245 replies to this topic

#16 VikingGuitar

VikingGuitar

Ka and Ka-Tet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:04 PM

FWIW, I could not get the voice chat on the site to work.  It was working fine during the whole plugin setup, but as soon as I clicked "okay", it died.  If we DO want to make voice chat happen, I think Robby's suggestion of Google Hangouts is the way to go (assuming it doesn't somehow fuck up the stream).

Good lord, the fucking

ags39kE.jpg

Professional Audio Services - http://vikingguitar.com

#17 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:34 PM

I don't see why Hangouts would fuck up the stream when it's a separate application, unless people have slow-as-fuck internet. I can see if I have any better luck with the in-room chat function that VG did during our test run.

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#18 EgoOrb

EgoOrb

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:47 PM

YO! This is an awesome idea! Account made.  :)

#19 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,386 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:05 PM

This is a really cool idea! I'll try best to make it.

giphy.gif

#20 Vegeroth

Vegeroth

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:01 PM

sounds like an easier way to skypewatch. Interesting though I prolly can't be there

Live as if you would die tomorrow, learn as if you would live forever.

#21 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,840 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:03 AM

Mortal_Kombat_poster.jpg

tumblr_mpyjlpq9Lr1rawb5do1_1280.jpg

IT HAAAAS BEGUUNNN.

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#22 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:29 AM

I kind of like the idea of doing 80s and early-mid 90s films for nostalgia and riffing-potential. :)

Also, popcorn is a Shizz Movie Night requirement. Get your Redenbacher on.

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#23 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • 34,386 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:45 AM

How are you playing the movie?  Are you just streaming it from a random place or do you have it downloaded?

I'm curious how this will all work, it would be good to know for future events with different hosts.

giphy.gif

#24 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:13 AM

You have the option to stream the MP4/.MOV file from somewhere like your Dropbox, or upload it to their cloud (which, for a free account, is probably only good for one movie at a time). Google Drive is supposed to work too, but VG was having difficulty getting it to work, so he just uploaded it to their cloud instead and it worked. (I'll try my Drive account too, just to see if I can maybe get it to work)

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

#25 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • 34,386 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:19 AM

Hm so as long as there's some maintenance we could technically watch whatever we wanted as long as we can obtain it. Good to know. might wanna test with larger groups to see what would look better but if it works on their cloud it'll be the best bet.

giphy.gif

#26 Sagnewshreds

Sagnewshreds

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,428 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:36 AM

Was talking to Jace and Brobrodan last night about how awesome this is going to be. I'll be late to the party on Saturday (I'll be at an all day event for work) but will hopefully make it.

We should do it at different times to make sure we don't exclude specific people by accident who have incompatible schedules, which is bound to happen.

#27 VikingGuitar

VikingGuitar

Ka and Ka-Tet

• Members
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:23 PM

Was talking to Jace and Brobrodan last night about how awesome this is going to be. I'll be late to the party on Saturday (I'll be at an all day event for work) but will hopefully make it.

We should do it at different times to make sure we don't exclude specific people by accident who have incompatible schedules, which is bound to happen.

Anyone/everyone is welcome to sign up on the site and host their own flicks at times that work for them.  Scheduling with this many people is a nightmare, so I'm more a fan of "each person sets it up for when they want and whoever can come will come."  Just my 2cents.

Good lord, the fucking

ags39kE.jpg

Professional Audio Services - http://vikingguitar.com

#28 MegaBeardo

MegaBeardo

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:12 AM

You know I'm down! Hopefully it aged just as stupidly as Double Dragon did.

#29 Disposable Hero

Disposable Hero

Dimensional Shambling Troll / True Dew Casual

• Members
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:34 AM

I may be able to make this. The significant other is out of town this weekend. I remember when this movie finally hit the TV circuit and I was able to see it. Fond memories. Hopefully I will be there. 

Put some South in yer mouth.

#30 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,932 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:14 AM

Won't be able to make this one, but I am excited by the prospects of future events.

FYI, weekdays are better for me than weekends, so look forward to maybe watching Death Wish 3 with me at some point during the week. :ph34r:

banner.png

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Movies, Anti-Depression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users