2806 replies to this topic

#2716 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,381 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:05 AM

Phantasy Star is like the Star Trek movies - the even ones are the good ones.

There's lot of hate for 3. But i like the whole generation idea/mechanic. The game can feel a bit repetitive, but it's interesting. At least is less grindy than 2. But 4 is the best, no question.

i really like the first, but that's probably because of the nostalgic value it holds to me. Because overall it is grindy as fuck.

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

#2717 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,772 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:48 AM

It definitely involves a lot of grinding but at least the battles go by pretty fast and the random battle rng seems pretty fair for a game this old. It also cracks me up that apparently any humanoid enemy you can avoid fighting by just talking to them

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#2718 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,538 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:32 AM

I recently started playing through Prey (2017) again once I lowered the difficulty setting. I'm playing it on easy now which is making the experience more enjoyable. Granted I can steamroll through most of the enemies no problem taking the challenge out of it but the world is compelling enough that I want to explore it and not be stressed while I do.

Definitely something I commend you for, and need to do myself.

It's such an immersive game with a phenomenal score. On my first playthrough, I played on max difficulty. While it was much more thrilling, the overall experience was not super enjoyable, and I didn't finish the game

Still playing the Binding of Isaac. Can't fucking wait for the "final" DLC, Repentance

Yeah if I was younger and without a family I might stick with the harder difficulty but I have stuff to do and I don't want to get super frustrated and stressed out with a video game! Especially since I have high blood pressure haha

#2719 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,128 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:09 PM

One of my friends back home just THIS MONTH got his first smartphone and decided to try the fantastic mobile port of FFT, though he has never played the original and know nothing bout it or tactics style games in general.

So I started a new file to help kind of guide him along. It's such a great game and a fun way to go through it, in this sort of mentor/manatee scenario.

BANDCAMP - Featuring my newest release, Maiden Voyage a tribute to the Star Ocean games
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#2720 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:36 PM

re-installed TITANFALL 2 yesterday to mess around with and god, it just feels so great.

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#2721 juggahnaught

juggahnaught

Shizz n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:28 PM

I've hooked up my SNES to my HDTV and I've been replaying some classics. (Of note, if you want the best quality for SNES, Genesis, or other old systems, check out HDRetrovision - the quality of SNES over component cables is awesome, so awesome.)

Judge me if you will, but Super Mario Kart, 150cc, Special Cup, is still as hard as it was 20 years ago. (Getting best laps on tracks with DK is still just as fun today as well!)

I've also been replaying F-Zero, and man, that game can be frustrating on Master class - you can keep your lead, but just a bit of bad luck from the blocker cars and you're toast, and if you lose that lead, good luck. Death Wind 2 still sucks.

#2722 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,780 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:50 AM

Holy shit Watch Dogs 2 is a long game. Fun the whole way through so far, though!

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#2723 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,772 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:30 PM

on to Phantasy Star two. Hey Sega, some manual scans or some basic gameplay tips would be nice. Pulled up an FAQ, didn't understand that ORDER and ORDER were two different um... orders. Also, every time I visit a new town I have to head home to get a new party member? Also, I can't rest at home like every other RPG ever? lol whatevs

Music is pretty good so far, I usually don't mute games but one got old quick, 

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#2724 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,780 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:43 AM

Been playing Call of Cthulhu (2019) since yesterday and boy howdy is it neato! Then again, I liked Dark Corners of the Earth a lot, so maybe take what I say with lots of salt or cover it in ranch.

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#2725 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,772 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:45 AM

The fuck kind of magic er... tech naming scheme is this?

https://gamefaqs.gam...r-ii/faqs/26468

It's basically gibberish, the fuck is going on with this game lol

At least Square had the good sense to pick half way sensible terminology and stick with it

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#2726 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:07 AM

I am addicted to Hollow Knight again. I’ve got like 3 runs going at the same time across PC and switch

Dj5ZiPN.png

#2727 Sam

Sam

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,150 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:31 PM

(Of note, if you want the best quality for SNES, Genesis, or other old systems, check out HDRetrovision - the quality of SNES over component cables is awesome, so awesome.)

The boys at HD Retrovision are friends of mine.  I don't have any of their cables, but I keep hearing good things.  Glad to hear another good thing,

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

you will die of sodium poisoning before you ever take me with enough grains of salt.

Perhaps the same can be said of all birth control. But enough posting- have at you!

#2728 Paragon

Paragon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 02:54 AM

Has anybody played Kero Blaster?  It came out in 2014 but I guess I overlooked it.  It's on PC and Switch, probably other systems too.  It's basically perfect.

It's made by person who made Cave Story, and there are plenty of stylistic similarities, but it's really a very different game.

It's 99% linear, more like a Mega Man (without stage select) than the Metroidesque Cave Story.  It's short and sweet, I beat it in a single evening.  It never felt like it was dragging on, and it didn't feel like it was over too soon.

There are points where it's difficult, but it never felt frustrating or unfair.  To put it another way, it all felt very intuitive without feeling easy.  The boss fights were easy to pick up on but still tense/challenging to finish.

Losing a life brings you back to the start of the screen you died in, so I never felt punished for little mistakes or individual deaths.  Losing all your lives means you start the stage over, but you keep all your upgrades and money.  What this usually meant for me was a chance to visit the store (one per level, I think) and upgrade something I felt was lacking.

The weapons are fun, too -- there's a basic blaster, a Wave (wide/spread type shots) a Bubble (shots roll downhill and float up in water), and a Fire (short range but intense flamethrower).

It's the most fun I've had with a 2D action/platformer type game in a long time, highly recommended.

#2729 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,972 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 05:32 AM

It is good and the music is great.
DNa7A7D.jpg

#2730 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,780 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 03:05 PM

It is good and the music is great.

You are good and you are great.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music AND video games, state of theshizz gaming, old people with no time, xblah, actually just watching stream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users