35 replies to this topic

#1 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,092 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

Are there any particular games that you're obsessed with and own multiple versions of? Why?

Super Mario Bros. 2

- Super Mario USA (Famicom)

- Super Mario Advance (GBA)

- Super Mario All-Stars (SNES)

- Super Mario All-Stars (Wii)

- 3DS VC

- Wii VC

- Wii U VC

While not my favorite Mario game, this is definitely my favorite NES-era platformer. For some reason I never reacquired the NES version as an adult. I should fix that. I also desperately need to get Doki Doki Panic if/when I get a Famicom Disk System. It may be stupid, but for a 10-20 minute playthrough, it's nice to have this game readily available anywhere in the house. It may be somewhat sacrilegious, but my favorite version is actually All-Stars. Back in high school we had a SNES in the senior lounge and they had a copy of all-stars in it. There was a period of a few weeks in my senior year where I beat Mario 2 on it every day during lunch. The same thing ended up happening in college but with Rescue Rangers on a PlayChoice-10.

Final Fantasy 4

- Final Fantasy II (SNES)

- Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA)

- WonderSwan Color

- DS

This was my first Final Fantays and RPG. A number years ago, I convinced myself that I would track down and play through every version of this game. I clearly gave up on that dream, but the WonderSwan Color version is a result of that vision and the only game I own for the system. At this point I really only want to get and play the PSP version and the Japanese easy type as all of the other versions don't really offer anything different.

DNa7A7D.jpg

#2 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,779 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

Man, you need to get the PSP version of FF4. It is, by far, the best in my opinion.

I will answer the topic later. I have to think about it.

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#3 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,645 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

I'm pretty sure I have at least two copies of Metal Gear Solid 3. Might buy the DS version and get a third.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#4 LuketheXjesse

LuketheXjesse

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,784 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Substance

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Subsistence

Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3 and Super Mario All-Stars

Rayman for GBA and PS1

Sonic Adventure 1 and DX

Final Fight for SNES and Sega CD

Final Fantasy 1 for NES and PS1

Sunset Riders for SNES and Arcade (I used to have the Genesis one too but I don't like that version so I sold it for a decent profit)

I'd like the Dreamcast version of Skies of Arcadia at some point just because I'd like to play it to see what kind of differences there are between the two. 

tumblr_n074bwaG7G1soiz10o1_500.gif

#5 LuketheXjesse

LuketheXjesse

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,784 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

For some reason I never reacquired the NES version as an adult. I should fix that. I also desperately need to get Doki Doki Panic if/when I get a Famicom Disk System. It may be stupid, but for a 10-20 minute playthrough, it's nice to have this game readily available anywhere in the house. It may be somewhat sacrilegious, but my favorite version is actually All-Stars.

I can relate here, we only had the all-stars version when I was a kid but we had the NES versions of SMB 1 and 3. I never owned a NES copy of 2 until...last year I think.

tumblr_n074bwaG7G1soiz10o1_500.gif

#6 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,248 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

I have like 5 each of Earth Defense Force 2017, Diablo II and LoD, and Morrowind. I think I have 2 of Dark souls and have bought at least 4 other copies to give to people.

Between a few friends and I, I think we have like 16 copies of NHL Hitz 20-02 because it's incredible. Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin'.

eKawlATs.jpg

#7 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,388 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

I have three Ninja Gaiden 1 carts.

But what about those of us with accidental copies?
I recently discovered that I have two copies of Chrono Cross.
I have no idea why.

giphy.gif

#8 cacomistle

cacomistle

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,155 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:53 AM

Earthbound (SNES)

Mother 2 (SFC)

Mother 1+2 (GBA)

i don't own it on VC because there's no reason for a Wii U yet

I also have like 3 or 4 copies of Deadly Premonition, just so I can give away copies to people at random

70513658_10100195063969164_5277526380190

#9 clansmaneddie

clansmaneddie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

got a few Chrono Triggers around

Digital Suikoden and a Physical Suikoden

Couple Metal Gear Solid 3's

my brother had like 4 copies of Gran Turismo 4 and 5 copies of 24: the game

I'd take Snapple's satirical pestering over your tired ass trolling ANY DAY.

#10 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,092 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

Are there any particular games that you're obsessed with and own multiple versions of? Why?

DNa7A7D.jpg

#11 cacomistle

cacomistle

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,155 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

because Earthbound is the best.

because Deadly Premonition is the best.

70513658_10100195063969164_5277526380190

#12 Guest_MetalBishop_*

Guest_MetalBishop_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

I picked up deadly prem on xbox, then last week i saw the ps3 retool for $20 at walmart.

#13 wizardcombat

wizardcombat

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,051 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

PS3 and PC versions of Fallout 3 and NV because shit gets super cheap during a Steam sale.

#14 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,704 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

I have a physical copy of Xenogears and a digital copy of the game. I used to have two physical copies; one of which wasn't in its original package but I corrected that by purchasing one (with three other games) in its original package. Xenogears is one of my favorite RPGs and I like to do a play through every so often.

I have two copies of Skies of Arcadia, one on the Dreamcast and the other on the Gamecube. It's another favorite of mine and the GC version has enough new content (extra character and side story) for me to justify re-purchasing it.

I have DOOM on the Playstation and PC. I really enjoy the PS version of DOOM and the PC version came in a huge DOOM bundle so why not. It was pretty cheap.

Brutal Legend is another game I own twice, on the Xbox 360 and PC. I got it on the PC because it was cheap, I want to support Double Fine and I legitimately enjoy the game. In fact, I bought it on the Xbox 360 again because my dog chewed up my original copy.

#15 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:15 AM

Daytona USA - it's one of my favorite games ever. So i have the Original USA Saturn version, the JP Saturn Version, JP Championship Edition Saturn and the DC one.

Because it's one of my favorite games and because.. well it's Daytona.

Outrun - I have it on the SMS (Tectoy Version) bought it new. Saturn version (Sega AGES collection) got it as a gift. Outrun is a personal favorite, and i would love to own all the versions, but it's impossible, there are too many.

Phantasy Star I - SMS and Saturn versions, because i wanted to play with the FM soundtrack, so i bought the Saturn version.

Also, i've heard there's a non-black (grey) version of Killer Instinct, so i'm trying to hunt that down too... because if i once spend 12 hours direct, playing KI, i can say that i like it. :)

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: classic, of, arcade, shooting, is, being, revived, in

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users