• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

lets stop denying it

the shizz has japan to thank for basically everything

just embrace your fucking weeabooness

i found this today

here is unicorn: sugar boy

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

My Music Here.  My Drug Blog vagmusic  NES-VHS                GkgBElO.png

#2 Magicalyardgnome

Magicalyardgnome

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

^The beginning sounds like Magician's Birthday, but it goes in a way different direction with the synths. Good song!

Posted Image

#3 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

deadball project vol.3 is fucking amaziing

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

#4 Paragon

Paragon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

that koto/whatever solo is frickin amazing

#5 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Shizz Boss

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,783 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

Posted Image

#6 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Shizz Boss

• Shizzadmin
  • 7,783 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

ltXB83y.gif
Posted Image

#7 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

ltXB83y.gif

looks like i was taught something awesome tonight

#8 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Shizz Boss

• Shizzadmin
  • 7,783 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

That flash you see is the dude leveling up.
Posted Image

#9 eddyrocku

eddyrocku

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

ltXB83y.gif

fuck yea, that was fucking rawdog rockstar shit right there. Shit was harder in the core than Gradius 2

#10 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,373 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

e3ePvsN.jpg

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#11 David R. Gumby

David R. Gumby

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,760 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

Can this thread also be about the horrible things Japan has brought us?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

Prisoners of war were subjected to vivisection without anesthesia. Vivisections were performed on prisoners after infecting them with various diseases. Scientists performed invasive surgery on prisoners, removing organs to study the effects of disease on the human body. These were conducted while the patients were alive because it was feared that the decomposition process would affect the results. The infected and vivisected prisoners included men, women, children, and infants.

on a lighter note

#12 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

Prisoners of war were subjected to vivisection without anesthesia. Vivisections were performed on prisoners after infecting them with various diseases. Scientists performed invasive surgery on prisoners, removing organs to study the effects of disease on the human body. These were conducted while the patients were alive because it was feared that the decomposition process would affect the results. The infected and vivisected prisoners included men, women, children, and infants.

BERRYz!!!

#13 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

I used to live near this Greek fast food place and my friend who was visiting went in to buy a coffee. They asked if he wanted cream or sugar, my friend said no. The 50 year old creepy man working the counter said to him (in a thick Greek accent) "What's the matter, sugar boy? Don't you wanna make any money?!"

Sugar boys rule.

tumblr_l0w3iatftU1qzylvvo1_400.gifPopful_Mail_(Sega_CD)_34.gif

#14 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

Knowing this board, you guys have probably known about this for years

tumblr_l0w3iatftU1qzylvvo1_400.gifPopful_Mail_(Sega_CD)_34.gif

#15 mooniniteG