269 replies to this topic

#31 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

I fully support stoicism in videogame covers.

eKawlATs.jpg

#32 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

yea i mean, look at the hands, them nubs aint stoic

plus you have hot bass player moving all around, and drummer beating his skins properly.

i honestly can't even say where the criticism could even come from

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

My Music Here.  My Drug Blog vagmusic  NES-VHS                GkgBElO.png

#33 Monte

Monte

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

yea that energy shit is PISSING me off :lol:

that stuff IS just acting. hello!

every band that plays hard stuff moves around a lot less. who are these people???

Dat dark man

GOD YES.

if i may suggest a cherry on top of all this, i would say go for fatter tones on the synth. it can be a hard balance, but there is a less safe, but way beneficial height to reach if one goes beyond chippy patches. the chips sound good enough, but you can really rock the world with some big mono synths like wakeman and emerson.

i love this band and those HQ videos are bad ass!

Haha you guys are awesome. Thanks for all the comments.

Ya, I am using a SID Sammich now for this band. We decided to keep it simple and try go for a very clear sound so we thought to use more raw chip sounds. I change to fatter patches in other songs like Baby Felix and Kid Icarus (GB). I was also mixed super low for this show but I will definitely take your guys' feedback. Thanks!

#34 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

Can someone mix our album to sound like Trix?

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#35 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:18 AM

FM synth slap bass through a fuzz pedal please.

eKawlATs.jpg

#36 Monte

Monte

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:31 AM

FM synth slap bass through a fuzz pedal please.

Our bassist is actually down to use some synth stuff. We'll see what we can do there... -_-

#37 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:51 AM

just a RAT on dat bass

always

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

#38 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

I have a rat. We could do this. 

#39 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 16,332 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

haha so much criticism on Vic Viper and KDB for not having "energy."  You guys know that stuff is just acting, right?  Enjoy the music!

That's not what I meant, I meant the crowd needed to move to the music

They're busy watching the musicians!  Like how I watched The Advantage those times.

I'm a little wary of getting too phat with the synth.  I wouldn't want it to cover up the lead guitar or the bass (though the bass isn't very clear as it is...we need to fix that).  I'm down to experiment though.

I'm super skeptical about synth bass.  I guess I'm down if the notes are still clear.

#40 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

run the synth through a guitar amp :lol:

#41 Monte

Monte

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:41 PM

We were talking about doing that. We just don't have an extra one to test out. I might borrow a buddies to try though...

#42 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

This is awesome! Can I make a demand? Too bad I'm going to make one anyways! Cover some Shadow of the Ninja and Shatterhand! Pretty please with a Belmont on top. kthx!

#43 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

I've always had a fondness for the Japanese version of area C from Shatterhand. But is it better than scene 2 from TMNT 3???

#44 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,265 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

yeah i would be down with any and all Natsume covers*.

also another 'holy shit' from me for that Protoman Castle. it gives me fond memories of bucky's old band Parasprinter.

*and Turtles 3, shit. late-NES era Konami games for serious. Crisis Force, Contra Force, Laser Invasion, Rollergames, Base Wars, Hyper Soccer....

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

#45 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:29 PM

Where can I find some parasprinter recordings!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Ship From Gradius, Siiiiiiiiiiiiick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users