#16 Gurthang

Gurthang

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

Castle Crashers (thanks, merc!)

Mark of the Ninja (thanks, Steam summer sale!)

And the old standby, LOTRO.

#17 MetalBishop

MetalBishop

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,460 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Got Killing Floor and Alice.. I must play those soon..

I did play a little bit of Killing Floor. Looks like a good fun with friends game.

#18 matsunami

matsunami

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:42 AM

Lots of Street Fighter II: CE on my cabinet.  We have been reunited.

I just got S-Video cables for all my consoles so I've been playing CV4 and Run Saber.

UAV3t1p.png

matsunami0.png

#19 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

I just finished playing through WRC2010.

And i'm working on a 1-life run of TMNT2 (NES).

and to pass time while waiting for the wife to get ready, Sagaia on the SMS.

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://www.patreon.com/tibone - PATREON

http://tibone.bandcamp.com - MUSIC

http://www.youtube.com/tibonev/ - VIDEOS

http://www.classicgames.com.br/ - GAMES AND OTHER CODING STUFF

http://x68k.classicgames.com.br/ - X68k AMAZEBALLS MUSIC.

#20 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

Set up my SNES since I was laid up on pain killers for a week after some complicated oral surgery. Playing through FF6 again which has been awesome. It's the first time in many years I have not auto leveled up on the lete river so it's actually slightly challenging.

Just got Saints Row 3 on a whim and its... Interesting. It's kind of like the entire game plays how I casually play a GTA game.

astroman.gif Dj5ZiPN.png

#21 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,697 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

I got together with some old time friends (who also happen to be my pencil&paper D&D group) and played through the Dungeons and Dragons: Shadows Over Mystara. I've played a little of that online with random people and it's at least better than just playing by myself.

I also got my friends to play 5 player Dungeon Explorer:
We only got to level 6, but that's an achievement with the heard of cats that they are. I'd love to get a Shizz group together to try to fumble all over each other with the max players.

Rogue Legacy, which I mentioned in the 11:60. Every time you beat it, the game gets harder, but you get more gold drops so you can level faster. I've beat it for the second time, which gets me to New Game +2, at which point it starts to get stupid hard:

I am also looking forward to Shadowrun next week.
banner.png

#22 mercatfat

mercatfat

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

I just got S-Video cables for all my consoles so I've been playing CV4 and Run Saber.

+1'd for Run Saber. anyone stoked for the new Strider that hasn't played Run Saber should probably do so ASAP.

crystals.gif
N64th Street: Every N64 Game, Reviewed Eventually.
Latest Reviews (6/29): Rampage World Tour

#23 jesse

jesse

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

i finished the last of us recently.

currently playing: tomb raider (2013), SMT IV, animal crossing: new leaf, and mother 3.

I LOVE NINJA GAYDEN KILL YOURSELF!!

#24 matsunami

matsunami

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

+1'd for Run Saber. anyone stoked for the new Strider that hasn't played Run Saber should probably do so ASAP.

Yeah and find a friend to play with because it's co-op!

UAV3t1p.png

matsunami0.png

#25 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

Fix'd.

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://www.patreon.com/tibone - PATREON

http://tibone.bandcamp.com - MUSIC

http://www.youtube.com/tibonev/ - VIDEOS

http://www.classicgames.com.br/ - GAMES AND OTHER CODING STUFF

http://x68k.classicgames.com.br/ - X68k AMAZEBALLS MUSIC.

#26 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • 10,342 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

I'm not really stoked for the new Strider, but I did play Run Saber and enjoyed it. That was a pretty fun game, much better with coop.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#27 Nuttz the Squirrel

Nuttz the Squirrel

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

This is a bit of an uncommon situation for me; I actually have too much to play right now.

I've been playing the new Animal Crossing for the most part.

I have it, and my mom, and all my nieces and nephews, and my brother and sister both bought a 3DS to play it.

As you may suspect, there is an abundance of towns for me to visit.

I've actually already paid off my house completely, so I'm now finding that there's less for me to do each time I play now.

I was playing Warsong earlier.

I haven't really given up on it, but I'm stuck on chapter 5 and haven't found a winning strategy yet.

Garett has little trouble handling most foes, but the trouble is no one else in my army has adequate levels.

Mario Golf has been getting played a lot since I got the Game Boy Color version.

I was glad to discover I can earn experience points in the N64 game and carry them over to the GBC game, but I think I'm playing the N64 version more than I should.

I've got a few other games recently that I've put very little time into.

Rampart, Tactics Ogre, I downloaded Shantae yesterday...

I suppose I'll put more focus on those once I'm bored with these other games, but I suspect something else I wanna play will show before then and they'll be forgotten.

#28 mercatfat

mercatfat

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

you have no idea how happy it makes me to see someone else who appears to enjoy those Mario Golfs at least as much as I do.

i have been playing far too much on the Xbox and not enough on the 64 lately, so i decided to pick a couple of games at semi random last night.

Army Men Air Combat: okay, low expectations here. obviously, maybe? it certainly didn't have much in the way of positive reviews, from what i recall. in any case, it's actually kind of rad, but i can completely understand why it got so trashed: it can easily be beaten in 4 hours or less, it's not terribly difficult, and it's graphically inconsistent. but it's a lot like Nuclear Strike and other 32/64-bit era helicopter games. for some reason, all of those that i've played so far have really clicked with me, and this game was no exception. it was just an enjoyable helicopter-based blast 'em up thrill ride that was well worth the $3 or less asking price. it just wasn't worth the $40+ it would have cost when first sold. cool side note: the game has 2-player co-op for the entire main campaign, and also what appears to be some cool 4-player co-op modes. if you find it very cheap, which you should, you'll at worst have an extremely cheap disappointment.

Rugrats Scavenger Hunt: is... not a platformer.  kind of a surprise. i'd call it a Mario Party clone, but Scavenger Hunt lacks one key ingredient completely: minigames. the production values are actually pretty darn high, especially in the voicework and animation. it's not incredible or anything, but it certainly blew away my expectations. however, outside of the cutscenes, it is tedious and boring and mostly just pretty disappointing considering that the game just needed something like minigames to break up the tediousness.  Playing a board game on a television, where you can't move your piece in a really condescending way before you kick someone back in Sorry!, or any of the other things that being physically involved bring to playing actual real life board games, just kinda feels lame. it's all the disappointment of your first VHS board game.

crystals.gif
N64th Street: Every N64 Game, Reviewed Eventually.
Latest Reviews (6/29): Rampage World Tour

#29 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,402 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

The other month I played the SHIT out of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.  That game is amazing!

I played a game of Heroes of Newerth yesterday with Leonidus, and a game on my own today.

#30 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,482 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

Final Fantasy IV on the PSP. I'm just playing the main game (not bonus content), and I must say it's the probably the best port of all (though I do like the GBA translation a tad more). I'm near the end, and since this is the umpteenth time I've played through FF4, it's starting to drag a little bit (especially with the high encounter rates in dungeons, oh my GOSH). I've been switching back and forth between original and arranged soundtracks; I enjoy them both.

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music AND video games, state of theshizz gaming, old people with no time, xblah, actually just watching stream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users