84 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Gnartinez

Kevin Gnartinez

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

Earlier today I was listening to the Bosses and was sad that there are no good recordings of the full CV2 Medley that they did for a while from '08 to whenever they stopped doing it...and then I remembered that I had the PAX '08 DVD which has a soundboard recording of it, which I ripped for myself, and then uploaded for others to enjoy. Here it is:

(I do not know how to make that not embed, so just go to wizwars(dot)kngi(dot)org/misc/minibosses-cv2_full_live_pax_08.mp3)

This also reminded me that I used to have a fuck ton of older live material from the Bosses that is all kind of gone. I think the only rare thing I have anymore is the complete recording from Brandeis, and the soundboard recording from Magfest 2 (is that one even rare?)

Seeing as how the Bosses have always been cool about sharing bootleg stuff in the past, I'm wondering if anyone has any awesome bootleg stuff from 2000-2004 (there used to be quite a bit of it, some Modified shows and such if I remember correctly) that they can share with myself and anyone else who is fanboyish enough to care. I'll upload the Brandeis set soon, some cool rarities in that one (including Dracula's Castle from Symphony of the Night).

the artist formerly known as wizwars.

now in the night we met.

#2 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,267 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Akumu posted the whole 08 set here: http://theshizz.org/...-live-at-pax08/

Too bad the download link doesn't work anymore.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#3 Kevin Gnartinez

Kevin Gnartinez

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

I have the bootleg he posted, it's a recording done with a camcorder at the back of the hall. If I remember correctly you can even hear the friend of the guy filming it bitch about how late the show was running during Metroid.

This CV2 recording is soundboard.

now in the night we met.

#4 jmr

jmr

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,428 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:07 AM

Here's my (and Shawn's, in the case of the first half of the M10 morning set) audience recordings of the MAGFest 9 and 10 sets.
http://kngi.org/open...Minibosses.flac
I've got a couple other bootlegs on my hard drive, if no one else posts them by the time I get home I'll put 'em up.

edit: http://live.logicind...sses/27feb2010/

#5 KyleJCrb

KyleJCrb

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

Here's all the live bootleg stuff I have, including full M2 and M3 recordings (and Jenova Project at M3): http://kngi.org/priv...ibosseslive.rar
VGM Webcasts: Nitro Game Injection on Sundays, 5PM ET & GameFuel on Saturdays, 9PM ET
Listen on Arecibo Radio | Website | iTunes

#6 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Judge Dredd, Motherfucker

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,245 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Posted Image

what do you want

huh1.gif

#7 Riders

Riders

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Posted Image

what do you want

is that rygar the ful version or just that 2-3 minute clip of one song thats not part of the medley?

also is the magfest 4 one with all of the borat banter, if it is, i would like that one again i lost it some time ago
Check out my Band DARK WARRIORS

I've become a joke at this place.

#8 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

• Banned
  • 25,245 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

that rygar is the old version that starts with aaron saying 'deja vu?'. probably from brandeis? the magfest 4 is my minidisc recording, from either the far back of the room (where the board was), or from where we had merch. sounds like maybe its merch side. though with that recording i dunno if they ever copped a better source for it? if they did get a better source, maybe i should ask for it and mix the two because this really sounds like a 'rear room' mix, lots of reverb, not the best quality, lots of noise from people around the board. ill talk to brendan about that

huh1.gif

#9 Riders

Riders

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

mayb eht eone im thinking about is a magfest 3, the same concert had a temp sound solutions which i absolutly loved, you played the snow song from mother, thats the ony thing i can think of, also faxanadu comes to mind.

i'd actually like that too, there was a lot from that concert i had, i think the complete audio, wavetheory was also on there cant remeber anything else at the time.
Check out my Band DARK WARRIORS

I've become a joke at this place.

#10 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

• Banned
  • 25,245 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

there used to be an archive of that whole magfest live recordings online but i seem to be not able to find it at all now..

is where the earthbound is, but since that archive seems to be gone, im uploading the rest of that set to that dir,
http://tempsoundsolu...mp3/( AFX 79 )/ is where it is and the rest of it'll be up in i guess about a half an hour or so. i'll see if i can track down that mb's set, talk to some ppl in #magfest and see if a source for mag 4 ever got done.

huh1.gif

#11 Kevin Gnartinez

Kevin Gnartinez

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

I have the complete Magfest 3 sets in ogg format, all one track (but the MP3 versions floating around have in between song banter removed, these contain all banter).

Shawn, I'd actually really like all that Bosses stuff haha, what say you about uploading it? At least all of the Modified stuff for sure...I'll upload Brandeis too...maybe we can create sort of an online archive of Minibosses bootlegs?

Here's what I have (some of this stuff has been posted here):
Complete Brandeis
M2
M3 (both Jenova and MB)
PAX '07 (Soundboard)
PAX '08 (Audience)
PAX '08 (Soundboard)
10th Anniversary (both Jenova and MB)
...I think that's it.

OH, and I have Last Hurrah on a CD-R somewhere but if I'm not mistaken the version that was uploaded WAY back in the day is incomplete anyway...

now in the night we met.

#12 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

• Banned
  • 25,245 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

those .ogg sets are probably brendans rips i'd think. but yeah, as long as aaron or somebody says its ok i'll do it, i just want confirmation from em. maybe i can try cleaning em up a little bit too, if people want a certain set and come to a consensus of what they want the most first i can work on it.

that tss m3 set is uploaded there now, its mp3s and tagged. and man i forgot i used to play werewolf out, sounds like theres 8 guitars right there

huh1.gif

#13 Kevin Gnartinez

Kevin Gnartinez

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

My personal preference is always for non cleaned up bootlegs, that however is just me :)

now in the night we met.

#14 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,835 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

gimmie all dem Brandies.

toopunk2lose.png

#15 Kevin Gnartinez

Kevin Gnartinez

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

Uploading Brandeis now. Pretty cool set from the early early days of the Bosses, lots of covers (VG, Kyuss, Failure, maybe some other stuff) and the originals from the ST album as well. 23 tracks.

Here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/mxn93o

now in the night we met.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users