#1 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,038 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

http://criticalhitband.com/

So pretty much Piano Squall and some Blizzard composer decide to start a band.

STEP 1- pay some other dude to write their arrangements (who doesn't play in the band).  

STEP 2- Hire hot studio musicians.  NEEDS MORE HOT CHICKS, THERE'S ONLY 6 HOT CHICKS IN THIS BAND (PS the blond can fucking shredddddd)

STEP 3- Hey I'm Piano Squall, I'm not going to be in the band, I'm just going to "found" it.  Oh also apparently I market things.
"Michael Gluck (Piano Squall) is the Founder of VGMarket. Established in 2007, VGMarket is the videogame industry’s leading market research firm."  YAY MARKETING

STEP 4- PROFITTTTTTT

Hey guess what guys.  You're a MARKET

#2 tonystigma

tonystigma

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

They're doing BlizzCon and don't know what a woodwind is?

Also, they're playing the Angry Birds theme. Pretty sure this ain't for us. 

EDIT: hahahahahaaa they already have a store open

JwlHRQg.png

#3 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

Glad to see some new ground covered with their song selection:

01. Tetris "Main Theme"
  02. Angry Birds: "Main Theme"
  03. World of Warcraft: "Legends of Azeroth"
  04. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: "Zelda's Lullaby"
  05. Halo 2: "Main Theme"
  06. Pokemon: "Main Theme"
  07. Super Mario World: "Bowser's Castle"
  08. Final Fantasy X: "To Zanarkand"
  09. Kingdom Hearts: "Hikari"
  10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: "Battle for New York"
  11. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: "Streets of Whiterun"
  12. Metal Gear Solid 2: "Main Theme"

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#4 tonystigma

tonystigma

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:37 AM

04. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: "Zelda's Lullaby"

Definitely my favorite from that soundtrack!!!

JwlHRQg.png

#5 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,353 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

Awesome can't wait to see them at magfest, I plan on getting at least three of those girl's numbers.

giphy.gif

#6 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,816 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

I never thought I'd see the day when this scene gets astroturfed.

banner.png

#7 travis

travis

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

You know, at first I agreed with the "LOLOOLOL" part. Yeah, it looks super plastic and bullshit when viewing it from the memories of a small roomful of people for The NESkimos at MAGfest 3, but honestly - if they're musicians, they're actually getting PAID*, and they're actually getting paid to play VGM...all the more power to them. I'd do that shit in a hearbeat regardless of how many people would see me as a sellout.

Though, I'm making this post without even having listened to it. Maybe they totally suck...!

*=who knows how the $$ is actually getting divvied up among the members, or how much $$ there actually is/will be despite the pristine image. I'm just referring to the whole "MARKET" thing

hhLJkpL.png

#8 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 18,936 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

All I know is that when I think of VG jams, I go straight to Call of Duty.

The music I make.

Simpsons Shizzposting

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#9 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,214 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:21 AM

The guy singing this song is listed as one of the members of the band.

Kind of amazing. Also, I'm into that Angry Birds arrangement they posted. I've only ever played the game briefly, but The OneUps did their version of it and I've come to love the song through that. For me personally, there's enough game soundtracks out there for everyone to cover one and still have some left over. This "band" seems to fit comfortably in that spot between one of those big orchestral acts like Video Games Live and our precious four piece rock acts. 

EDIT: And since no one has posted it yet...

Does a carbon fiber violin make you play faster or something?

#10 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:12 AM

cool, i'll repost what i said on dan's fb here:

this band is just a logical next step for the scene. i already view a ton of the existing acts as the same as this.
i see a lot of fear here (moreso on dan's fb replies). fear of them actually doing well. fear of kids going gaga over the call of duty song and lighting up the night with cracking colossus roars. because that will be a gaping wound in the old bit remix scene. not a final nail, but an erosion.

but there is lots to make fun of here:
•everyone is comedically squinting so bad in that video, and the sunlight/makeup combo is really undermining any natural beauty those girls had. and that was the only possible leg a non-themed quick n dirty video had to stand on. cus no one wants to look at those dudes and wonder how old they are. waste of time.
•if they aren't fully streaming the album for free, they are fucking idiots, and assholes who are indeed too blinded by the -possibility- of money to even step into a 2010 market.
•yea, fuckin WORLD WINDS

zyRL8t2.png

also, this is me sticking my tongue at anyone who laughed at me suggesting something like this in my thread a while back this year. it's happening and it will always happen, and that is why you have to bring shit musically to the table that separates you from the stuff that corporate can do better once they get the formula

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

My Music Here.  My Drug Blog vagmusic  NES-VHS                GkgBElO.png

#11 norg

norg

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:22 AM

"One musician from each of the instrument categories will perform live at every Critical Hit concert!  Come to multiple shows to see different performers!"

wtf, do they think they're the trans siberian orchestra of video game music?

the angry birds video was fun.  someone's throwing an awful lot of money at this.

norgstoof.jpg  charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif
SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK

never gtyrst a bigg btut and a smiel
that irl is POUISONNNNNNNN
-bel gbig edvo

INSUFFICIENT NORG

#12 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

brb gotta go pour one on the curb for the scene

eKawlATs.jpg

#13 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

I stache
Eu stache
We stache

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

#14 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

Can I join this band? I dress formal on my top half and casual on my bottom half, and am able to make a facial expression like a person who has previously bought an expensive Rolling Stones box set.

eKawlATs.jpg

#15 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

the expression must also reflect that you haven't had a chance to open the set

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users