Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

Motion.jpg
It looks like Turok N64!
177448-turok-dinosaur-hunter-nintendo-64

Demo doesn't look pre-rendered . Just looks like they changed it all or it was built for PC like that and then they baked all the lighting in and dumbed it down for consoles and then decided to use that as the base for PC.
bonker2s.gifPSYMAN

#33 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Here may be (legitimate or illegitimate) insight into what happened to this game:

http://www.reddit.co...t_at_the_final/

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#34 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,255 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

This kind of reminds me of the whole Silent Hill HD Collection debacle, to a lesser degree

I'm not done with it yet, but it's not a total train wreck. Actually been having a good time with it after the horrible beginning. Maybe it's because I'm playing on an old LCD monitor at the moment, but graphics are fine. I think people are being a tad harsh, but I guess Gearbox brought that upon themselves to some degree 

Well back to it

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING
A random assortment of music set to a Winamp visualizer over at my YouNow page - most nights around midnight PST

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me @LowPursuit and @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Everywhere else

#35 Kilu

Kilu

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Here may be (legitimate or illegitimate) insight into what happened to this game:

http://www.reddit.co...t_at_the_final/

I just saw this (and was going to post it here as well), it's pretty interesting how these things happen.

Sounds very plausible.

panic-dance.gif
This is no place for a horse.

#36 WilliamTheBard

WilliamTheBard

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,207 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

I just think it's ridiculous that given how great a movie Aliens is and how well the concept could work into a video game, the games so far haven't lived up to it. AvsP 2 is decent, but beyond that they all seem pretty bargain-bin to me.

#37 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

I'm bitter that the Obsidian Alien RPG was cancelled in favor of this...

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#38 mercatfat

mercatfat

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

I just think it's ridiculous that given how great a movie Aliens is and how well the concept could work into a video game, the games so far haven't lived up to it. AvsP 2 is decent, but beyond that they all seem pretty bargain-bin to me.

are you talking purely Aliens, no Predator involved?

crystals.gif
N64th Street: Every N64 Game, Reviewed Eventually.
Latest Reviews (6/29): Rampage World Tour

#39 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,255 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Of course as soon as I have something nice to say, then it throws a bunch of humans at ya. These sections are god awful, and don't even feel like part of the universe anyways 

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING
A random assortment of music set to a Winamp visualizer over at my YouNow page - most nights around midnight PST

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me @LowPursuit and @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Everywhere else

#40 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Alien 3 on the SNES is actually a good, or better than good, game.  It's got the weapons, multiple aliens and missions inspired from Aliens but in the setting of Alien 3.  It's challenging and controls well and though mission types repeat, the new level layouts and enemy patterns keep the challenge escalating.  The atmosphere is excellent.  It had a pretty cool mechanical innovation as well that I'm not sure any other 2D game has done: bullets traveled instantly to the target like in modern 3D shooters.

#41 mercatfat

mercatfat

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Alien 3 on the SNES is actually a good, or better than good, game.  It's got the weapons, multiple aliens and missions inspired from Aliens but in the setting of Alien 3.  It's challenging and controls well and though mission types repeat, the new level layouts and enemy patterns keep the challenge escalating.  The atmosphere is excellent.  It had a pretty cool mechanical innovation as well that I'm not sure any other 2D game has done: bullets traveled instantly to the target like in modern 3D shooters.

also good:

albeit not super faithful to the source.

RE: 2D bullets and instantly travelling- Earthworm Jim comes to mind.

crystals.gif
N64th Street: Every N64 Game, Reviewed Eventually.
Latest Reviews (6/29): Rampage World Tour

#42 WilliamTheBard

WilliamTheBard

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,207 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Ah, forgot about Alien 3 on the SNES. I recall it being OK but haven't played it in a really long time. Maybe I'll give it another go.

#43 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

BTW, this thread made me want to watch the movies again. And lo and behold, the Alien Anthology Blu-Ray set is on sale fro $23.XX at Amazon. Sold!

icing bag style.

#44 Shervz0r

Shervz0r

Shizz Z0r

• Members
  • 16,465 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Someone stream alien 3 on twitch! I loved the game but never got anywhere in it as a kid because I would get too scared, hah!

#45 JKT

JKT

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Been reading consumer reviews of this while at work:

The AI is kind of like watching my girlfriend try to play Halo for the first time, but the problem here is I wouldn't ever pay her 60 plus dollars to watch her fumble around the screen running into walls or headlong into intense gunfire.

:lol:

I love that people still make games this bad.

Posted Image

i told creeper yesterday i want to go on a bender and play this all fucked up while covered in vibrating 360 controllers.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users