, always got stuck and mad. Latest attempt started out bad, I was 40 minutes in before I found the right townsperson to talk to about where to find the old sage (yeah, the part before going into any dungeons.)
BUT I explored heavily after the first 2 Pendants and found stuff I never found before - a 300 rupee secret, the swimming flippers from the big Zora, the magic pond where a nice lady upgraded my shield and boomerang, the mushroom -> magic dust, and a few pieces of heart. So I'm enjoying the game finally. Heading up the mountain for the third pendant.
Reading: "Don Quixote" by Cervantes

#32 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,965 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:36 AM

So did anyone end up going to the Zelda Defenders of the Triforce puzzle escape thing? I'm curious to hear what people thought since I got roped into going on Sunday.

i actually totally forgot about it once it sold out here and oddly didn't hear anything more about it from anyone going or from local news/ events calendars where that kind of thing would normally be. i'm pretty curious to hear what it was like

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#33 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,659 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

Everyone in my group enjoyed it, although I kind of went in with low expectations. If you've ever done a room escape / puzzle room type of thing, this was basically a mass market version of one of those. There's very little in terms of production value. Basically they had up to 40-50 teams of 6 people each in one giant room. Each team spent most of the their time at their designated table solving their own puzzles. Occasionally you have to get up and visit a location decorated like Ocarina of Time to get more clues. The puzzles were pretty creative and probably a tad bit on the easier side. So basically good fun with the right group. I think most people would get more out of an actual room escape if you have good ones available in your city.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#34 kareshi

kareshi

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,338 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:31 AM

Well I'm into my second hour of looking for a way in to the swamp dungeon in LttP (blind.) I'm sure I've quit the game at this point before. Saharashalaharalara's little "Things changed in one world affect the other!" hint is CV2-level unhelpful because I'm surrounded by stuff in both worlds that I can't lift or move. I feel like there should be a second doorway in but I can't find it. I'm not asking for help, just getting mad.

#35 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:38 AM

Well I'm into my second hour of looking for a way in to the swamp dungeon in LttP (blind.) I'm sure I've quit the game at this point before. Saharashalaharalara's little "Things changed in one world affect the other!" hint is CV2-level unhelpful because I'm surrounded by stuff in both worlds that I can't lift or move. I feel like there should be a second doorway in but I can't find it. I'm not asking for help, just getting mad.

Protip: dont git mud, git gud
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#36 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,606 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:44 PM

See any symbols you recognize?

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#37 Zio Oxview

Zio Oxview

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

See any symbols you recognize?

I'm not asking for help

GOOD JOB, DAEMON. GOOD FUCKING JOB.

OAGt5mr.jpg

#38 kareshi

kareshi

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,338 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:58 PM

I got in finally, but don't know what it had to do with symbols. Just hadn't thought to push the blocks to do anything but get the small chest. Moving on.

#39 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,606 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:14 PM

We're obviously talking about different areas.

Fuck yourself in the ear, Moosevision.

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#40 kareshi

kareshi

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,338 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:29 PM

Stuck again. Trying not to quit but come on I don't have extra hours. This is why I only play games I'm already good at.

#41 kareshi

kareshi

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,338 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:22 AM

I've tried everything I can think. Can someone give me a light hint on how to access dungeon 3 in the Dark World? It's in the Lost Woods, but I keep getting blocked when I try to walk there.

#42 Nuttz the Squirrel

Nuttz the Squirrel

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:22 AM

You can walk from the pyramid to the Lost Woods if you've got the Hookshot.

If not, there's a portal in the Light World you can take that's near the Lost Woods, but you need the Hammer to reach it.

#43 kareshi

kareshi

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,338 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:46 AM

I tried looking for a new portal and walking from the mountain. Back to it, I guess.

#44 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:30 PM

Approach it from the south.

Spoiler

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

#45 kareshi

kareshi

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,338 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

All signs point to needing a better glove for lifting up dark green rocks. Should I have that yet? I can't get into the stupid town!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users