Photo

The XBox One (not to be confused with the first XBox)

8th generation Xbox Console

632 replies to this topic

#31 Classic-wolf

Classic-wolf

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

I'm so happy there are so many 360 games I have yet to play that I can avoid this shit entirely.

Me too.
Finally got one.
OF COURSE it's the same week as the announcement for the "next gen"....

You'll all be changing your tune when it's announced Dark Souls II is only on next-gen consoles.

And Ridiculo-NABULOUS PCs with new Hi-Res GRAPHX CARDS!!
imagesCARN8UFH.jpg

EDIT:
Daemon: Naw', it'll still be a big pile of what the fuck, just easier to manage at that point.
O.N.H.C. Put it on t-shirts, wear it, live it, love it.
Only Noobz Hit Civillians
facebook: Savage Worlds Ultra Multiverse(Especially for "JumpChain CYOA" Fans.)
discord: https://discord.gg/F958rUM
That one topic with the songs and stuff
Not my site, 'cuz I don't have one, but awesome nonetheless. Fightersgeneration.com
SoundCloud: Chris Martin 424(Electronic music, Dance Music, Classical, Rock, Chiptune, straight VGM, RetroWave, Synth, Funk, Lite, Mostly instrumental among all the genres.)

EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE

AW FEIN

Remember to *Stay Determined*!!
Magic Words to Repeat: Lla zngnieb Lief Nuhshomi Eethapmee Dnarg Tisakdaarb *Inmo*!

#32 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

Also, I love the "our studios are investing MILLIONS to bring to you a WHOLE NEW EXPERIENCE, games as YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE". Proceeds to present Forza Motorsport 5, FIFA-MADDEN-NBA-MLB-whatever 2014 and Call of Duty 10.

Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#33 matsunami

matsunami

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

As much as we all hated the PS4 and Xbox One events, I think we need to chill out until we (hopefully) see some games at E3.  That is ultimately what keeps us going as gamers after all.  My Wii U has been collecting dust from lack of anything.  That's what happens with launches these days.  The good stuff will be here in a few years.  Look out how amazing the 3DS is now.

UAV3t1p.png

#34 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,382 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

That reminds me, I should really be paying more attention to my 3DS.  Needs more love. 

For one thing, I don't have to yell at it or furiously wave my arms in the air in order to get it to do things.

giphy.gif

#35 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,080 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

After Nintendo's offering, and the two conferences by Sony and Microsoft, this completely feels like an unnecessary generational jump. I see very little from the PS4 and Xbox One that I can do on them that I can't do on the PS3 or Xbox 360.

And, am I the only one that thought the graphics on the COD game was, maybe, slightly better than the COD released last year?

Hell, I just got into Battlefield 3 on my mid-range PC (and it was mid-range 2 years ago) and it looked better than what we were seeing.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#36 Nario

Nario

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,294 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

Microsoft will probably go the route PS4 is going with the backwards compatibility issue by enabling it through a streaming cloud service.

Maybe. Interestingly enough, in the article that you posted, it had this to say:

But while Sony is promising that PlayStation 4 users will indeed be able to play PlayStation 3 games at some point, by streaming them from the cloud, Microsoft is not promising any such thing for Xbox One. When we specifically asked Whitten whether the company had any streaming option or download option for existing Xbox 360 games for the Xbox One, he confirmed that there was no such thing in the works at Microsoft.

#37 mercatfat

mercatfat

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

After Nintendo's offering, and the two conferences by Sony and Microsoft, this completely feels like an unnecessary generational jump. I see very little from the PS4 and Xbox One that I can do on them that I can't do on the PS3 or Xbox 360.

And, am I the only one that thought the graphics on the COD game was, maybe, slightly better than the COD released last year?

Hell, I just got into Battlefield 3 on my mid-range PC (and it was mid-range 2 years ago) and it looked better than what we were seeing.

well, yeah, late-generation console games usually tend to look fairly close to the graphics from the previous generation. or, at least, launch titles rarely show off the power of the system even close to what it's capable of. the first statement is going to obviously be more true as the leaps in graphical fidelity become less and less obvious, though.

also, I believe lot of launch titles still start their development during the previous generation, which generally isn't going to help either.

you already know this, i'm sure.

crystals.gif
N64th Street: Every N64 Game, Reviewed Eventually.
Latest Reviews (6/29): Rampage World Tour

#38 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,080 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

I do, but there was always a much bigger gap between graphics. Just look at COD 2 on the original Xbox and the one on Xbox 360 -- that was quite a noticeable jump. And, of course future generation of games after the initial launch will be more impressive looking.

I was blown away the first time I saw the PS2 in action at the reveal.  I was blown away the first time I saw the Xbox 360 and the PS3 in action at the reveals. I am incredibly underwhelmed with what I am seeing with the PS4 and Xbox One.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#39 Pumpkin King

Pumpkin King

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

So... they're blocking used games? Ugh.

Is the PS4 doing the same?

#40 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,240 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

Look at the last Splinter Cell on the Xbox... and Doom 3.  They were doing some pretty slick stuff at the end, but an A/B comparison on actual hardware showed that the fanciest Xbox stuff was lo-fi compared to the 360.  So to start the 720 games will be cleaner and a bit more detailed and with better frame rates.  The mind blowing stuff won't happen until it's been out for a year or two.

#41 Moldilox

Moldilox

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,798 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

I don't care about the concept of "used games," but I'm bummed that they're basically trying to kill the idea of borrowing amongst friends. What makes games that much different from other media like books and movies, which should be shared experiences? Dumb.

Read my comic: BIG DUMB FIGHTING IDIOTS!

#42 mercatfat

mercatfat

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

I do, but there was always a much bigger gap between graphics. Just look at COD 2 on the original Xbox and the one on Xbox 360 -- that was quite a noticeable jump. And, of course future generation of games after the initial launch will be more impressive looking.

hence the caveat. other generations have been increasingly less of leaps and bounds. the last one was a non-plural leap and a bound, this one is just going to be a bound. there's only so far that you can push photorealism until you reach diminishing returns... at least, that the average human eye can/will perceive.

crystals.gif
N64th Street: Every N64 Game, Reviewed Eventually.
Latest Reviews (6/29): Rampage World Tour

#43 cacomistle

cacomistle

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

well, it was worse than i expected, which was pretty bad.

#44 Disquisitor Sam

Disquisitor Sam

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

I'll say this about the next gen consoles, and it seems like the only offering of substance any of them have made known:

Developers seem pretty excited over the PS4 and the input they have for the dev tools. It's not really something that the user would get excited about, but it's definitely a factor for the kinds of games and quantity of developers that the PS4 could potentially have.

Now if game developers could actually develop an imagination and figure out why their games are so wrong, it might even be worth something.

Disquisitor Sam on Twitter <3

#45 Lucavi00

Lucavi00

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

porking, that may be due to you using your pc for gaming more and more. we all know that games come out more on console but they look better on PCs simply due to console hardware restrictions. if I were to make a guess on xb1s specs and place it into a tier using bf3 as a reference point, id say it would play at medium-high settings. its a decent mid tier pcish set up which isn't bad by any means. I really wanted to get a new gen for mgs and ff games but since kojima recently announced mgr for pc then mgs5 may come out on pc too. now to get squuenix to port ff games to the pc

d9KBm.jpg5oqBT.jpg

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 8th generation, Xbox, Console

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users