2489 replies to this topic

#2476 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,959 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:54 AM

Picked up Yakuza 0 not too long ago, loving it so far.  Solid beat-em-up kinda gameplay, and it's got a really nice, oddly seamless blend between the main story being all super serious and the sidequests and minigames ranging from kinda silly to comedic gold.

Also Dragon Ball FighterZ has been my go-to fighty game since it came out, but I really wish Bandai-Namco would stop basking in their own hype long enough to fix some of the barely functional online matchmaking stuff, like Ring Matches.

no rooms found

sgy5Biv.gif

#2477 Paragon

Paragon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:32 AM

I beat the 2013 reboot of Tomb Raider.  I liked it overall!  Lara's characterization was really good -- she's capable, but not at all used to the situations she's put into, so she freaks out but still gets it done.  I think the part that cinched it for me was when she climbed up that narrow crevasse by bracing herself against either side, but she really had to talk herself up first to boost her confidence/calm herself down.  Like, that's some Ninja Warrior level shit, and she didn't even train for it, so of course she's worried she can't do it -- but she has to do it, so she fuckin GETS IT DONE.

Also loved the bow + arrow sniping.

#2478 matsunami

matsunami

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,161 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:00 AM

I'm almost done with Celeste on Switch and I love it.  The controls are extremely tight and I'm digging the story.

UAV3t1p.png

#2479 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

Finally getting around to playing Phoenix Wright. Having a pretty great time with it so far. Tina has 4 or 5 more of them on the shelf, I might just play the whole series.

I might get kicked out of Steel Samurai for saying this but...

Spoiler

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png
PC Game Metal

#2480 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,150 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:33 PM

Going crazy downloading emulators, think I may start working on Final Fantasy II PSP, I had started that right before I got sick. I finished Contra after about 60 deaths lol. I'm thinking about maybe trying Castlevania NES next, now that I know to use holy water on Death heh

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Visit http://lowpursuit.simplesite.com for my various internet hangouts

#2481 Sam

Sam

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,024 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:47 PM

Finally getting around to playing Phoenix Wright. Having a pretty great time with it so far. Tina has 4 or 5 more of them on the shelf, I might just play the whole series.

Highly recommended.  There's not a bad game in the bunch.

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

you will die of sodium poisoning before you ever take me with enough grains of salt.

Perhaps the same can be said of all birth control. But enough posting- have at you!

#2482 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:36 AM

I really want to be playing Dead Cells, but my ps3 controller is not jiving with it.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#2483 mills

mills

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,627 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:40 AM

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth

#2484 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:37 AM

And once you finish the entire series, you can legally practice law in any state!

#2485 Kilu

Kilu

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:12 PM

I've been playing a bunch of Final Fantasy 12 on PC lately. Up to cave palace now. The turbo feature really is quite nice to power through some of the longer travel sections like the Tchita Uplands.

The Zodiac job system is kind of a more significant change than I expected too.

I also didn't expect there to be any new music, so that was a nice surprise as well.
panic-dance.gif
This is no place for a horse.

#2486 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:36 PM

And once you finish the entire series, you can legally practice law in any state!

Kinda like Trauma Center. Very useful.
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#2487 Sam

Sam

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,024 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:31 PM

Yeah, I still haven't picked up Spirits of Justice, so I'm stuck with just my Illinois license for now.

you will die of sodium poisoning before you ever take me with enough grains of salt.

Perhaps the same can be said of all birth control. But enough posting- have at you!

#2488 Kilu

Kilu

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:43 PM

I played a little bit of that Metal Gear Survive beta that's running right now. It's dense as hell. Menus after menus and a billion different resources.
Seems to play as well as MGSV did.

I don't give a shit about the multiplayer stuff at all and since that's what the beta is, I won't touch it any more than that, but I'm weirdly interested in the single player campaign.
panic-dance.gif
This is no place for a horse.

#2489 Disposable Hero

Disposable Hero

Dimensional Shambling Troll / True Dew Casual

• Members
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:57 PM

Holy shit I finally put Skyrim to bed. I started a playthrough a couple of years ago and just got bored once I hit around level 30. The impact perk for destruction spells trivializes a lot of the base game content. Though I was only playing on normal, but hey. I'm not playing a good old fashioned CRPG for the challenge. Gimme dat lore and immersion. Decided it was time to clear it off the backlog. Crazy enough, this is the first Elder Scrolls game I've finished since Arena. I played a lot of Daggerfall and Oblivion but never finished them. I have yet to play Morrowind, which I know is a cardinal sin. Maybe one day.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics of my party. 

My PC is on the left in her tricked out dragonscale armor (top tier enchants, etc). Meet Brianna, Breton sorcerer - the Last Dragonborn. With her is her trusty and loyal companion Inigo in the dragonbone armor. And Lydia I guess....looking appropriately disinterested.

Spoiler

Here's a shot of Brianna on her spooky horse during the Dawnguard DLC.

Spoiler

Loved the game for the most part. Besides getting bored, I think I quit because the scenery was just fucking drab, overall. I'm not very fond of winter in general, and since the game takes place in the northern most province of Tamriel, the entire game takes place in a grey, snowy, soggy backdrop. Kind of a bummer, but a good game to play during winter IRL I guess. I much preferred the more vibrant and wooded landscapes of Cyrodiil in Oblivion. I also find Ayleid Ruins far more interesting than Nordic Tombs filled with Draugr. Main questlines were ok, but the DLC was pretty great. The game has been out for a long time now, but if you haven't played it and are a fan of the ES series, it's good and worth the time. I spent ~125 hours finishing all the main questlines in the base game (Companions, College of Winterhold, Bard's College, Civil War, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, main quest), most of the daedric quests, some regional major storylines, and all of the DLC. 

Put some South in yer mouth.

#2490 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:31 AM

I really want to be playing Dead Cells, but my ps3 controller is not jiving with it.

Finally got this working and the game seems pretty awesome so far. Big question is how fatigued I get with it - I got about halfway through Rogue Legacy before I was just exhausted of the starting area.

Still, controls, gameplay, music and art are all really nice in this.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music AND video games, state of theshizz gaming, old people with no time, xblah, actually just watching stream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users