55 replies to this topic

#1 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,433 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

I guess the game leaked from some retailers a few days ago, but I'm gonna wait and pick it up after work Tuesday. Have the next two days off strangely enough, so I plan on plowing through it and posting my thoughts. Hopefully it doesn't suck. Really curious what the Prometheus connection will be, if any. Or if they even address the Space Jockeys outside of a level taking place in the Derelict. Stay tuned

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me @LowPursuit and @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Everywhere else

#2 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

I enjoy shitty aliens games, so even if it's not great I'm still going to pick it up. Two days to finish dead space 3...

#3 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 18,573 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

I really hope it doesn't completely suck. A few issues here and there I won't mind, but if it's not fun that'll just be awful. I've wanted a game like this for a long time, got my fingers crossed.

The music I make.

Simpsons Shizzposting

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#4 thecreeper

thecreeper

Frank Beer, Defender of the Polyverse

• Members
  • 15,099 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Hopefully it doesn't suck

welp

i212wUcwcU0eE.gif?802b89

music face, like a dying frankenstein, his jaw becomes dislodged....see the profile of him, the profile of shame

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 matsunami

matsunami

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

On the bright side, one less thing we need to spend money on :)

UAV3t1p.png

#6 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

I've spent more time playing this game over the last week than I care to admit, and I can completely confirm that it is indeed awful. If it weren't for the connection to the movie series I'd have given up already. Honestly though, I'm starting to lose my drive to find out how the game ends because of the boring, sloppy gameplay, so yeah...

#7 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 18,573 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

Well shit, fuck it, then.

The music I make.

Simpsons Shizzposting

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#8 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

I've actually payed 0 attention to this game. Is it a typical FPS? Something more? Inquiring minds that don't want to Google it want to know!

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#9 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Yup, it's a generic FPS. No gimmicks whatsoever. You play a Space Marine sent with a unit to find out what happened to the unit from Aliens (the movie) and you end up uncovering this whole thing with Weyland Yutani. It's really poorly written and there's nothing interesting going on. If it hadn't been so long since I've seen the movies I doubt my attention would have lasted as long as it has. I think you guys are better off just revisiting the first and second film. 

#10 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

So does GearBox have a shitty games rescue team where 3 guys finish the shitty game they bought from some other developer without making any improvements to it whatsoever?

#11 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,433 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Well that wasn't the thing I wanted to read right before popping the disk in my xbox . I'll still keep an open mind 

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

#12 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,200 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Apparently you can beat the game (or some levels) without firing a shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5WwV9YoW_U

This game has been getting bad reviews all around. I kinda wanted to play it too. Maybe when it's hella cheap on Steam.

#13 Kilu

Kilu

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Took a while to sink in, but Space Balls.

panic-dance.gif
This is no place for a horse.

#14 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,433 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

To people having trouble redeeming their Aliens: Colonial Marines pre-order bonuses, check out the following link:

http://forums.gearbo...d.php?p=3680324

EDIT: I guess I can't redeem one of them until I sign up for Gold. Whatevs 

----------------------------------

EDIT: So the opening cutscene... not impressed. It looks fine, but the lip sync is about non-existent. Not to mention they didn't do the typical fade-in of the Aliens logo. [/nitpick]

EDIT: This guy is giving chest compressions... to the floor :headinhands:  Another guy is doing the Peter Griffin knee thing lol

Great job Gearbox. I can forgive some glitches and whatnot, but my god man. I'm not even 5 minutes into the game. 

EDIT: I already knew this going in, but I'm don't understand why Ripley and company didn't take Bishop's legs with them. Or why they didn't get sucked into space. Yeah yeah I know, easter eggs and all that [/nitpick]

EDIT: More nitpicking. Hicks and Vasquez have multiple lockers?

EDIT: Found what's left of the egg from Alien 3 and... my dude makes no comment. I can't even seem to damage it

EDIT: Doesn't take long to find some real evidence of the xenomorphs. Time to whip out the spoiler tags soon

EDIT: My first encounter was tense. As soon as you have a co-op buddy though, the game becomes somewhat comical. Really a piss poor job of setting the mood.

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#15 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

940cd4ab_Tx6e4Ik.gif

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users