4 replies to this topic

#1 Ripplin

Ripplin

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:34 AM

Years ago, I had a 46" Sharp LCD for one day. Got it home, decided I didn't like it, and returned it. (little things bothered me too much about it) It kinda turned me off of looking for HD TVs. I'm still using my 32" JVC CRT, which I love, but I'm kiiiiiiiiiiinda thinking of going HD (at least for in my room) since the other TV died recently. Would be nice to use my PS3 on an HDTV someday.

I was just looking at a review for a 55" Sharp LED and in the "cons" section at the end, it said 'not really suitable for gaming.' Huh? That brings up an issue for this super nitpicky TV shopper: one of the most annoying things about TV shopping is that they never have video games set up on them! Gaming is also almost never mentioned in online reviews. :angry:

What do you guys use? What things should I be looking for? Is there a site that compares TVs specifically in regards to gaming?

#2 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:21 AM

http://www.displayla...splay-database/

Samsung hasn't let me down. They make the best displays, whether it's TVs or PC monitors. Get something with a low MS and features that can be turned off or not there to keep lag to a minimum. 

#3 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:47 PM

I'll also attest to Samsung's quality. The 46" set we have in the living room for maybe 7 years or so (boy, has it been that long?) and it's still going strong. We got an almost identical set (but a newer model) for the bed room a few years back and that is also a great set. 

#4 TV's Frink

TV's Frink

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

Buy a Magnetbox.

#5 Ripplin

Ripplin

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:47 PM

I can only find Panaphonic and Sorny around here.

I was leaning toward Samsung already, so that's good. Those new curved ones they have are incredible, but of course, that's just demo  images and the curved thing is merely a gimmick. I was thinking plasma for a while, and I'd still check used ones just for why not, but I'm thinking it's smarter overall to go with LED now.

I ended up getting a 36" JVC CRT for upstairs today for $20. It's staying in the car until I can get some help to bring it in. 190 lbs! :P

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tv, game, look, good, yay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users