403 replies to this topic

#361 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,936 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:32 AM

So Specter of Torment is excellent, but I have a problem. I'm 10/10 on red skulls in every stage, but only 4/5 in the first Tower of Fate level. I beat the level and now it's on to the next one, but... shit, can I go back and get it or did I fuck this 100% run?

You can go back to any stage if you missed a red skull or two.

Meanwhile, I'm working hard on low% and I'm steadily getting better. I'm down to 1:02 and can easily get sub hour if certain whore bosses *COUGHENCHANTRESSCOUGH* would cooperate.

Okay, I didn't see that as an option, I did that with a few (Pridemoor, Lost City, and the Airship are the only ones I didn't get them all in the first go) but when I finished that part of the Tower I didn't see an option to go back, but maybe it'll open up after the next part.

There's some cool stuff I can see in terms of speed strats, looking forward to catching one of your runs!

edit: Hmm, so I found all the skulls, as in every level says I found x/x but I still didn't get the feat and Red is still asking for more. Curiouser and curiouser. Also pretty sure I talked to every recruit and didn't get the one for that either. Hmm...

In any case, what a great ending, what a wonderful game! I absolutely adore all three of these and I CANNOT wait for the next installment. I doubt I could ever really get enough.

Oh, and 3ngag3 shoutout in the credits, woo!

The music I make.

Simpsons Shizzposting

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#362 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:01 AM

edit: Hmm, so I found all the skulls, as in every level says I found x/x but I still didn't get the feat and Red is still asking for more. Curios and curios. Also pretty sure I talked to every recruit and didn't get the one for that either. Hmm...

FTFY

I just made it to Tower of Fate. Good goddamn the platforming in this DLC is the craziest stuff.

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#363 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:10 AM

Started on this yesterday and really loving it.  The fully remixed stage musics in are awesome. Though King Knight's stage does sound a bit silly, a bit like a youtube joke vid version rather than a cool remix. 

#364 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 18,936 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

edit: Hmm, so I found all the skulls, as in every level says I found x/x but I still didn't get the feat and Red is still asking for more. Curios and curios. Also pretty sure I talked to every recruit and didn't get the one for that either. Hmm...

FTFY

I just made it to Tower of Fate. Good goddamn the platforming in this DLC is the craziest stuff.

The best platforming stuff is in the endless tower minigame. Took me a while to get it figured out, and beating it was super satisfying, but there are a lot of tricks to pull out and you have to get creative sometimes. The judgment orb is maybe my favorite curio (even though the game said it was the hover plume, but that just has a lot of backup potential). Being able to sweep across the entire screen and skip some whole segments (primarily minibosses or funky platforming sections) by just swooping past them is really, really cool.

And I LOVE the major rendition of Pridemoor! Considering this is a prequel and you can see the whole castle being worked on (scaffolding and stuff in the background, such a nice touch) you get the vibe that this is what it sounded like before, and then the usurper theme coming in after the Order is established.

The music I make.

Simpsons Shizzposting

#365 3ngag3

3ngag3

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,374 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

Speaking of endless tower, there's going to be a 'First to five' tower race on Monday.

3fb.png

Use 800 gigabytes of samples, I give approximately 0 gigafucks.

Where does Mario poop in the airship? Behind his chair? In Cappy?

#366 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:44 AM

Yeah, I thought the tower race was one of the coolest parts of the game too. It was the most challenging part of the game, that's for sure. That was my one tiny little gripe was that the game seemed a bit too easy. But, Specty's platforming is just soooo damned original and fun, they really nailed it. I would honestly love to see an entirely new, longer more difficult game based on him or another character that moves similiarly. 

Playing a stage as Shovel Knight after playing SoT for a few days feels so weird.

#367 3ngag3

3ngag3

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,374 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:27 AM

I finally have a somewhat presentable speedrun of Specter.

If you're at all curious, the people in the discord voice chat were doing a playthrough of Specter with the invisible cheat activated.

3fb.png

#368 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,984 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:33 PM

Three years late on this party, but I picked this up for 3DS yesterday, and I am loving the shit out of it. Just beat the Spectral Knight in the graveyard level. It took me a few tries, but I figured out a slow pattern to beating him. Of course, the soundtrack is virt, so... nothing much I can say about it other than it's totally on point. 

toopunk2lose.png

#369 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,609 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:49 PM

It's the perfect 2D video game, Breath of the Wild of course being the perfect one in the 3D category.

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#370 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,984 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:29 PM

Whew. I'm about 6 hours in, and I'll bring the end I think? Some of these labels are brutal -- while their bosses are not.

toopunk2lose.png

#371 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 18,936 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:54 AM

Whew. I'm about 6 hours in, and I'll bring the end I think? Some of these labels are brutal -- while their bosses are not.

Don't think that Plague of Shadows and Specter of Torment are the same thing with different skins when you're done. They are remarkably different, especially Specter, and beyond worth it.

The music I make.

Simpsons Shizzposting

#372 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,984 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:34 AM

Whoops I meant "LEVELS" are brutal. 

toopunk2lose.png

#373 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,984 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:56 AM

Ayyy. Beat Plague of Shadows last night (took about 7 hours for me). I found the platforming to be much more difficult in many ways, but a lot of the bosses became laughably easy to defeat. For the most part, all I needed to do was do a bomb boost and then just spam them with regular attacks and I could knock them  out  in one attempt. The Tinker Knight became slightly harder, but still not that difficult. Starting Specter of Torment tonight! Love this game. 

toopunk2lose.png

#374 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,464 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:33 AM

yeah, that was my main takeaway, definitely had more trouble with the levels than the bosses

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#375 3ngag3

3ngag3

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,374 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:31 PM

Some guys in the Shovel Knight discord have been making some edits to the dialogue...

C-zSt31XoAAXIwj.jpg

3fb.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users