112 replies to this topic

#1 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,484 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

Thread inspired by talk of Simon's Theme in the Castlevania thread, and how it would be cool to have a song like that for oneself.

So, what would you pick for your own personal theme song? And let's keep it videogame music related, in the spirit of this board. Give a brief explanation and post a youtube/whatever link if you can.

Mine:

Because it gets me pumped up. Super pumped up. Like I can beat the world. Which would be good if you're in a video game (although that doesn't necessarily have to be your criteria for choosing). Basically this song makes me go Super Saiyan.

(ps- I searched and found a thread similar to this in existence, but it was made by Reggie and that guy doesn't post here anymore so f that)

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#2 Lucavi00

Lucavi00

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Because it's wacky, like me.

I bet if I had ridiculous drums mixed with 8 bit tunage following me everyday I'd be hated pretty much immediately.

d9KBm.jpg5oqBT.jpg

#3 LuketheXjesse

LuketheXjesse

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

Same reasons as Eric.

tumblr_n074bwaG7G1soiz10o1_500.gif

#4 Prince Uf Darkness

Prince Uf Darkness

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

I have the toastiest buns around town.

#5 Leonidus

Leonidus

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

Hard to choose man, and really good idea.

My theme is probably Space Harrier

Because to me it sounds like i fits in a few different situations which i enjoy in my life: awesome opening, great fun, triumphant struggle/comeback, and peaceful victorious ending.

It starts off with a bang and tries to be great from the beginning, which I like to do. It's a very joyous almost the entire time, just like me. The down parts though set up the good return of the theme, and anyone who plays games with me knows comeback victories are my specialty. The entire song could still be used as an ending movie or credits theme, because it carries a triumphant theme throughout. That part is probably the most important: I've always wanted to kind of "win at life and listen to the ending music for the rest of it" you know. One of my goals in life is to save someone's life, because after that you can just be cool with yourself forever, no matter what happens. I also would like to do well enough to retire early (who wouldn't) so that I can finally have time to do the shit I want.

So space harrier is a pretty good fit.
Pimps don't commit suicide

#6 Gwarth

Gwarth

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:23 AM

The shinobi! I wouldn't be surprised if this is Matsunami's theme song also, Lol! :D

:ph34r:

"Joe motherfucking Montana and the goddamn motherfucking San Francisco Forty-fucking-Niners!" - Eric Dude

#7 Josiah Tobin

Josiah Tobin

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:31 AM

Music that'd follow me around? Hmm. I'd want something that could chase away any potential anxiety and stress, so probably something relaxing and a little mysterious. Wouldn't mind this one:

...Or maybe Wind Scene, or Secret of The Forest (most RPG forest music, really). I suppose Chrono Trigger is a pretty 'obvious' soundtrack to choose from, but there are so many songs in there that affect me in just the right quiet, calming kind of way, which I like.

Or, y'know, the entire Myst soundtrack, but I doubt I'd be able to pick one song and I'm sure I've gone on about that music quite enough by now. :)

#8 Ashane

Ashane

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,160 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

This song gets me in the fuckin' zone. :)

#9 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,496 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

The whole soundtrack is so goddamn good. One of my favorites for sure.

toopunk2lose.png

#10 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:58 AM

I always wanted this to be my theme song :

It's a beautiful song, a gret song all togheter, and it makes me feel nostalgic for my childhood.
But more important i think i would want this to be my theme, because the song have this soothing, calm, feeling, but something about it (probably the fact that is almost always followed by Magical Sound Shower), makes me feel like it's about to unleash something fierce in the world, without doing it, just a badass song. :)

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://www.patreon.com/tibone - PATREON

http://tibone.bandcamp.com - MUSIC

http://www.youtube.com/tibonev/ - VIDEOS

http://www.classicgames.com.br/ - GAMES AND OTHER CODING STUFF

http://x68k.classicgames.com.br/ - X68k AMAZEBALLS MUSIC.

#11 weener

weener

Shizz Gawd

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,937 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

When I'm depressed:

When I'm not depressed:

"This thing is vibrating like a $50 milkshake!"

#12 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:05 AM

eric dude, if you like this idea, i will make a thread. i just didn't want to take away from this fine one you have made!

proposal: we make this a shizz music project.

the idea would be that participants would choose other shizzies and make a theme for them.

the only restrictions would be that the song has to sound like it could be in a game,
and it has to be created for this project.

•duplicate shizzies from multiple people are allowed, eg if the final product has 4 norrin radd's themes, so be it.

•rare shizzies are encouraged to write about

•traditional game sounds are encouraged because of my personal taste lol, but anything goes

•this is not the theme song tag along project. the majority of the songs should not be lyrical pieces talking about the shizzie in question. the reference piece is simon's theme. use music to tell the story of this shizzie, unless you have lyrics that are just too damn funny to pass up.

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

My Music Here.  My Drug Blog vagmusic  NES-VHS                GkgBElO.png

#13 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Shizz Boss

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,791 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

When I'm feeling determined:

Most other occasions:

Posted Image

#14 thecreeper

thecreeper

Frank Beer, Defender of the Polyverse

• Members
  • 14,874 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

this, forever

music face, like a dying frankenstein, his jaw becomes dislodged....see the profile of him, the profile of shame

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 Brandon Strader

Brandon Strader

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

Because... It's sad, yet triumphant at times, and mostly restrained, not "bombastic" in a ridiculously outgoing way.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users