armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,697 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

http://documentarystorm.com/

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/

Documentaries are pretty grate, if you guys know any more solid documentary sites please share them.

You can watch all kinds of documentaries about crooked politics or conservation ecology which can be brutally depressing so remember to watch a good old fashioned documentary about the excellence of human civilization, nature, or quirky folk now and then.
I do not like when documentaries choose the wrong language and talk about speculation. authorities with theories at times do not like to use indeterminate language because then you wouldn't sound like an authority!

Some evil villainesque shit right here I'm about to watch.
Brian Douglas Wells (November 15, 1956 August 28, 2003) was an American pizza delivery man who was killed by a time bomb fastened to his neck, purportedly under coercion from the maker of the bomb. After he was apprehended by the police for robbing a bank, the bomb exploded. The bizarre affair was subject to much attention in the mass media.

startrekanimated_zpsolyb2v0x.gif

#2 MrBoglin

MrBoglin

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

#3 Corax

Corax

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

http://www.nfb.ca/

#4 Guest_MetalBishop_*

Guest_MetalBishop_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

http://www.fixtheministrymovie.com/
i want to see this so fucking bad. why hasn't it leaked yet?

#5 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,698 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

http://www.fixtheministrymovie.com/
i want to see this so fucking bad. why hasn't it leaked yet?

Huh, screening in Bellingham, WA. I'll be damned.

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#6 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,124 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

http://www.hulu.com/...7036/i-got-next

sgy5Biv.gif

#7 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,697 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:56 PM

Hulu doesn't like Canada!
Hulu doesn't like humanity! Alec Baldwin in Hulu superbowl commercial, TV is bad yo.

In Lies We Trust: The CIA, Hollywood and Bioterrorism
This one is a pretty big deal. MURKA is basically the fourth reich, and vaccines do carry cancer, tin foil hats on bros. I worked at an animal shelter and you can read vaccine instructions that talk about how the vaccines do indeed cause sarcomas in proximity to injection sites, but in cramped conditions many animals might expire otherwise so it is a calculated risk. How many people were adequately informed when they lined up for polio and yellow fever vaccines that they carried a risk of cancer?
Why wouldn't Barack Obama vaccinate his own children when he signed off on the CDC declaring a state of emergency over the flu when antibiotic resistant staph infection is clearly killing more people there's no emergency push to start using antibiotics responsibly, if we cut back use the economy would be de-stimulated!

It's kind of a shame that when people get MAD AS HELL about things like fluoride, crooked government or crooked medicine that get a little too alarmist.
If you deviate from the truth at all (MICHAEL MOORE YOU POS!) it detracts from the cause, it's bad form to go out on limbs or fudge shit to make stronger points, nah mean?

I love documentaries with time lapse and slow motion.
I recommend that everyone enjoy the Qatsi Trilogy, nice Philip Glass Soundtracks, don't stream it, download it, or buy it, get this in nice quality.
Koyaanisqatsi
Powaqqatsi
Naqoyqatsi

Microcosmos is a good one with lots of great footage of bugs.
http://topdocumentar...om/microcosmos/

#8 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,697 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

http://www.nfb.ca/film/what_on_earth/

What on earth! Animated short about earthlings. A classic.

#9 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,697 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:14 PM

The Lightbulb Conspiracy

Planned obsolescence, consumer fascism, BULLSHIT.

#10 ironyengine

ironyengine

Extra Dad

• Members
  • 6,942 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

Microcosmos is fucking rad. Especially the sex scene. Awesome movie.

Snowdog needs to find this thread, she's the documentalist in this relationship. We've seen some awesome ones already, and I think most recently finally got up the courage to watch Collapse. She is crazy enough to watch them in parts on Youtube too, which I cannot personally stand having to do.

Are the ...qatsi series documentaries exactly?

Take your time old man, these vultures are happy to wait... 

#11 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,697 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

As they document life on earth? ....yeeesss?

Nature documentaries without narration are nice to watch and rewatch. The Life and Planet Earth series are others that benefit greatly from high def, the narration of Oprah Winfrey is so fucking BANAL though, you can just turn it off, the descriptions are quite plain and on the third grade level.

#12 juef

juef

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:47 PM

Cry Baby: The Pedal that Rocks the World

#13 Geo

Geo

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

This Film Is Not Yet Rated was pretty informative, and kinda chilling.

I think the Foo Fighters documentary was rather good too, it starts with Dave Grohl drumming with Nirvana and follows the band up to the production of their latest (fucking awesome) record. But I obviously have a bit of a bias.
Posted Image

#14 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,304 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

In Lies We Trust: The CIA, Hollywood and Bioterrorism
This one is a pretty big deal. MURKA is basically the fourth reich, and vaccines do carry cancer, tin foil hats on bros. I worked at an animal shelter and you can read vaccine instructions that talk about how the vaccines do indeed cause sarcomas in proximity to injection sites, but in cramped conditions many animals might expire otherwise so it is a calculated risk. How many people were adequately informed when they lined up for polio and yellow fever vaccines that they carried a risk of cancer?
Why wouldn't Barack Obama vaccinate his own children when he signed off on the CDC declaring a state of emergency over the flu when antibiotic resistant staph infection is clearly killing more people there's no emergency push to start using antibiotics responsibly, if we cut back use the economy would be de-stimulated!

It's kind of a shame that when people get MAD AS HELL about things like fluoride, crooked government or crooked medicine that get a little too alarmist.
If you deviate from the truth at all (MICHAEL MOORE YOU POS!) it detracts from the cause, it's bad form to go out on limbs or fudge shit to make stronger points, nah mean?

I love documentaries but sometimes they're just a vehicle to peddle some asshole's conspiracy theory that is rife with holes, fails to fact check and doesn't even change his mind in light of existing factual information or new facts. Shit about vaccines get blown way out of proportion which ends up doing us more harm than in good in the fact that people stop getting vaccinated causing preventable and basically extinct diseases to come and cause serious harm. The damage is done with the autism is caused by vaccines bullshit, it doesn't need to be stirred up again with the outrageous (I'm sure) claim of vaccines causing cancer.

Vice is a pretty good resource on guerrilla documentaries. Their trip to Liberia was very fascinating and scary. I also enjoyed their documentary on North Korea.

#15 Corax

Corax

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:17 PM

Ah, well documentaries are as "truthful" as the people making them. It's unfortunate when they're used as propogandic vehicles, but really, that's just another facet of the construction of truth that the documentary form is.

On the subject of guerilla doc, I've really been meaning to see this:

The hardest of hardcore. When getting caught with a camera means getting shot.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users