joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,458 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:36 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=_E17Z_tF5n4

when and where is that?

If i remember correctly this was at some Comic store in AZ. (edit) Yes, It was live at Meltdown Comics around 2007, or even earlier. The live videos from this are some of my favorites of the Minibosses.

Meltdown is in SF

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#32 mills

mills

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,641 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:38 PM

Who else likes to pause live Minibosses videos and spot Shizzies in the crowd?

#33 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 8,458 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:16 PM

i love that at shows in general, there was a b+w video of CONVERGE a few weeks ago where my giant white skull was clearly visible jumping around, pretty funny

FOLLOW NOW

#34 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

I'm gonna have to download all of this when I get home!

i love that at shows in general, there was a b+w video of CONVERGE a few weeks ago where my giant white skull was clearly visible jumping around, pretty funny

Weren't you at an Arsis show several years ago at the Rhythm Room? I remember being approached by someone who recognized me from the Shizz but I don't think I recognized who that person was at the time.

#35 universal_justin

universal_justin

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

when and where is that?

If i remember correctly this was at some Comic store in AZ. (edit) Yes, It was live at Meltdown Comics around 2007, or even earlier. The live videos from this are some of my favorites of the Minibosses.

Meltdown is in SF

I filmed these back in 2003, if anyone has the whole day's worth of videos, please drop me a link, cause I dont have any copies and I sent the bosses the original mini dv tapes. 

I remember edging in front of the super pro TechTV guys shots and feeling cool about it.  I had my friend Chance hold up the other camera in the back, I thought it turned out pretty good for just using the microphones on the camera.  We drove all the way from the Yosemite area for that show.  It's a really cool memory for us.

They played another set that night nearby at a place called Top Gear? Top Fuel? Something like that.  Would love to see that again too.  I had to use a Sony Handicam with nightshot cause it was pitch black.  They played an awesome Rygar medley I had never heard until then.  I remember I had just turned 18, it was a bar, I don't know how I got in.  I'm pretty sure I acted like I was loading equipment or something.  I remember I couldnt hang out after the show cause I was underage, which bummed me out.  I had them autograph a nintendo shirt for me and went home.  I would later get Symphony X to sign the same shirt years later for some reason.  It still has the original blood and sweat stains on it too.

quartercirclejab.bandcamp.com - VGM Cover Band

goodrich.bandcamp.com - Synthwave

#36 3ngag3

3ngag3

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,245 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:57 PM

when and where is that?

Meltdown is in SF

There's a Meltdown in L.A. as well and I know this because it's where I saw The Minibosses for the first time. They played in the parking lot and next door was a fire station and some of the firefighters climbed to the roof and cheered them on.

3fb.png

Use 800 gigabytes of samples, I give approximately 0 gigafucks.

Where does Mario poop in the airship? Behind his chair? In Cappy?

#37 streifig

streifig

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:49 AM

Since it's already up on my server: 
MAGFest 9 (2011) - Audience recording from the back of the room: http://www.chromelod...e at MAGFest 9/

The last run through of Excite Bike in the second batch (track 9) might be my favorite 25 seconds out of everything I've ever seen / heard the bosses play.

Downloaded immediately to my work computer and listening right now.

It should be labeled Minibosses ft. THESHIZZ

marshallart.bandcamp.com
chiptune/post-rock, orange guitar, Russian-Canadian

soundcloud.com/lovebotsmsk
indie pop, orange guitar, Russian

#38 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:13 AM

when and where is that?

Meltdown is in SF

There's a Meltdown in L.A. as well and I know this because it's where I saw The Minibosses for the first time. They played in the parking lot and next door was a fire station and some of the firefighters climbed to the roof and cheered them on.

I remember the videos of that show! Between songs Burke points up at the roof and enthusiastically shouts about how some dude's on a roof watching them, lol

tumblr_l0w3iatftU1qzylvvo1_400.gifPopful_Mail_(Sega_CD)_34.gif

#39 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 8,458 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:23 AM

I'm gonna have to download all of this when I get home!

Weren't you at an Arsis show several years ago at the Rhythm Room? I remember being approached by someone who recognized me from the Shizz but I don't think I recognized who that person was at the time.

i think the only metal show i ever went to at RR was ROTTEN SOUND and i don't remember if ARSIS played? either way it wouldn't have been me since i didn't know what you looked like until last summer

FOLLOW NOW

#40 universal_justin

universal_justin

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:26 PM

when and where is that?

Meltdown is in SF

I remember the videos of that show! Between songs Burke points up at the roof and enthusiastically shouts about how some dude's on a roof watching them, lol

The videos are from the LA Meltdown show.

Burke says something like "That guy's sleeveless!"

quartercirclejab.bandcamp.com - VGM Cover Band

goodrich.bandcamp.com - Synthwave

#41 mills

mills

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,641 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:25 PM

This one might be very rare, dont know how many times they have performed this.

here is Dr Mario by The  Minibosses. 

#42 Kevin Gnartinez

Kevin Gnartinez

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:15 PM

This one might be very rare, dont know how many times they have performed this.

here is Dr Mario by The  Minibosses. 

I was at that show! It was a fun one. Homeroom was a neat space, I seem to remember some dude in a Batman shirt getting his nose busted in the pit at that show and trying to keep going while blood was running down his face onto his shirt. A cool math rock band duo called The Littlest Viking opened, and they were amazing. Also, that was my favorite era of the band. They were playing exceptionally tight, and Jeff was a really good second guitarist. They also debuted quite a bit of new stuff with this line up. I remember thinking around then that it really felt like they were a super active band again.

Oh, this was my wife's first Minibosses show too. I think she had fun.

the artist formerly known as wizwars.

now in the night we met.

#43 jmr

jmr

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:53 PM

That Dr Mario video reminds me I need to dig out my recordings from MAG10 again. I don't think they sounded as good as my audio from 9 did (and I missed out on the first part of the first set and had to patch it with shawn's recording) but they're probably still worth putting online again since my original uploads are now long gone.

#44 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:56 AM

What was the name of that shaggy dude who was briefly in the band? The one in the Dr. Mario video above?

EDIT: nvm saw his name in Kevin's post!

Sloppiest Miniboss ever was probably Fred, but I love every Miniboss lol

tumblr_l0w3iatftU1qzylvvo1_400.gifPopful_Mail_(Sega_CD)_34.gif

#45 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:14 AM

when and where is that?

Meltdown is in SF

I filmed these back in 2003, if anyone has the whole day's worth of videos, please drop me a link, cause I dont have any copies and I sent the bosses the original mini dv tapes. 

I remember edging in front of the super pro TechTV guys shots and feeling cool about it.  I had my friend Chance hold up the other camera in the back, I thought it turned out pretty good for just using the microphones on the camera.  We drove all the way from the Yosemite area for that show.  It's a really cool memory for us.

They played another set that night nearby at a place called Top Gear? Top Fuel? Something like that.  Would love to see that again too.  I had to use a Sony Handicam with nightshot cause it was pitch black.  They played an awesome Rygar medley I had never heard until then.  I remember I had just turned 18, it was a bar, I don't know how I got in.  I'm pretty sure I acted like I was loading equipment or something.  I remember I couldnt hang out after the show cause I was underage, which bummed me out.  I had them autograph a nintendo shirt for me and went home.  I would later get Symphony X to sign the same shirt years later for some reason.  It still has the original blood and sweat stains on it too.

since we seem to be at the point in time where the Minibosses are an historical artifact more than an active band... here's a kinda neat wired article from back in the day, I think it must've been that tour to go to techtv, or right around there...article is from '04..

also, does anyone have better vid of the first time they played bionic commando and zelda 2 at paper heart? i have some from a crappy cheap digicam, but would be cool to see better vid of that show or other shows around that time..

https://www.wired.co...04/02/miniboss/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users