20 replies to this topic

#1 streifig

streifig

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:55 PM

Here's the results of the Free Month! Metal song won DoD, that's new!

#1 Ivan HakštokSixto Sounds - Etrian Odyssey 3, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Sonic The Hedgehog 2006, Thunder Force 4 - Mystic Odyssey - good -0.22
#2 Affection State - Double Dragon 2: The Revenge - Blow Out The Chopper - good -0.27
#3 Claude D. - Darkwing Duck - F.O.W.L. Music Band Rehearsal - good -0.37
#4 Christian Fiction - Super Mario Galaxy - Chillrock Chalaxy - good -0.48
#5 Natalie Clyne, Jer Roque - Street Fighter IV - Indestructible - good -0.48
#6 Darangen - Final Fantasy - Find Your Way - above average +0.49
#7 GearX2 - Witcher - Bloody Witcher Is Da Mann - above average +0.46
#8 Somewhere In Time - Xenogears - Creator's Wish - above average +0.39
#9 CrebleStar - Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past - A Link To The Blast! - above average +0.24
#10 Commander_Doyle - Sonic The Hedgehog 3 - Dr.Robotnik's Mechanical Dreams - above average +0.23
#11 PokérusVGM - Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age - God Betrays! - above average +0.22
#12 M-H - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 - I'll Face My Something - above average +0.21
#13 KBT - Sub-Terrania - Underground Trip - above average +0.02
#14 DEMON ShineGami - Kyatto Ninden Teyandee - Ninja Goes to China - above average -0.12
#15 Katamari, Trohnics - Risk of Rain - Overloading Magma Worm - above average -0.19
#16 Harjawaldar - WCW/NWO Revenge - Where The Big Boys Play - above average -0.28
#17 Battlerager - Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow - Subterranean Jam - above average -0.29
#18 JarIsALoli - Guilty Gear Judgement - Those Birdcage Elevators Are Pretty Fucking Metal - above average -0.32
#19 Ethan Cruse - Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon - Gorgeous Musical Ninja - above average -0.49
#20 valence - The 7th Saga - Demon in the Fortress - average +0.23
#21 Vegeroth - Final Fantasy 6 - I Cannot Be A Hero - average -0.02
#22 Buzz Starship - Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Observatory - average -0.09
#23 Czyszy - Bonk's Adventure [GB] - No Time to Relax, Mr. Kidd! - average -0.19
#24 coobie, 15 Fingers - Touhou 8: Imperishable Night - Dreaming of You - average -0.2
#25 Ghettoflower - Seiken Densetsu 3 - Frenzy Road Carnival - below average -0.17
Voters: 28

Congrats to Ivan Hakštok, Sixto Sounds, Affection State and Claude D.! Thanks to everyone who entered, voted and reviewed!

The songs are updated: 
Page 
Zip download
YouTube Playlist

Next Month is...
Jazz Month!
15-06-Jazz.jpg
The banner is by fedde of Game-Art HQ

Any game can be covered but the arrangement must be jazzy. Some defining elements of Jazz are improvisation (you don't need to actually improvise, make it sound that way), syncopation, swing, use of modes. List of jazz styles.

Songs are due: June 26th, 2PM EST
Send your entries to dodsongs@gmail.com

marshallart.bandcamp.com
chiptune/post-rock, orange guitar, Russian-Canadian

soundcloud.com/lovebotsmsk
indie pop, orange guitar, Russian

#2 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:27 PM

1st place? I feel it's a bit undeserved, but of course I'm FREAKIN' HAPPY ABOUT IT! :D

Half of the credit goes to Sixto though, he recorded that amazing guitar solo in like 15 minutes. My mind was blown. I definitely didn't expect we'd beat the two amazing vocal entries (Find Your Way and Indestructible), and there were a few more I really enjoyed, like Xenogears and Darkwing Duck. Seriously, this month was full of great stuff.

I hope Jazz Month gets a big turnout, we've had enough metal :)

#3 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,768 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:56 PM

Congrats to the winnars! Great month. I did intend for there to be an extended middle section of my entry, but went out of town for a friend's wedding, and ran out of time. 

BRAINMEAT (and POWER METAL CHIPS) - My original metal and chiptune albums on Bandcamp (all free/name your price)
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#4 Harjawaldar

Harjawaldar

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:49 AM

Congrats peeps! Nice to see dod going as strong as ever. The top three was definitely deserved!
My entry was a straight cover of the Monday nitro theme (which is also in the game - replay review music), and the monday nitro background music from the game. Had a good time looking through videoes for voice samples. Those were the days when wrestling was real exciting, but I have to say, NXT is bringing the stuff these days.

Here are some pics to go along with the music and samples:

#5 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:39 AM

Anyone else having trouble getting to the DoD site ? It's been down for me for two days  :(

#6 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:38 AM

Works fine for me, have you tried clearing the cache?

#7 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:40 AM

amazing banner

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

My Music Here.  My Drug Blog vagmusic  NES-VHS                GkgBElO.png

#8 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:24 PM

I was hoping to hear Wave after Wave after's song

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

sfWV4OE.png1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png
PC Game Metal

#9 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:18 PM

So, I was asked for stems of my song, and I figured since I'm already sending them to one person, why not share them with everyone:

https://dl.dropboxus...96675/stems.rar

My master chain looked like this:

https://dl.dropboxus...aster_chain.PNG

Parallel compression -> low end to mono -> clipping -> limiting.

#10 OverCoat

OverCoat

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:29 PM

I better hear some j-fusion this month!

#11 Vegeroth

Vegeroth

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:06 PM

I really tried something new that month. Accoustic parts, singing which I am not that good at. Wanted to make a Shadow's Theme + Working Class Hero from John Lennon "mashup" for a while. For the lyrics eh, well I read Shadow's story and built something quickly.

It might be repetitive and not really going through many emotions, but that was the point.

I didn't score as high as I'd expect, but I love my track so I am 100% satisfied :)

Congrats to everyone who entered !

Live as if you would die tomorrow, learn as if you would live forever.

#12 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:50 PM

So who wants to form a jazz quartet for this

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

sfWV4OE.png1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png
PC Game Metal

#13 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:54 PM

Ethan's song got robbed IMO, not saying it should have gotten first but I heard a lot more that I would have placed beneath him. I'm surprised at the placements of some of these because I wasn't particularly impressed by many entries. Still some really great ones, though!

Ethan's my buddy and a damn good drummer, so I was cool with him submitting his entry even though I'd like to help him finish the arrangement sometime soon. ETHAN TURN YO HAT DOWN :P

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#14 Battlerager

Battlerager

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:33 AM

Comeback of the decade - the rightful king of the bottom 1/3rd returns!

Congrats and thanks to all you great folks. It's really emotional for me to see DoD still going this strong.

I'll try to enter this month, I already have a song and a time sig in mind, haha.

XBox Live: ThaBattlerager
Heroes of Newerth: Battlerager
TEAM FIRE

#15 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:01 AM

I wanna hear some entries in the style of T-Square. Bonus points for using an actual EWI. And extra bonus points for covering something actually composed by Masahiro Andoh. :D

http://vgmdb.net/artist/1350

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users