2715 replies to this topic

#2701 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:38 PM

Sonic 3D Blast for the Sega Genesis is a good game with fun level design and a top [x] game OST. Travellers' Tales had extremely ambitious coders and what they accomplished on the Genesis was impressive. You can't change my mind.

From / Soulsborne games are for gatekeepers. It feels like I'm a freshman pledge being hazed.

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

#2702 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,635 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:51 PM

Dude, 3D Blast has some of the best goddamn Sonic music, straight-up. Respect!

Same on the Soulsborne experience; it's an elitist community full of guffawing and "Oh, that game? Please. The dodging in that game is MUCH too fluid and enjoyable. Save your breath for when you've played the AUTHENTIC experience, where the dodge button is made of molasses and so are the other buttons. Gaming is meant to remind you constantly that life is stressful and human bodies are clunky messes that have evolved with an obvious lack of intelligent design. Any game that's FUN to play is no REAL game."

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#2703 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,338 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 12:11 AM

Sonic 3D Blast for the Sega Genesis is a good game with fun level design and a top [x] game OST. Travellers' Tales had extremely ambitious coders and what they accomplished on the Genesis was impressive. You can't change my mind.

From / Soulsborne games are for gatekeepers. It feels like I'm a freshman pledge being hazed.

John Burton, one of the lead programmers on Sonic 3D Blast, has been working on a director's cut of the game fixing long standing issues as well as adding some new features.

https://ttjontt.wixs...nic-3d-blast-dx

His YouTube channel is great too with a lot of behind scenes of Genesis tricks and some programming tricks too.

https://www.youtube....57zyxajhhRc7i0g

#2704 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:21 AM

I love Soulsborne games deeply and I agree that the community kiiiiinda sucks. The games are challenging in many ways but also cheap in other ways that remind me of first playing mega man as a kid, it's all in memorizing patterns and timing of relatively bad AI that's just overpowered (I remember having a real hard time with Drill Man in MM4 as a kid for some reason, and I hated that when he touches you he takes off 1/3 of your life bar).

amTr0fm.png

#2705 Smeg

Smeg

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:06 AM

I played 3D Blast a lot, even though I hated it.

#2706 C.C. Z28

C.C. Z28

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:24 AM

I was like that with Beavis and Butthead on Genesis. Why did I put so much effort into it? If I was a little kid at the time I could blame that but no, I was 16. Probably because it was the mid-'90s and almost every game not on a PC was terrible.

You will control a battletoad

#2707 brodan

brodan

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:28 AM

I was like that with Beavis and Butthead on Genesis. Why did I put so much effort into it? If I was a little kid at the time I could blame that but no, I was 16. Probably because it was the mid-'90s and almost every game not on a PC was terrible.

holy shit i loved the beavis and butthead genesis game. i was so little and had no idea how to advance the story at all and could never beat the hospital level but fuck i still loved it

Why the fuck cant I see when I close my eyes?

#2708 C.C. Z28

C.C. Z28

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 02:31 PM

See, you get to blame it on you being a little kid at the time. I even drove myself to the store and bought the strategy guide.

You will control a battletoad

#2709 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,635 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 03:13 PM

I beat Beavis & Butthead on Genesis as a kid, and can 100% blame it on being a little kid. Tried to get back into it on emulator, and fuck. That. Game.

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#2710 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 03:52 PM

Sonic 3D Blast gave me headaches, dizziness, and nausea as a kid. It still hurts my eyes to look at. Two thumbs way down, don't even @ me

BRAINMEAT (and POWER METAL CHIPS) - My original metal and chiptune albums on Bandcamp (all free/name your price)
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#2711 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • 8,832 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 05:54 PM

sai7WaL.jpg

banner.png

#2712 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,959 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:48 PM

I love Soulsborne games deeply and I agree that the community kiiiiinda sucks. The games are challenging in many ways but also cheap in other ways that remind me of first playing mega man as a kid, it's all in memorizing patterns and timing of relatively bad AI that's just overpowered (I remember having a real hard time with Drill Man in MM4 as a kid for some reason, and I hated that when he touches you he takes off 1/3 of your life bar).

I'm not good at games and I beat the souls games. They aren't really hard, they're just kind of weird and other game skills don't translate well to them, or something, i think, maybe.

Either way if you don't like them that's fine~~~~~

eKawlATs.jpg

#2713 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:53 PM

I beat Beavis & Butthead on Genesis as a kid, and can 100% blame it on being a little kid. Tried to get back into it on emulator, and fuck. That. Game.

It’s actually still one of my favorite genesis games. I replay it every once in a while. Weird obtuse puzzle game. The principals office is the only real bullshit moment I think

Dj5ZiPN.png

#2714 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:27 PM

I still can't believe Ken Oh doesn't like Flashback - a game with a dodge roll.

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

#2715 Smeg

Smeg

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:08 AM

I fucking love Flashback. You're wrong, Ken Oh

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fuck mega man, fuck my neighbors barking do, fuck life, fuck you, fuck it all, fucking no regrets, the musics fine, fuck the foot, i hate mega fucker, i ate 5 donuts for dinner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users