#16 Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

Posted Image

Coruscant first appeared in the Expanded Universe and was called such for the first time in Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire in 1991. Coruscant wasn't seen on screen until the 1997 Special Edition release of Return of the Jedi, and then later appeared in the prequel trilogy. Coruscant is therefore one of the few EU elements that made its way in to the films.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_C-canon_elements_in_the_films

Also: The Prequels didn't retcon much of worth from the stuff that came out prior to TPM anyway. And what retcons exist, are mostly fairly minor affairs. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Retcon

So i'd say there is still a LARGE amount of story that can be drawn from. And I doubt they can come up with anything on their own that is anywhere near as good as the Thrawn Trilogy. Or any of the other 50+ some odd novels out there that expand the story beyond ROTJ.

The point I was making is that the original trilogy is good not because of the universe it's in, but because of the characters and the personal nature of the story.

The prequels showed what the Star Wars story, by itself and without an actual soul, looks like. All the bureaucracy, all the politics, none of that stuff matters to anyone.

#17 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,894 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

Sounds good to me. Let's do this.

toopunk2lose.png

#18 Chernabogue

Chernabogue

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

The future is here.

Posted Image

I'm gonna get out of this thread before Simon Belmont destroys your shit forever.

VV3 here: tinyurl.com/VV3OCR

#19 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,501 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

Lego Star Wars: Kingdom Hearts

In before urvile ejaculates!

In my defense, I've spent all of maybe an hour with the LEGO franchise :P

Seems like the Square/Disney mashups possibilities are endless now. Crossing my fingers for my dream team: Darth Vader, Gizmoduck, the Bubble Bobble dinos, Deadpool, and Metal Slime

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#20 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,334 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

Posted Image

giphy.gif

#21 LuketheXjesse

LuketheXjesse

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:12 AM

Posted Image

tumblr_n074bwaG7G1soiz10o1_500.gif

#22 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

WAIT A MINUTE! Just thought of something, does this mean that Disney also owns all the Lucasarts properties?
If so, I support Pixar (not sure if they're still connected to Disney) making a Monkey Island movie.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#23 streifig

streifig

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

WAIT A MINUTE! Just thought of something, does this mean that Disney also owns all the Lucasarts properties?
If so, I support Pixar (not sure if they're still connected to Disney) making a Monkey Island movie.

There is such movie by Disney. It's called "Pirates of the Carribean"
marshallart.bandcamp.com
chiptune/post-rock, orange guitar, Russian-Canadian

soundcloud.com/lovebotsmsk
indie pop, orange guitar, Russian

#24 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

...You fight like a dairy farmer.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#25 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

Yes, from what I understand, they own it all. So Indiana Jones among other things.

Okay. This could be good. The Original Trilogy will always be the Original and George Lucas got to finish up his merchandise-millions (I imagine he still retains the rights to the merchandise, by the way, which coupled with the backing of Disney would mean a holy-shit level of royalties). Now, there can be some fresh blood to take on a series which (as Expanded Universe fans can attest) has been begging for true expansion for decades.

Actually, for FOUR BILLION... I'm pretty sure Lucas had to give up everything. I mean holy shit, that's a a big chunk of cash.

I don't know, are there more specific details on him retaining any rights? They said he would consult on Episode 7, but that may be a courtesy and political move rather than part of the contract.

#26 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

Pixar Maniac Mansion, please?

pretty, pretty, pretty please?

At least Pixar's Day of the Tentacle, right?
At least!

Also, i'm not sure how i feel about SW7.
I mean.. it's really necessary?

But then again, the SW universe, is a cluster fuck of side-stories.
Between all the novels, movies and games..
I kinda wish for a new and decent sw movie. But, some commenters on slashdot are mentioning a reboot.
Which, if happens is going to be too lame..
too fucking lame.

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://tibone.bandcamp.com

#27 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:26 AM

Yes, from what I understand, they own it all. So Indiana Jones among other things.

Okay. This could be good. The Original Trilogy will always be the Original and George Lucas got to finish up his merchandise-millions (I imagine he still retains the rights to the merchandise, by the way, which coupled with the backing of Disney would mean a holy-shit level of royalties). Now, there can be some fresh blood to take on a series which (as Expanded Universe fans can attest) has been begging for true expansion for decades.

Actually, for FOUR BILLION... I'm pretty sure Lucas had to give up everything. I mean holy shit, that's a a big chunk of cash.

I don't know, are there more specific details on him retaining any rights? They said he would consult on Episode 7, but that may be a courtesy and political move rather than part of the contract.

Yup, writing a check for FOUR BILLION was the price Lucas would accept to STFU. They'll give him a token "creative consultant" title and make him sit in the corner. These francises are no longer his toys, and I believe this also makes the live action TV show that he said he had 100 hours worth of scripts written for (bullshit) dead in the water.

And, as for a reboot, please no. Just tell a new story with new characters. You have a whole damn universe to play with.

icing bag style.

#28 Magicalyardgnome

Magicalyardgnome

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,431 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

I got too burned by the prequels to get too excited, but if someone other than Lucas is writing it at least has some chance of being good.
Posted Image

#29 Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

Best.

Also, I definitely had that idea this morning about Monkey Island. Or at least the states of any of their video games.

But technically, who owns Monkey Island now? Didn't Telltale do some sort of Monkey Island games? Were they just licensing it out? Were those games even any good?
Posted Image

I think at max length it made it to my nipples.

#30 streifig

streifig

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

Best.

Also, I definitely had that idea this morning about Monkey Island. Or at least the states of any of their video games.

But technically, who owns Monkey Island now? Didn't Telltale do some sort of Monkey Island games? Were they just licensing it out? Were those games even any good?

The rights belong to LucasArts, i.e. to LucasFilm. Also, you guys fight like a cow.
marshallart.bandcamp.com
chiptune/post-rock, orange guitar, Russian-Canadian

soundcloud.com/lovebotsmsk
indie pop, orange guitar, Russian

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users