2707 replies to this topic

#2701 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:02 PM

I'm on my second playthrough of fallout 4.
I wouldn't have delved into the wasteland again while the weather gets nice except I had a motorcycle crash so I had a week where I could barely move.
Playing an unarmed weapons only run, trying to avoid collecting scrap for building except for firearms, disarming the wasteland... its futile. RNG drops insane legendary firearms only once you commit to not using them it seems.
I'm trying to remember where important items are this time around because I think Ill do one third and final playthrough on survival mode some day.

startrekanimated_zpsolyb2v0x.gif

#2702 Ranger

Ranger

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:48 AM

I started playing Armored Core the other night. Really enjoying it so far. I love how grim/typical From the plot is. I always assumed they were just kinda plotless mech games, (right now the story isn’t too far in the foreground) but the overall themes and atmosphere of a post apocalyptic anarcho-capitalist hellscape ruled entirely by corporations is so heavy. Earlier my only two mission choices were the kill squatters or strikers. Woof.

The controls are actually very similar to King’s Field, so it’d definitely feel weird if I wasn’t already very familiar with using the shoulder buttons to strafe and look up/down. I can already tell that there’s a lot to master in terms of mobility as I hardly ever am able to use the booster effectively. The game holds up tho!

One of the missions had me fighting a gang or cult or something called “Dark Soul” that had stolen some tanks so that’s rad.

Man this makes me want to go back through the originals. If you like it that much, definitely play the PS2 games. Each iteration adds and changes things, with AC3 being the best IMO. (I would say Silent Line, but the plot and overall feel of AC3 is just so good. Last Raven is better than both in a lot of ways, but damn is it frustratingly difficult at times.)

AC2 you get additions like overboost (short burst of speed which drains energy rapidly), and customization goes to a whole different level, being able to equip internal parts which do things like jam radar or improve turning speed. AC3 you get that, plus the introduction of heat weapons requiring putting more thought into heat management. It also changes the end game...hard to explain, but let's just say that when you first beat the game, you have incentive to keep going.

Oh, I'd suggest using a guide for all of them, if only to get the secret parts. It's not necessary but some of those parts REALLY help and make the games more enjoyable, for me at least.

#2703 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,038 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:07 AM

I decided to continue FinalFantasy-a-thon with the GBA version of 4, since the original translation and some of the fan translations are kinda funky on their own. I'm only about an hour and some change in so far, so I don't have any real feelings on it yet.

toopunk2lose.png

#2704 Papahoodwinker

Papahoodwinker

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:46 AM

I started Tales of Vesperia on the Switch, I'm enjoying it so far like one enjoys a drunken Jack in the Box run. Has flaws, but it's a good time. I really need to finish Tropical Freeze. And Persona 5. And fifty other things. 

birthdaytheband.bandcamp.com

#2705 angry_polar_bear

angry_polar_bear

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 12:17 PM

I played Tales of Vesperia on Xbox 360 a few years ago, at my boyfriend’s insistence. I initially thought it was going to be too “anime” for me but I really got into it. It’s huuuuge. There’s a lot of fun to be had figuring out and maximizing your combat abilities, and there were a lot of genuinely challenging fights that required careful tactics. I think the only thing that really bugged me was that there was missable stuff that you could basically only get by reading a guide because otherwise you’d have to pretty much backtrack through the entire game every time you made any progress to see if anything changed.

When I am finally able to get dogs, I kind of want to name the second one Repede... the first one will be called Frisket, obvs.

#2706 kareshi

kareshi

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,654 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:19 PM

I decided to continue FinalFantasy-a-thon with the GBA version of 4, since the original translation and some of the fan translations are kinda funky on their own. I'm only about an hour and some change in so far, so I don't have any real feelings on it yet.

keep us updated! I love 4.
Reading: "Don Quixote" by Cervantes

#2707 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,038 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 03:09 PM

keep us updated! I love 4.

Of course!  I've never played this in any capacity, so I'm curious to see how it stands up.

toopunk2lose.png

#2708 Papahoodwinker

Papahoodwinker

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:53 PM

I played Tales of Vesperia on Xbox 360 a few years ago, at my boyfriend’s insistence. I initially thought it was going to be too “anime” for me but I really got into it. It’s huuuuge. There’s a lot of fun to be had figuring out and maximizing your combat abilities, and there were a lot of genuinely challenging fights that required careful tactics. I think the only thing that really bugged me was that there was missable stuff that you could basically only get by reading a guide because otherwise you’d have to pretty much backtrack through the entire game every time you made any progress to see if anything changed.

When I am finally able to get dogs, I kind of want to name the second one Repede... the first one will be called Frisket, obvs.

My only big gripe so far is the dungeon layouts, but I'm also less than ten hours in so I don't have much to go off of. Really digging the combat, and I always enjoy the skits in Tales games. I also thought it would be just a bit too JRPG for me (and that's a hard threshold to cross), but I'm not disappointed in the purchase. 

birthdaytheband.bandcamp.com

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music AND video games, state of theshizz gaming, old people with no time, xblah, actually just watching stream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users