Why's it mirrored?

#19 Paragon

Paragon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

They drive on the left in Japan.  That's one possibility.  The other is that having it mirrored makes it less likely to be detected by the robots and/or flunkies that search youtube for infringing videos.

#20 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:21 AM

perfection. japan official sound team bands basically blow away the entire US cover scene. this performance should make a band like extra life high score or whatever they're called go home in tears

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

My Music Here.  My Drug Blog vagmusic  NES-VHS                GkgBElO.png

#21 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:57 AM

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

#22 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,732 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

japan official sound team bands basically blow away the entire US cover scene.

:huh:

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#23 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

:o 

#24 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

I saw these guys live in LA in like 2006 and it fucking blew me away. They are one of my favorite punk bands and this is one of my favorite all time music videos of any band ever.

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#25 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

righteous!

#26 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,735 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVDJ2-2MFWg

#27 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,484 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

I saw these guys live in LA in like 2006 and it fucking blew me away. They are one of my favorite punk bands and this is one of my favorite all time music videos of any band ever.

That video is certainly fucking bad-ass.

I can't get down on any new 'murrican music. Maybe I should start checking out Japanese stuff.

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#28 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,327 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:12 PM

so this might be a stretch, but are there any Japanese-fluent people who wouldn't mind translating track names from some vgm soundtracks for me? i was ripping these CDs i just ordered and i would just like to have something more coherent and less Engrish than Google Translate can provide me

http://vgmdb.net/album/31335

http://vgmdb.net/album/32236

http://vgmdb.net/album/37535

marui?

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

#29 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

lets ask the composers on facebook  :lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

#30 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:25 AM

Been listening a lot to this band lately. Great late night driving tunes. All their songs remind me of Katamari Damacy.

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users