1160 replies to this topic

#31 Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

A fun quote from George Lucas a few years back, after an inquiry about the state of Star Wars films after he dies:

"I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII–IX. That's because there isn't any story."

:lol:
Posted Image

I think at max length it made it to my nipples.

#32 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

A fun quote from George Lucas a few years back, after an inquiry about the state of Star Wars films after he dies:

"I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII–IX. That's because there isn't any story."

:lol:

in other words "i'll have integrity over my dead body"

Spoiler

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

My Music Here.  My Drug Blog vagmusic  NES-VHS                GkgBElO.png

#33 mercatfat

mercatfat

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

WAIT A MINUTE! Just thought of something, does this mean that Disney also owns all the Lucasarts properties?
If so, I support Pixar (not sure if they're still connected to Disney) making a Monkey Island movie.

There is such movie by Disney. It's called "Pirates of the Carribean"

...You fight like a dairy farmer.

Best.

Also, I definitely had that idea this morning about Monkey Island. Or at least the states of any of their video games.

But technically, who owns Monkey Island now? Didn't Telltale do some sort of Monkey Island games? Were they just licensing it out? Were those games even any good?

yes, as Streifg pointed out, the rights were merely licensed to Telltale. Lucasarts has had some odd moments of clarity where they've been cool with licensing their properties- such as the Scumm games that ended up on Steam, and the MI1+2 remakes. Probably would have continued to happen were Lucasarts not hiring and firing their Presidents on practically a monthly basis for the last couple of yars. My biggest hope with this merger is that Disney will stabilize things there a bit and get things like Grim Fandango and Tie Fighter CD a proper re-release via Steam, GoG, or both.

the Tales of Monkey Island games were really pretty damn good, though, to answer that question. they didn't disappoint me in the least, other than the expected Telltale asset recycling.

crystals.gif
N64th Street: Every N64 Game, Reviewed Eventually.
Latest Reviews (6/29): Rampage World Tour

#34 Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

Asset recycling?

To be honest, I've never played any of their games. But I am intrigued by Monkey Island, Back to the Future, and King's Quest (which I think isn't out yet?). This winter I definitely have to get in on those.

I have a friend who has never played any Monkey Island... would he need to in order to play the Telltale Monkey Island?
Posted Image

I think at max length it made it to my nipples.

#35 mercatfat

mercatfat

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

Asset recycling?

To be honest, I've never played any of their games. But I am intrigued by Monkey Island, Back to the Future, and King's Quest (which I think isn't out yet?). This winter I definitely have to get in on those.

I have a friend who has never played any Monkey Island... would he need to in order to play the Telltale Monkey Island?

asset recycling= the use and frequent reuse of character models, as one example. given their release schedule and budget, it's pretty much a necessity.

and yes, he could just play the Tales games. but he really should play the SE's of the first two games first. the context will increase enjoyment significantly.

the best Telltale games are the Sam and Max games, though. The third season in particular was incredible, though I wouldn't recommend it as a starting point necessarily.

EDIT:
perhaps worth mentioning that you can get Sam and Max Season 3 currently for $5.38 or so as part of a Halloween indie bundle right now:

http://www.indieroyale.com/

if you've at least played Hit the Road or have some familiarity with S&M, you should definitely consider getting it. it builds on a lot of the second season, though, so i still recommend playing that first if you're cool with just reading a synopsis of the first season. the first season is good, but the budget (or lack thereof) definitely is pretty obvious, and it feels comparatively a bit on the amateur side.

crystals.gif
N64th Street: Every N64 Game, Reviewed Eventually.
Latest Reviews (6/29): Rampage World Tour

#36 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,077 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

I heard Telltale's Walking Dead is pretty damn good as well. Should pick it up, it's $15 on Steam right now.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#37 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

I heard Telltale's Walking Dead is pretty damn good as well. Should pick it up, it's $15 on Steam right now.

Some of the best storytelling in a game I've experienced in a long time. I highly recommend.

#38 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,672 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

C'MON DISNEY GIMME DAT THAWN TRILOGY

eKawlATs.jpg

#39 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,077 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

Sorry, doesn't sound like it:
http://www.ign.com/a...25fb0b674000087

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#40 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

That's a really good idea!

Aw man, shot down SO FAST.

#41 Ripplin

Ripplin

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

For Star Wars fanedit lovers like me and Frink, this is potentially a very bad thing...

#42 Bonkers

Bonkers

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

That's a really good idea!

Aw man, shot down SO FAST.

That's it. Star Wars may be dead to me now.

Why adapt what's already written for you (And is what probably thousands of people want) when you can do whatever the hell you want in the name of "Creative freedom"?
Yeah who cares if you totally toss aside 21+ years of story! It didn't matter anyway, it was just dumb novels that no one cared about!Posted Image

Star Wars Episode VII has already been in development for several months as of the Disney–Lucasfilm merger. Lucas has written the story treatments for each of the three upcoming films. According to Kennedy, the development team is currently in the process of sitting down with writers to discuss story ideas

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_VII

Oh yeah, Story ideas eh? You people are fucking nuts! You already have story set out for you! All you had to do was fuckin make the damn movie! /Ruined forever!

Damn it, now I feel like creating a petition as to WHY they shouldn't go all "It's gonna be original!"
bonker2s.gifPSYMAN

#43 Lucavi00

Lucavi00

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

Bonkers, take a breath.

The Star Wars name was already cast in a negative light because of what EAWare did with SWTOR.

I'm sure Disney cannot do any worse.

d9KBm.jpg5oqBT.jpg

#44 Bonkers

Bonkers

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

I over reacted a bit. Ugh, just knowing so little information other than "It's an original story!" is frustrating. (Especially since there are stories that many people actually want made into films.)

I could care less about TOR MMMO honestly. I've never been able to get into the Old Republic stuff by Bioware and etc.

They could still make an original story and not step on the toes of the EU somehow.

This post sums it up best I think
http://boards.thefor...3#post-50127564
bonker2s.gifPSYMAN

#45 streifig

streifig

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

Asset recycling?

asset recycling= the use and frequent reuse of character models, as one example. given their release schedule and budget, it's pretty much a necessity.

and yes, he could just play the Tales games. but he really should play the SE's of the first two games first. the context will increase enjoyment significantly.

the best Telltale games are the Sam and Max games, though. The third season in particular was incredible, though I wouldn't recommend it as a starting point necessarily.

EDIT:
perhaps worth mentioning that you can get Sam and Max Season 3 currently for $5.38 or so as part of a Halloween indie bundle right now:

http://www.indieroyale.com/

if you've at least played Hit the Road or have some familiarity with S&M, you should definitely consider getting it. it builds on a lot of the second season, though, so i still recommend playing that first if you're cool with just reading a synopsis of the first season. the first season is good, but the budget (or lack thereof) definitely is pretty obvious, and it feels comparatively a bit on the amateur side.

Story and dialogue wise the first season is amazing. I mean the graphics are pretty basic, but we don't play p'n'c adventures for the picture, right? The part when Sam and Max are in the virtual world, how on earth is it amateurish writing?

As for the season 3, it's the best game of 2010 (yeah, fuck you, ME2)
marshallart.bandcamp.com
chiptune/post-rock, orange guitar, Russian-Canadian

soundcloud.com/lovebotsmsk
indie pop, orange guitar, Russian

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users