2715 replies to this topic

#16 Zoast

Zoast

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

The glass tube room is maridia in the map screen, a big hint.  Also, it's not the only way into maridia.

I'm gonna 2nd ocarina of time.  I've sat down to play it a number of times, and although i love the atmosphere, music, and so on, I always got really bored with it and quit.  Thanks for giving me a 3d game to explore in, too bad the combat is one dimensional since z targeting removes 2 dimensions (ok, maybe not literally).  It's funny how they seemed to nail 3d action right the first time with SM64, as basic as it was, the pacing and gameplay was great, and there weren't any platformers after that were quite as fun.

.\|/.

#17 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

I'm not really into Final Fantasy. I had a Genesis growing up, so I never got to play any of the games when I was younger. I picked up FF3 for the NDS on a whim to give it a try a few years ago....played an hour or less of it, put it down and never touched it again due to the endless grindfest. I know I've been told to sit down and give FF6 a shot if nothing else, but I'm not rushing to grab it up and I'll do it eventually. (though I do love the music...that much is true)

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#18 Vegeroth

Vegeroth

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:26 AM

I really like Breath of Fire 1 and 2, I think they are great games.

Live as if you would die tomorrow, learn as if you would live forever.

#19 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:27 AM

Vegeroth, how about Breath of Fire III? I loved that game as a kid.

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#20 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,959 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:38 AM

Quackshot, Jurassic Park Lost World, and Lightening Force are the only Gensis that don't suck.

eKawlATs.jpg

#21 Sam

Sam

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,112 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

Ocarina of Time is mediocre at best.

So is Final Fantasy VII.  Sephiroth is not an interesting villain, and Cloud is not an interesting hero.

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

you will die of sodium poisoning before you ever take me with enough grains of salt.

Perhaps the same can be said of all birth control. But enough posting- have at you!

#22 Magicalyardgnome

Magicalyardgnome

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,473 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:11 AM

Chrono Trigger is an alright game with great presentation.

Posted Image

#23 jvincion

jvincion

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

but no keiji inafune designed this to ruin your lives and he probably engineered chemtrails as well to give all mega man fans OCD and autism and all that shit.

:lol:

Controversial... hmm... let's see... well, I'm not interested in getting any of the newer consoles or handhelds because it seems most of the best new games are sequels/remakes and I still enjoy the prequels/originals enough that I can just play the games I already have if I want to dive into a certain series.

Of course, on a board that came together for the love of a band that covers music from games for a system that came out around 30 years ago, this opinion is likely not too controversial. :P

Eh, I got nuthin'.

#24 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,832 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:32 PM

I'm not having the time of my life playing Dark Souls.

My favorite Casltevania was CV2.

banner.png

#25 tonystigma

tonystigma

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

So is Final Fantasy VII. Sephiroth is not an interesting villain, and Cloud is not an interesting hero.

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

Part of the problem with VII, exacerbated by the translation, is that a lot of people don't really remember the characters as they were in the game, which explains a lot about the EU stuff.

I don't assume that about you, my neon orange friend. But main characters with psychological issues are my shit. FFVII and Xenogears rank highly with me.

And I find Sephiroth interesting because you don't interact with him - he's in the flashback then stuck up north while you're chasing a clone controlled by Jenova. Mind-bending!

JwlHRQg.png

#26 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

Braid was a clever puzzle game with god-awful teenage diary-style prose sprinkled arbitrarily everywhere.

#27 almightyeric

almightyeric

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

Street Fighter II is one of my favorite games of all time. One of the many things I like about it is hearing the sounds of the strikes (pst, prat, psshhht, ft, fwert, fwoosh), hits (k'bshhht), and those original player yells (e.g. "Ha-douuu-ken", "Yooga Fiire").

I've been disappointed by a lot of the strike, hit, and player yell sounds in every Street Fighter game I've played after that. Game title-wise, I'll just call out Street Fighter IV. I wanted to love it... but I didn't love it.

Lately, Ryu has sounded to me more like either Terrance or Phillip reading "Ha-dou-ken" in a talk radio interview when he throws a fireball. :wub: "Hadoukin!" :wub: <_<

---

I loved Super Metroid

I loved FF7

#28 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:04 PM

Quackshot, Jurassic Park Lost World, and Lightening Force are the only Gensis that don't suck.

You have good taste in Genny games! Lost World is fucking badass

tumblr_l0w3iatftU1qzylvvo1_400.gifPopful_Mail_(Sega_CD)_34.gif

#29 Leonidus

Leonidus

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

FF6 > Chronotrigger

Vast majority of sports games are retarded

Platformers need more replay value (controversial? I don't know)

Games about little kids suck

Most people don't play games to experience a good story, but developers should still try to create games with good stories because those get appreciated forever

Consoles have powerful computing capabilities, and so they should allow players to edit basic data files of console games like we can on most pc games.  This makes many console games infinitely better on pc.  I don't own any recent consoles so maybe they already have done this.

Pimps don't commit suicide

#30 Magicalyardgnome

Magicalyardgnome

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,473 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:48 PM

Dragon Quest > Final Fantasy

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fuck mega man, fuck my neighbors barking do, fuck life, fuck you, fuck it all, fucking no regrets, the musics fine, fuck the foot, i hate mega fucker, i ate 5 donuts for dinner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users