2380 replies to this topic

#1 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

Just curious what people have been playing of late? I've been thinking about some shizz sessions (maybe this weekend?) or at least just general video game chat.

I've gotten fully sucked into my friend's hexxit modded Minecraft survival server. It brings about a million new things to it, including crafting rare gear, taking on dungeons/castles and a bunch of new blocks. I've always been a sucker for survival MC but this brings it to a whole new level. Sadly there are only like 4 active players.

I still look at Dark Souls and think 'man I should play that' but then I log in and get stuck or don't want to re-cover the same ground over and over again given the limited time I've had of late.

Still have Mark of the Ninja and State of Decay on the backburner.. Both kind of require me to be in a ninja or zombie mood and that hasn't struck me of late.

Next week this time - SHADOWRUN.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#2 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

- I restarted Borderlands 2 last weekend after buying all the DLC during the Summer Sale and realizing I never beat it the first time. I'm around level 18 right now.

- I played and finished The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC last night. Really need some more Walking Dead (game, not the show) in my life.

- I bought Mark of the Ninja the other day but have yet to play it. I may check it out tonight

- I've been playing Rayman: Origins on the Vita and Rogue Legacy on the pc off and on

- Oh, one more, I bought Fez last week and played it for a few hours. Will not continue. While it's pretty unique, the game is a bit too cryptic for my tastes.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#3 mercatfat

mercatfat

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

I've mostly been playing Borderlands 2 lately, much to my enjoyment.

for those of us with it on Xbox, especially those of us who got it in that sale, we should get something going tonight maybe. 

crystals.gif
N64th Street: Every N64 Game, Reviewed Eventually.
Latest Reviews (6/29): Rampage World Tour

#4 Klatrymadon

Klatrymadon

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,446 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Ginga Force and DoDonPachi Saidaioujou (both highly recommended), mainly. I really want to get back into Dark Souls and finish it off, soon. I've got about half of the game to go, I think, and the DLC, too.

Edit: oh, and I've been playing Dariusburst on the night shifts at work. I'm still trying to beat some of the later 'mission mode' challenges, which are difficult because they involve completing several stages followed by several boss fights, on a single life and with no shield top-ups after your first one runs out. Great Thing is a fucking hard cunt, as ever.
You taught me language, and my profit on't / Is I know how to curse.

#5 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

Dark Souls PVP and fucking around in Skate 3 are endless fun for me, have been playing them ever since I got 360 at the end of 2011.

Been chipping away at Dragon Quest 8 for nearly a year, and am decently far into another playthrough of Lunar 2.

What I WISH I was playing, however, is Shin Megami Tensei IV. Looks so baller    <3_<3    gonna need me a 3DS!

tumblr_l0w3iatftU1qzylvvo1_400.gifPopful_Mail_(Sega_CD)_34.gif

#6 Sam

Sam

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,997 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

Just beat Oracle of Seasons earlier this week.

Percy and I have been working on the Green Stars in Mario Galaxy 2.  Got them all, and I'm now working on The Perfect Run of the Grandmaster Galaxy.  This might take a while.  Fortunately, my son loves Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi, so we're having a good time even if I die a lot.

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

you will die of sodium poisoning before you ever take me with enough grains of salt.

Perhaps the same can be said of all birth control. But enough posting- have at you!

#7 arise_shine

arise_shine

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

Xbox: MLB2K12

Ipad: SolForge, Magic 2014

um ... I think that's it? I'm boring.

Landscape.png
My personal blog.

My MTG blog.
"The sun has left the sky, now you can close your eyes, leave all the world behind until tomorrow." (Latimer/Bardens)

"So shall it be written, so shall it be done, came the warning from the prophet..." (Davis/Davis)

#8 Paragon

Paragon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,314 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

New Vegas with as many mods as will work.  They make the game crash or not run a lot, but when you hit the sweet spot, it's neat.  A lot of new weapons, some new locations, perks, etc.

#9 Leonidus

Leonidus

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

RPG - Been playing a lot of New Vegas too actually.  Though this second playthrough has a lot less mods because I am really trying to avoid the savegame size limit now.  I just betrayed the republic by assassinating the president.  Going for independant New Vegas, and even though killing the president doesn't help, I like to think it does.

Strategy / RPG - On battle 12 in Warsong on genesis, thanks to Merc for helping me mod my original xbox after all these years.

Strategy / RPG - Still playing hon with the shizzies, just had a game with pingo for the first time in forever.  Love playin with that guy.

RPG - Playing Betrayal at Krondor from time to time, because it's the best game ever for just having a drink and going on an adventure. (DOSBOX FUCK YEAH)

Strategy / Space / Adventure - Just beat Alien Legacy, another old dos game, for the first time in years.  It has city building (space colony building!), combat against the aliens, science and discovery, planet exploration, and an adventure style figure-out-wtf-happened-to-the-last-group-of-colonists-which-was-supposed-to-fucking-be-alive-here story.  And it does all of this well, amazingly.

Strategy / Space - Masters of Orion 2, trying out the Very Difficult Choices mod.

RPG / Space / Flight Sim (the best genre ever called space sim) - Evochron Mercenary, a beautiful space game.  Trying to figure out more to do, just made a good many millions of credits and got a decent ship.  You can actually land on each planet and drift to any system, there doesn't need to be any loading screens in the entire universe, which is unbelievable.

Pimps don't commit suicide

#10 mercatfat

mercatfat

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

re: New Vegas, especially since so many here (and people i know elsewhere) seem to be replaying it.

has anyone here ever done a low-INT run of New Vegas? it's not as fun as FO2 low-INT, sure, but it's still rad. worth trying as a second (or third or fourth) playthrough.

for maximum fun, i'd recommend that you start with a STR of 8 (aug to 10) and a LUK of 10. and only use meleĆ© weapons, preferably something like the Shiskebab. everyone that you meet will crumble (or melt) from all the crits. it's amazing.

full disclosure: the only mods i used were Perk Every Level (casual run, but also because it is more fun) and No Degradation (because i don't like how the mechanic is implemented).

crystals.gif
N64th Street: Every N64 Game, Reviewed Eventually.
Latest Reviews (6/29): Rampage World Tour

#11 MetalBishop

MetalBishop

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,470 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

I've played the shit out of FO3 and NV on Xbox. Just bought them on Steam. Now I can play with all these mods I've been seeing for years on reddit.

streetcleaner.bandcamp.com

#12 Kilu

Kilu

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

I finished Remember Me for the second time today.

And I'm about to start Witcher 2 on PC for reals, mainly because someone finally fixed the awful foliage lod with a mod. It was was really bugging me before, even in the tutorial area.
panic-dance.gif
This is no place for a horse.

#13 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

Witcher is something I've been meaning to try, someday. I'm a sucker for good fantasy action RPGs.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#14 MetalBishop

MetalBishop

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,470 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

streetcleaner.bandcamp.com

#15 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

I was thinking of starting this up again. Bought all the DLC for about a buck during the sale and am getting the itch to start it over.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music AND video games, state of theshizz gaming, old people with no time, xblah, actually just watching stream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users