Almost everyone is a slave to their environment, even "successful" people

#3602 Xplo

Xplo

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:34 AM

Not shocked by any of this.  I'm starting to feel that Trump was purposefully put in place as a candidate for one or more of the following:

- To force a Democrat win
- As a joke, to see how much he can get away with, knowing that he'd piss off a lot of people / purposefully lose
- To force more Americans to realize just how fucked up our political system has become

If you like foil, here's a rough timeline of the conspiracy version which may or may not be true (and largely comes from Wikileaks, which dasaten will probably remind you is part of a Russian plot to influence US elections, because he's bought into that third-rate warmed-over cold war bullshit lock, stock, and barrel, and basically sounds like a paid shill):

Back in 2014 or so, a strategy memo kicks around the DNC about how to get Hillary elected. Specifically, they discuss a "pied piper" strategy of promoting the most extreme Republican candidates, getting the party to rally around them and then get stuck with them in the general. They suggested Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, and Ben Carson - remember this is before Trump and Carson started running.

How is the DNC going to promote a Republican, you ask? Hillary's campaign has multiple ties to mainstream media, such as telling the head of MSNBC to control what is said on air and the NYT giving the campaign editorial control of what it publishes.

Bill Clinton, an old friend, supposedly convinces Donald Trump to run.

The media proceeds to obsess over Trump to a ridiculous degree during the primaries, giving him an estimated $2B in free publicity. (Meanwhile, over on the Democrat side, the media is either shitting on Bernie or, more often, pretending he doesn't exist at all. At one point the Washington Post publishes a dozen hit-pieces on Bernie within a matter of hours.)

Emails within the Clinton campaign refer to Hillary and Trump as the nominees in March 2016, long before the primary races are actually over. Smart guess? Pandering? Or inside info? Who knows.

The primaries end, and as soon as the parties shift to general election mode, the Trump love in the media turns to Trump hate. The pussy grab video is textbook "October surprise" material, likely saved to sabotage Trump at the end of the campaign (it's 10 years old, right? So you know someone was sitting on it, that's not even conspiracy, just common sense), long after a stronger Republican candidate could have been chosen instead.

- - -

If you buy any of this (and I do - Reynolds Wrap is a good brand by the way, you're welcome), then there are two things here which you may find disturbing.

One is that Hillary's team basically controls a chunk of the mainstream news media and uses it as their propaganda arm.

The other is that Hillary's team deliberately inflicted Donald Trump on the nation in order to force people to vote for her. Like, are you terrified that he might actually win? Are you angry that his rhetoric, amplified by the media, has stirred up racists and xenophobes? Well, you can thank Team Hillary for all of that, because they did it on purpose to make her into the lesser evil. Which makes them the greater evil by a pretty big margin, I think.

If you buy any of this, of course.

There's a good article with more information here, although some of it repeats what I've said, or rather, I've repeated some of the things it says.

#3603 Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:35 AM

Almost everyone is a slave to their environment, even "successful" people

Absolutely. 

#3604 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,254 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:46 AM

At this point I think almost anything could be true.  We are repeatedly manipulated with lies, half-truths and lopsided coverage from the media and humans are notoriously bad at making rational decisions outside of purely logical pursuits such as math.  Many conspiracy theories of the past have turned out to be conspiracy facts.  No doubt most conspiracies are untrue, but that may even be by design.  Flood the conspiracy market with false stories and finding the true ones is like searching for a needle in a haystack.  My take is that I know Clinton is an establishment politician, Trump at least might not be.

#3605 Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:53 AM

The American political stage is not the place for 4th grade science experiments. 

#3606 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:14 AM

At this point I think almost anything could be true.  We are repeatedly manipulated with lies, half-truths and lopsided coverage from the media and humans are notoriously bad at making rational decisions outside of purely logical pursuits such as math.  Many conspiracy theories of the past have turned out to be conspiracy facts.  No doubt most conspiracies are untrue, but that may even be by design.  Flood the conspiracy market with false stories and finding the true ones is like searching for a needle in a haystack.  My take is that I know Clinton is an establishment politician, Trump at least might not be.

would you want to apply this samlogic in any another situation? say you're unhappy with the cable providers in the area. for years it's just been two of them, price fixing, providing substandard service because they can get away with it. yet, they still reliably provide you with cable and high-speed internet. they are still both companies of people trained in their fields, who know how to do the work they are doing. because of you dissatisfaction with both established cable companies, would you then prefer to get your cable and internet from another company that doesn't employ a single qualified technician, who are literally 100% incapable of executing any of the fundemental requirements for cable service, from laying and maintaining wires and repair, home installation, customer service, technical support. would you prefer because of your dissatisfaction to get your service from this company that actually cannot in any way provide you with cable and internet? cause, that's pretty much what you're sayin here....

#3607 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,056 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:21 AM

I have not read all the posts in this chaotic thread, but from what I gathered from Rize's earlier comments (like, from 3 or 4 months ago), he is totally aware that Trump is not prepared to be a president, but that could be a good thing because it would shake the very foundations of the country, probably damage it deeply, but it would be CHANGE. I am probably wrong tho.

Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#3608 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,080 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:48 AM

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#3609 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:26 AM

I have not read all the posts in this chaotic thread, but from what I gathered from Rize's earlier comments (like, from 3 or 4 months ago), he is totally aware that Trump is not prepared to be a president, but that could be a good thing because it would shake the very foundations of the country, probably damage it deeply, but it would be CHANGE. I am probably wrong tho.

yeah, it's easy to be cool with shaking the foundations when you enjoy a relatively high degree of privilege. brexit voters said something similar, like, 'oh, our economy can take the hit."

not so much if you're a minority, working class immigrant, LGBT, relying on gov't support in a substantial way to support your family, or if you happen to reside in one of the places Trump wants to bomb the hell out of or nuke...

#3610 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,254 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:27 AM

would you want to apply this samlogic in any another situation? say you're unhappy with the cable providers in the area. for years it's just been two of them, price fixing, providing substandard service because they can get away with it. yet, they still reliably provide you with cable and high-speed internet. they are still both companies of people trained in their fields, who know how to do the work they are doing. because of you dissatisfaction with both established cable companies, would you then prefer to get your cable and internet from another company that doesn't employ a single qualified technician, who are literally 100% incapable of executing any of the fundemental requirements for cable service, from laying and maintaining wires and repair, home installation, customer service, technical support. would you prefer because of your dissatisfaction to get your service from this company that actually cannot in any way provide you with cable and internet? cause, that's pretty much what you're sayin here....

You act as if electing Trump makes him a dictator.  Trump is a big F-you to the establishment, but he can only steer the ship so far from the course it's currently on.  We still have 3 branches of government.  If Trump turns out to be actually and especially horrible or if the establishment doesn't mind showing it's true uni-party nature, there's nothing stopping R's and D's in congress from teaming up to make President Trump mostly irrelevant.  They can block judicial appointments, overcome vetoes with a 2/3 majority, refuse to declare war (congress still needs to do that right?) and so on.

I think any reasonably intelligent person can function as president, provided they use and listen to advisors.  The idea that Trump is a complete ignoramus is part liberal media myth and part a consequence of campaign rhetoric used by Trump to appeal to lowest common denominator voters.  And I don't think Trump is going to destroy the economy.  I think the economy is destined to self-destruct eventually regardless of what anyone does.  Trump might act as a catalyst for that process, but I wouldn't think of him as the cause.

#3611 Sagnewshreds

Sagnewshreds

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:16 AM

DBJMike brings up a very real scenario which sucks ass. But that's also been true of just about every big technological advancement in history. Old industries die and new ones rise from the ashes. Same goes for things like self driving cars and fast food ordering robots.

The transition is always pretty awkward though. I think something like what GIRS' brought up is the only solution I can think of to mitigate this. Investing in education is the only solution in the long run.

We're not transitioning to something better...
In the long run? Yes we totally are. Clean energy is a much better long term solution than continuing to use fossil fuels.

Either way the situation I was describing is still the same with respect to displaced workers.

#3612 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:24 AM

Trump is the establishment. He represents the very core of corruption that's the result of our campaign finance system. Instead of paying YUGE sums of money to influence politicians like the rest of his peers do, he decided to take it one step forward and run for office himself.

amTr0fm.png

#3613 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:34 AM

Trump is the establishment. He represents the very core of corruption that's the result of our campaign finance system. Instead of paying YUGE sums of money to influence politicians like the rest of his peers do, he decided to take it one step forward and run for office himself.

exactly, and not necessarily -instead-, as he's been a substantial campaign donor for many years, but rather, -in addition to- personifying so aptly the scumbaggery of pay-to-play politics, he's also decided to run for office. he's arguably far more "establishment" than any candidate in recent history, as he's been one of the sleazy donors buying influenclike soros or addleson

#3614 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,056 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:43 AM

As many have said, I am not worried about Trump, but about all the people that truly support him and have helped him get to where he is now. That is the real issue.

Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#3615 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,974 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:25 AM

But you'll be on the other side of the wall, so you'll be protected from them.
DNa7A7D.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users