2801 replies to this topic

#2791 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:01 AM

I just started Tokyo Xanadu EX+ alpha on PC, I want to be friends with everyone.

amTr0fm.png

#2792 powellman

powellman

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:59 AM

But not the best chocobo music.

Spoiler

chocobo rodeOHWEEOH!!

#2793 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:54 PM

I played through the vanishing of ethan carter the other day, really liked it and I want to find more games that are like that

amTr0fm.png

#2794 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:50 PM

What Remains of Edith Finch might be up your ally.
DNa7A7D.jpg

#2795 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,573 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:16 PM

What Remains of Edith Finch might be up your ally.

That game rules!

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#2796 brodan

brodan

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 12:01 PM

damn erich now you got me hooked on FFXV again. im going back and doing all the end game stuff i never got to doing. spent 3 hours straight on the Pitioss dungeon last night but got through it without getting frustrated somehow (probably because im on valium right now due to illness). also started clearing the locked dungeons, 3 down so far.

Why the fuck cant I see when I close my eyes?

#2797 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:54 PM

I played through FFXV on PS4 when it was new, I have no idea what they have added since then, maybe it is time I revisited. The flying car alone is worth the price of admission.

amTr0fm.png

#2798 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:29 AM

There's a free DLC update for Celeste, just FYI. I literally just saw it in the news sidebar when booting up the Switch.

You play it yet? I'm worried about the difficulty. Lots of people are saying it's as hard as the C-sides which I didn't play. I cleared the first few screens tonight. It was rough. I don't remember the game that well and my hands have definitely lost the muscle memory. I guess I'll keep going until I hit a wall.

DNa7A7D.jpg

#2799 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,086 posts

Posted Today, 06:10 AM

I made a luck and charisma build in New Vegas last night and ED-E is doing all of the hard work and it’s fun.

I want to play a different fallout game tho. I’ve tried 4 a few times and haven’t gotten into it cus of how linear it is, and I hear 76 or whatever is bad but I haven’t tried it. Is 3 worth going back to or is it just a lesser new Vegas?

I really need to play the first two more some time but the learning curve seems steep for the amount of video game time I have any more.

eKawlATs.jpg

#2800 Paragon

Paragon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,498 posts

Posted Today, 07:32 AM

I played a ton of Zelda BOTW while my computer was broke, and then some afterward too.  I'm at the same place I was in my first game -- three divine beasts beaten, most of my armor upgraded to the max, getting kinda burned out on it.

I also started Fire Emblem: Three Houses.  I've barely started, but it's pretty good.  The layout of the monastery is really confusing for me, but I like how it's sorta like a "Persona, but you're the teacher and all your students are your social links" kinda thing.

I want to play a different fallout game tho. I’ve tried 4 a few times and haven’t gotten into it cus of how linear it is, and I hear 76 or whatever is bad but I haven’t tried it. Is 3 worth going back to or is it just a lesser new Vegas?

3 is worth a shot.  Most don't like it as much, but it's not bad.  The environment is very different, much more desolate and ruined.

I'm not sure I'd call 4 linear...the game gives you a series of quests to follow but you can go wherever you want and do stuff, though it doesn't have the writing or dialogue that makes New Vegas shine.  The quests are more repetitive though, a lot of Skyrim-ish "go to place, kill enemies".

76 isn't exactly bad, but don't pay full price for it.  It's great to just wander around and explore, and even though all the story is told through computer terminals and audio logs it has some good parts, like the coal miner strikes as a callback to the labor strikes/coal wars back in the 1800s-1900s, like Bloody Harlan and the West Virginia Coal Wars.  They also did a good job of creating impressive new enemy types, like the Mole Miners, and included a bunch of cryptids like the Wendigo, Mothman, Grafton Monster, Flatwoods Monster, Snallygaster, etc.  It does unfortunately just kinda peter out with no real ending, and it crashes a lot.

#2801 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,946 posts

Posted Today, 10:50 AM

I need it to be Friday already so I can get all up in that windfish

Dj5ZiPN.png

#2802 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted Today, 11:57 AM

i prefer F3 to NEW VEGAS, but i know i am in the minority there. F3 just felt more like i could fuck around and do whatever i felt like within power/ level reason. i like them both more than F4 though

hooked up the xboxen at new house and my lady who is nearly video game illiterate wanted to fuck around with some stuff so we are enjoying the stupid fun of OCTODAD and GOAT SIMULATOR.

did anyone play RAGE 2? i keep almost picking it up off Gamefly lately because it looks ridiculous

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music AND video games, state of theshizz gaming, old people with no time, xblah, actually just watching stream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users