84 replies to this topic

#76 Kevin Gnartinez

Kevin Gnartinez

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

they played at a pinball thing i was at on friday and it was the 'real' songs, not the loungey/jazzy, it was weird to see them in a place where nobody seemed to care that much? also they have keyboards now?? hey, i got to see CV2 while i waited for the tournament to move along so that was ok

Did Woodman leave the band? I've seen pics of the band recently and either Matt looks way different, or no longer plays with them. Love the guy, but to be honest he was never that great of a drummer. Makes me think of Homer Simpson's quote about Grand Funk Railroad, "...the competent drumming of ________?!?!"

This is absolute horseshit. I saw Minibosses live probably 20 times from '07 - '15 and he's the only member (past or present) that I can honestly say I've never heard make a serious mistake on stage. He isn't flashy, but his style always fit their style.

the artist formerly known as wizwars.

now in the night we met.

#77 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,406 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:28 PM

Haha wtf, woodman is/was an awesome drummer. I know I have an early post on here somewhere where I'm gushing about how he added to the vgm when that wasn't really a thing.

banner.png

#78 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,334 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:26 AM

they played at a pinball thing i was at on friday and it was the 'real' songs, not the loungey/jazzy, it was weird to see them in a place where nobody seemed to care that much? also they have keyboards now?? hey, i got to see CV2 while i waited for the tournament to move along so that was ok

Did Woodman leave the band? I've seen pics of the band recently and either Matt looks way different, or no longer plays with them. Love the guy, but to be honest he was never that great of a drummer. Makes me think of Homer Simpson's quote about Grand Funk Railroad, "...the competent drumming of ________?!?!"

This is absolute horseshit. I saw Minibosses live probably 20 times from '07 - '15 and he's the only member (past or present) that I can honestly say I've never heard make a serious mistake on stage. He isn't flashy, but his style always fit their style.

Well there was that screw up and awkward moment at the 10th anniversary show (I'm pretty sure it was that show)

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING
A random assortment of music set to a Winamp visualizer over at my YouNow page - most nights around midnight PST

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me @LowPursuit and @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Everywhere else

#79 matsunami

matsunami

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,190 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:34 AM

Woody is the best drummer you could ask for.  He plays in the pocket and to the music.  There is absolutely no need for too much flash in this kind of music because it can overshadow everything else.  Good NES music works perfectly in unison with all 4 sound channels (or more with VRC6 and 7).

UAV3t1p.png

#80 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:31 PM

Oh I didn't think Woody was a bad drummer to any degree, I just thought his drumming was kinda unremarkable... suppose I just have been tainted by more modern VGM bands. Still love Wood's drumming on the OG version of the MM2 medley very much

tumblr_l0w3iatftU1qzylvvo1_400.gifPopful_Mail_(Sega_CD)_34.gif

#81 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,039 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:52 AM

i think shawn and erich are like the best drummers ever

we're so spoiled

sgy5Biv.gif

#82 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,509 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:44 AM

I think he’s good!

Different bands call for different drummers and he fits minibosses sound very well.

Spencer and Bit Brigade Mike are my two favs tho.

eKawlATs.jpg

#83 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:33 AM

i think shawn and erich are like the best drummers ever

we're so spoiled

Lars-sad-future-735x413.jpg
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#84 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:42 AM

Mike from Bit Brigade is the best

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#85 Ranger

Ranger

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:34 PM

Don't forget Kevin from Metroid Metal.  I think Woody fit the MBs sound well though.  Unremarkable might be a good way to put it, but I always thought it was pointedly so, to try and give it more of that NES sound.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users