2715 replies to this topic

#31 TV's Frink

TV's Frink

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,145 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

Every figher game sucks except Karate Champ.

#32 Kevin Gnartinez

Kevin Gnartinez

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:52 PM

Earthbound is stupid. The dialog is dumb, the game play sucks. The music and visuals are cool though.

Actually, I pretty much hate playing all RPGs (other than action RPGs). I've never understood the appeal of leaving the tedious boring shit that isn't at all fun up to the player but then taking away the controller once anything slightly resembling a story happens. Sure, the music and the graphics are usually nice, but the actual gameplay, meh. Gimmie Illusion of Gaia over Chrono Trigger or FFVI any day.

the artist formerly known as wizwars.

now in the night we met.

#33 Rocquero

Rocquero

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:05 PM

RPGs are dumb

#34 Rocquero

Rocquero

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:00 PM

I want to go on record as saying Apples to Apples is complete bullshit.

#35 matsunami

matsunami

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 8,274 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:04 PM

Nintendo 64 was a terrible console.

UAV3t1p.png

#36 Bonkers

Bonkers

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:48 PM

Elder Scrolls game have no soul or direction, are boring unbalanced RPGs, non-existent predictable storylines and awful character designs And you have to mod them to make them even remotely palatable or to fix bugs (Seriously it's fucking amazing how Skyrim on 360 got the reviews it did with all of the bugs and issues it had at launch)The music is probably the only good thing about those games.

For all the hate FFXIII gets, it does one thing very similarly and well to FFVI, switching focus/gears to different characters to tell background story and different points of view.

Which is something I absolutely adore.

People complained about the linearity of FFXIII , but are totally fine with the same kind of linearity existing in games like FFX,Grandia II,Max Payne 3,Ninja Gaiden (new series),Shadows of The Empire,Half Life or Bioshock Infinite many other games are extremely linear as well but people don't even realize it.

Valve Sucks at storytelling but contrasts with how wonderful and well the characters they develop are.

bonker2s.gifPSYMAN

#37 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

Nintendo 64 was a terrible console.

This! N64 makes me feel like I have vertigo haha

tumblr_l0w3iatftU1qzylvvo1_400.gifPopful_Mail_(Sega_CD)_34.gif

#38 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

I'm not having the time of my life playing Dark Souls.

I could only play up until past the "real" title opening....traipsed around a lot, and died even more. I gave it a good shot, but I honestly didn't have fun with it. Thankfully, I got it for free.

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#39 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:35 PM

Dragon Quest > Final Fantasy

A thousand times this.

Also, Gran Turismo games are BOOOOOOOOORING.

Same with Tetris.
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#40 pIENESS

pIENESS

Casual Gamer D

• Members
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:50 PM

I fucking love Bubsy, Joe & Mac, and Chester Cheetah: Too Cool To Fool! (snes)

#41 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • 7,562 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

I fucking love Bubsy, Joe & Mac, and Chester Cheetah: Too Cool To Fool! (snes)

rushing into a Success nest

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

#42 Vegeroth

Vegeroth

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:55 AM

Vegeroth, how about Breath of Fire III? I loved that game as a kid.

I didn't like it as much as the first two... it didn't play through that one a second time.

Will have to try IV.

Also: I do not understand MMORPGs. I they it is the worst genre or game ever. I fail to see my character important. The stories doesn't seem to have closure, but I never got into one enough to get far. I can't solo the game. if I can, the actual soloing is fucking boring. Maybe one game will prove me wrong but it'll have to be different from what I tried so far.

Live as if you would die tomorrow, learn as if you would live forever.

#43 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:24 AM

I'm finally playing Planescape: Torment and it kinda sucks.

I recently started playing it for the first time as well. I think it's just a victim of the times and being a bit overambitious. If nothing else I'm finding the storyline to be entertaining enough to keep me playing, albeit sporadically. 

I'm not having the time of my life playing Dark Souls.

We should probably co-op that one of these days.

#44 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:49 AM

just got back from vacation and checking shizz for the first time in a while. needed some laughs, and lol'ed at this thread hard.

my faves/agreements:

N64 was a shit console.

All Zelda games after Link's Awakening sucked balls.

Mortal Kombat was NOT cool, it was well marketed. 

my contribution: the Super Metroid soundtrack is super boring. 

#45 Xplo

Xplo

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:14 AM

I'm finally playing Planescape: Torment and it kinda sucks.

I recently started playing it for the first time as well. I think it's just a victim of the times and being a bit overambitious. If nothing else I'm finding the storyline to be entertaining enough to keep me playing, albeit sporadically. 

I've been having a lot of trouble with the logic of the encounters. Like, in that Dustman bar near the beginning, I killed the suicidal guy, because he was one of the first people in the bar I talked to (near the entrance and all) and I hadn't caught on to the whole Buddhist thing they're into, so I figured, hey, these guys are like like a death cult that seeks oblivion, and I'm in a weird alien fantasy city, so why not? Made the entire bar perma-hostile, and there's a bunch of XP to be had from doing quests in there.

Later, in the catacombs, I managed to piss off both factions just by trying to stay uninvolved, and ended up having to kill One-As-Many and then the dead guys were perma-hostile as well, and I'm like, well, fuck.

I mean, maybe you could say I've just made terrible choices, but I kinda feel like the game set me up.

I started over and I'm playing through with a walkthrough so I can at least see the storyline and such, but I don't feel like I should have to do that with a "great" RPG, you know?

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fuck mega man, fuck my neighbors barking do, fuck life, fuck you, fuck it all, fucking no regrets, the musics fine, fuck the foot, i hate mega fucker, i ate 5 donuts for dinner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users