5037 replies to this topic

#3616 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:48 PM

And really I can't fault the young 19-24 year olds much, they're going to be stupid and passionate and dramatic and OMFG about everything, but if you're over 30, or even over 40 and behaving this way you've gotta take a step back and evaluate who you've become (or maybe who you should have become).

amTr0fm.png

#3617 EgoOrb

EgoOrb

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:02 PM

I think it would be cool if it was a rule in the third debate that the candidates are not allowed to talk about the other person at all when answering a question.

I theorize that Trump would fall apart answering questions if it was a rule that he couldn't attack Hillary with his bullshit.

And I kinda cringe every time Hillary goes after Trump in one of her answers, the way she laughs and tries to be witty is gross to me. She could just be herself (business minded) and it'd be fine...

For both of them I mainly just find myself thinking: Answer the goddamn question already!

#3618 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:08 PM

I don't know if the political atmosphere is ready for serious answers to questions. The questions themselves aren't even that serious or deep. A fucking high school student could answer that shit and still sound capable. CNN, FOX, NBC all spend so much time talking about scandals and "what TRUMP SAID OMFG TUNE IN TO FIND OUT!" that the people watching those debates would tune out should either candidate actually answer a politically diverse question that would seriously test their policies and decision making skills.

amTr0fm.png

#3619 EgoOrb

EgoOrb

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:13 PM

Yeah you're probs right. Except I think that a rule like that could change debates for the better, even if the climate isn't ready for it. It'd make the debates more functional I think!

#3620 Sagnewshreds

Sagnewshreds

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:39 PM

Not sure how much of that Snappleman comment was directed at me since I've done my share of arguing lately (almost exclusively with Rize). But for what it's worth, I understand exactly where Rize is coming from. That's the reason I'm even arguing with the guy. When he makes a point, I know the reasoning that goes behind making that point. I just disagree with it entirely. The whole thread is basically him defending Trump and everybody else freaking out though. I know he's playing devil's advocate and whatnot but if I see something that I entirely disagree with, ideologically speaking, I am going to point it out. At least that's my participation in this thread. I happen to think that Trump is pretty much not defendable at this point. 

I also know that a lot gets lost in text on the Internet, and things said online almost invariably read as more intense than they are meant to be (god damn I've learned that so much at work). That helps to escalate things (i.e. "Oh you must be OK with sexual assault" and the like a few pages back). The only real animosity that has come out on a personal level seems to be between Rize/Frink and maybe a few ShawnPhase situations here and there at some point. Oh wait also that comment Guy In Rubber Suit made. Shit I guess I just named at least 4 people so you're probably right.

But I think I have good reasons for having the opinions I have and can back them up with reasoning. I've seen that comment thread that you participated in on Facebook (I think it was Jer Roque's status or something). That girl you argued with re: third party voting was being pretty shitty and a lot of people were being assholes about hard line voting for Hillary. I wanted to join in and say something, but it was already basically over and it didn't seem worth it.

All of you vote for whoever the hell you want to vote for. Not going to disrespect anyone for voting third party because I was pretty on the fence about this until very recently. During the Democratic Primary I felt sick to my stomach whenever I thought about the fact that I'd have to vote for Hillary and at one point decided I'd definitely vote third party. I hate her neo-liberal policies. But after a lot of thinking recently, I'm going to do what most people do every presidential election and just deal with it. I'd rather have four years of the same bullshit than risk giving the country to someone with fascistic tendencies. But I totally understand if you can't bring yourself to do either one of the two. Go vote third party.

Then again I didn't really see that much third party bashing in this thread. Robby brought up some much needed Hillary criticism around here and my defense of the "lesser of two evils" was very much just me defending my reasons for voting for one of those evils, while entirely realizing that she does indeed have a non trivial amount of evil.

This election has basically convinced me to start voting more in local and mid term elections . That's where real differences will be made outside of this ridiculous horse race. That's my takeaway from all of this. (although I don't legally live in my current place of residence which deterred me last time :o)

#3621 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,563 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:15 AM

"A vote for Trump or a third party candidate is a vote for BIGOTRY, RACISM, SEXISM and HATRED

Well a vote for Trump is certainly not going to move the needle in the right direction on any of these issues.

Look, If I piss off some people during this election season so be it. Electing Trump as president will be a blight on this country. And I'm getting sick of people trying to defend this guy. It's becoming more than Simple political disagreements now. Don't you think that the fact Trump even got this far a little concerning?

I don't know if any of that was directed at me but I'm guessing a little bit. Frink and the rest can fight their own battles

I don't know if the political atmosphere is ready for serious answers to questions

This. With all of this mud slinging going on there certainly has been a lack of discussion on real issues No Doubt. I don't even know where Hillary stands on the drug war for instance. Is her Administration going to clamp down on legal marijuana?

If the Republican Party did a 180 on social issues and started rallying against this farce called The War on Drugs, it would be a game changer. That, and dump out the deplorables basket

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#3622 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:14 AM

seems a bit likwe've all been slimed by the pink ectoplasm from Ghostbusters 2. only, this time it's orange and even less realistic. oh wait, my bad wasn't the pink ectoplasm the feel good antidotstuff? can't remember. point is, shit trump says makes far less sense than most supernatural/paranomal theories. 

“It’s not even that the man lies. It’s more like he rejects the very idea that the point of language is to describe reality"

#3623 TV's Frink

TV's Frink

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:28 AM

This thread should be in its own subforum or something. It's such an ugly display that makes this place seem pretty crappy. I've made about 4 serious replies in this thing, and I would love to be able to discuss politics seriously here but a few of you people (TV'sFrink in particular) are so inept at the concept of a discussion that it makes any attempt at a respectable debate completely meaningless.

Fuck you too.

You've always been an asshole as far as I can see. You've said shitty things about me from the day I showed up here. You talk as much shit as anyone, and you're an idiot if you think you know a single goddamn thing about me. And I really enjoy reading all your posts about bodily functions and personal shit like the ways you and your wife like to fuck. Such wonderful serious discussion that definitely belongs at the top of any forum discussion list.

I don't care how great of a person you are in real life and how many people here love you. You've been a dick as long as I've "known" you and I have no doubt you'll always be that same dick you were from the very beginning.

You guys hold the Shizz up as a shining beacon in the dark because you guys know each other so you're all excellent to each other, but I've seen worse things here than any other forum by far, and I think it's precisely because you know each other and don't know other people. The worst threads I've ever seen are all here, and I'm not talking about a fucking politics thread at all. Some of the threads here are an absolute joke, and as far as I can tell they aren't created and enjoyed by teenagers that don't know any better, so get off your fucking high horse about the maturity level in this thread.

And fuck Rize along with anyone else defending the Republican nominee piece of human garbage who is revealed to be more shitty by the hour. Anyone defending Trump from his comments and actions with women deserves nothing but ridicule and scorn.

#3624 TV's Frink

TV's Frink

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:34 AM

I'm gonna do my best to go away for a while again, and God (who probably doesn't exist anyway) grant me the strength to stay away from this shithole for good. My life would be infinitely better for not reading a single word here ever again.

#3625 TV's Frink

TV's Frink

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:38 AM

Raub why the fuck do I sign out, close my browser, and when I open it up im signed in again.

#3626 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:46 AM

frink, calm down maybe. everything is okay. snappleman may be wrong about some things, but it doesn't mean you have to spit venom back at him. everybody is different and likes and likes to talk about different things. i do think you are right that it is a bit hypocritical of snaps to judge you for your behavior here, but that doesn't mean that you have to be a huge dick back to him. none of us are trump, so i know that we've all grown over the years. 

maturity when it comes to treating other's with respect is cool. "maturity" when it comes to which kind of subject matter you think deserves respect is not cool at all. that's what leads to censorship, what has led to the kind of censorship of sex and curse words in the US which is just beyond puritanically ridiculous, and doesn't reflect the reality of how people speak. there's nothing wrong with talking about sex with your buds, some people like to share their personal experiences and hear others' to maybe learn or reflect. you may see it as bragging, but i think you're just being a bit myopic. 

#3627 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:53 AM

Doesn't anyone think it's odd that the rape claims roll in a month before election day?  I have little choice but to be skeptical at this point unless someone brings forth evidence that would hold up in a court of law.

These sudden allegations, rather than convincing me that Trump is a rapist, make me wonder if I have the wrong idea about Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby.  Clinton obviously had enemies as all politicians do, maybe Cosby pissed off the wrong people.

EDIT: yeah... having just actually read a bit about it, Cosby looks pretty fucking guilty...

#3628 theDude.

theDude.

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:33 AM

:huh:

#3629 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:42 AM

Doesn't anyone think it's odd that the rape claims roll in a month before election day?  I have little choice but to be skeptical at this point unless someone brings forth evidence that would hold up in a court of law.

These sudden allegations, rather than convincing me that Trump is a rapist, make me wonder if I have the wrong idea about Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby.  Clinton obviously had enemies as all politicians do, maybe Cosby pissed off the wrong people.

dude, even if Trump has never actually committed sexual assault, it's completely undeniable that he has joked about it, and that he has little to no respect for women. the things he's said are just not defensible by anyone who isn't themselves a misogynist as he is. the guy he said those things on the tape to, billy bush, is also a fucking scumbag. 

lock
er room/crude sex talk goes like this: "yo, i wanna stick me dick in this bitches pussy." "damn, that's one fine piece of ass, i hope she lets me tap that." - this kind of talk is also unacceptable in most all situations, however it's nowhere near as awful as the things Trump said.

that he and his supporters, including yourself, try and make this falsequivalency between general sexist talk about women, and joking about sexual assualt, is really just kind of sickening.

#3630 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:13 AM

It's not that so called locker room talk is acceptable (which is why Trump had to issue and apology), but Trump wasn't taking about assault. Using bold font doesn't make it true.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users