#16 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:19 AM

thanks for the note!

so working on the new album is getting put on hold until i move now. which should be fairly soon! have to spend my time packing but now the summer is like kicking in and people are doing all this rad stuff. 

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

My Music Here.  My Drug Blog vagmusic  NES-VHS                GkgBElO.png

#17 theDude.

theDude.

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

hi yes hello  ryan wear u move to

Edit: I keep meaning to check this out but the guvment blocks bandcamp here.

#18 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

oh im moving to a 1 bedroom closer to my work. im done with my commute and i wanna save money. ill be way closer to bmo city and 95

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

#19 thecreeper

thecreeper

Frank Beer, Defender of the Polyverse

• Members
  • 15,146 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:22 AM

will there be followups in the form of Grey Hulk, Savage Hulk, Mr. Fix-It Hulk, Red Hulk, She Hulk, Red She Hulk, Skaar Son of Hulk, Rick Jones as A-Bomb Hulk, or possibly Maestro Hulk?

I broke down and watched Showgirls. Can anyone help me.

#20 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

i am really excited for you too see the album cover when it comes out

#21 travis

travis

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

This totally sounds like it belongs on one of those Asian movies you guys always show me when I come to Baltimore. IMO Sleep For Sale is your best song on this. Daymare is pretty killer, too.

Also, I know you were going for a lo-fi sound, but seriously TURN OFF THAT F-ING KICK DRUM COMPRESSOR ON TRACK 2 GODDAMNIT THAT'S TOO MUCH PUMPING okay I'm done. Great job, dude!

hhLJkpL.png

#22 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,382 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

If anything it should be heavier.

giphy.gif

#23 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

:lol:  oh i know

when i heard how horrible that pumping got on track 2 i just had to leave it.

pretty much every song on this thing is funny to me in some way. this is my funny album lol - songs that would taint my upcoming serious album. 

thanks for the note on SFS. its a cover that sounds nothing like the original bands version. i wish they would have acknowledged it!

im going crazy not working on the next one. im moving across town and i packed up my studio! so i havent made anything for like 2 weeks and i have like 2 weeks to go. GOING CRAZY

#24 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:51 AM

i can't sit on this anymore.

who would like a promo code for a huge special treat?

#25 Rocquero

Rocquero

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:55 AM

gimme

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, albums, diy, release

0 user(s) are reading this topic