40 replies to this topic

#31 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,702 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:34 PM

I was trying to find an old post and remember this headline. Still sucks. How in the world did Prince and David Bowie died this year yet fucking Keith Richards is still on this mortal coil?

I still never cried about it I guess it's too late to. Just had too much going on I guess I don't know. I've had to sort of I don't know. Put myself in sort of emotionalless bubble to try to get through this. I felt a little broken inside since my ex dumped me back in the day and maybe in a weird way it's helped me get through all this shit life has been getting me

Man I can't believe he was taken out by opioids and high heels. We fight this ongoing and pointless drug war and then at the same time our country is a wash and prescription drugs. What a mess.

Anyways although I really dug the album 2010 I didn't really follow music after that very close. I think when he came to town last time it was charging $200 a ticket it sort of killed it for me for a while. But that was part of being a Prince fan. The dude had a huge ego and pulled some asshole moves butt when you have that kind of talent I guess you can get away with this. And I can't deny that she had a huge impact on my life and he died way too soon. It was very touching to see how much love people had for him when he passed. Also FYI people he did way more than Purple Rain I'm preaching to an empty crowd on that one.

I'm not sure if it's still up butt I should still have some cool stuff on my MediaFire account. I would still recommend listening to The Undertaker perhaps my favorite Prince bootlegs all time. I am kind of rambling sorry but trying to edit and my condition it's hard LOL.

I saw the guy several times live. I even went to the prince celebration back in 2000 when he used to invite fans to his recording studio around the week of his birthday. The weird part about that trip is meeting Prince is probably the worst part of the vacation. He had converted to a Jehovah's Witness around that time and was previewing is new album The Rainbow Children. After listening to the album Kama more on that later comma he talked for a couple hours with Larry Graham and his wife about "the truth". I am not a religious person and I found the whole thing very awkward.

In retrospect while the Rainbow Children is a complete mess lyrically and perhaps is Prince's most passionate and challenging output of his career. Definitely check out family name if you ever get a chance such a jam and one of his better black power songs.

Sorry this is kind of a stream of consciousness kind of thing so bear with me. I don't remember exactly when I started listening to Prince butt I know when I got hooked. When I was in my junior year of high school I spent half of my day at this Technical School call New Market vocational Skill Center. I became friends with this weirdo like myself. Hey Alex colon Sanchez if you are reading this I hope you are doing well you asshole :-) that's another story. Anyways he like Prince and was play in some of the stuff. And when electric chair off the Batman soundtrack Halo. Came up I was hooked 4life. Although I haven't found too many people since then that remotely shared my sentiments on the artist I didn't let that deter me.

Side note my friend in question I had a thing for his mom LOL. Very nice lady first time I got a little tipsy on something was When she served me too much wine. We even saw movie together when Alex couldn't make it Lisa spawn. We saw spawn of all things. She eventually got confrontational when her son and I had a falling-out which I did not appreciate it butt I understand where she was coming from. But it was not my fault your son was a lazy bastard at the time. Hope your corrupted. I hope that dude threw up. Threw up. Grew up Christ Google.

I don't remember exactly when let me think oh yeah it must have been in 97 when I first saw Prince it was at the Rose Garden in Portland which was kind of a drive at the time but... Yeah I don't remember her why we did Portland instead of Seattle but anyways it was the jam of the Year tour. Such a great show and when I think Prince was at his peak in my opinion. He had just broken free of his Warner Brothers contract and was on top of his game. I also saw my other favorite artists at the time Aerosmith at the same venue first two shows I have been to In My Life. I don't get out much as a kid LOL

I used to be on use net back in the early days when they were popular and became part of alt.music.prince community community. There wasn't too many people in the area. In my area and when I found out this one member was fairly close to me considering we started to chat and decide to hang out in real life. We are still pretty good friends to this day he comes up with his girlfriend every other month to hang out. I am still part of a small community on Facebook old timey amp numbers. Members.

Anyways I've been kind of rambling on and I'm running out of things off top my head butt I didn't get a chance to post anything at the time so why not now? I hope you guys give a guy a chance sometime he is truly one of the most brilliant artists of all time. And no IMO shit you can put that down as the fact!

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#32 Drea Scarlett

Drea Scarlett

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:09 PM

I was trying to find an old post and remember this headline. Still sucks. How in the world did Prince and David Bowie died this year yet fucking Keith Richards is still on this mortal coil?

I still never cried about it I guess it's too late to. Just had too much going on I guess I don't know. I've had to sort of I don't know. Put myself in sort of emotionalless bubble to try to get through this. I felt a little broken inside since my ex dumped me back in the day and maybe in a weird way it's helped me get through all this shit life has been getting me

Man I can't believe he was taken out by opioids and high heels. We fight this ongoing and pointless drug war and then at the same time our country is a wash and prescription drugs. What a mess.

Anyways although I really dug the album 2010 I didn't really follow music after that very close. I think when he came to town last time it was charging $200 a ticket it sort of killed it for me for a while. But that was part of being a Prince fan. The dude had a huge ego and pulled some asshole moves butt when you have that kind of talent I guess you can get away with this. And I can't deny that she had a huge impact on my life and he died way too soon. It was very touching to see how much love people had for him when he passed. Also FYI people he did way more than Purple Rain I'm preaching to an empty crowd on that one.

I'm not sure if it's still up butt I should still have some cool stuff on my MediaFire account. I would still recommend listening to The Undertaker perhaps my favorite Prince bootlegs all time. I am kind of rambling sorry but trying to edit and my condition it's hard LOL.

I saw the guy several times live. I even went to the prince celebration back in 2000 when he used to invite fans to his recording studio around the week of his birthday. The weird part about that trip is meeting Prince is probably the worst part of the vacation. He had converted to a Jehovah's Witness around that time and was previewing is new album The Rainbow Children. After listening to the album Kama more on that later comma he talked for a couple hours with Larry Graham and his wife about "the truth". I am not a religious person and I found the whole thing very awkward.

In retrospect while the Rainbow Children is a complete mess lyrically and perhaps is Prince's most passionate and challenging output of his career. Definitely check out family name if you ever get a chance such a jam and one of his better black power songs.

Sorry this is kind of a stream of consciousness kind of thing so bear with me. I don't remember exactly when I started listening to Prince butt I know when I got hooked. When I was in my junior year of high school I spent half of my day at this Technical School call New Market vocational Skill Center. I became friends with this weirdo like myself. Hey Alex colon Sanchez if you are reading this I hope you are doing well you asshole :-) that's another story. Anyways he like Prince and was play in some of the stuff. And when electric chair off the Batman soundtrack Halo. Came up I was hooked 4life. Although I haven't found too many people since then that remotely shared my sentiments on the artist I didn't let that deter me.

Side note my friend in question I had a thing for his mom LOL. Very nice lady first time I got a little tipsy on something was When she served me too much wine. We even saw movie together when Alex couldn't make it Lisa spawn. We saw spawn of all things. She eventually got confrontational when her son and I had a falling-out which I did not appreciate it butt I understand where she was coming from. But it was not my fault your son was a lazy bastard at the time. Hope your corrupted. I hope that dude threw up. Threw up. Grew up Christ Google.

I don't remember exactly when let me think oh yeah it must have been in 97 when I first saw Prince it was at the Rose Garden in Portland which was kind of a drive at the time but... Yeah I don't remember her why we did Portland instead of Seattle but anyways it was the jam of the Year tour. Such a great show and when I think Prince was at his peak in my opinion. He had just broken free of his Warner Brothers contract and was on top of his game. I also saw my other favorite artists at the time Aerosmith at the same venue first two shows I have been to In My Life. I don't get out much as a kid LOL

I used to be on use net back in the early days when they were popular and became part of alt.music.prince community community. There wasn't too many people in the area. In my area and when I found out this one member was fairly close to me considering we started to chat and decide to hang out in real life. We are still pretty good friends to this day he comes up with his girlfriend every other month to hang out. I am still part of a small community on Facebook old timey amp numbers. Members.

Anyways I've been kind of rambling on and I'm running out of things off top my head butt I didn't get a chance to post anything at the time so why not now? I hope you guys give a guy a chance sometime he is truly one of the most brilliant artists of all time. And no IMO shit you can put that down as the fact!

Great story. Prince was a big part of me (I'm an 80's head). At least you have seen him live, sadly I will never get that chance.

epic-hugs-gravity-falls.gif

13510828_1129919247031152_26318489092154
HAL Yes

#33 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,702 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:30 PM

So I am bumping because the official YouTube channel just released my two favorite Prince videos, Batdance and Partyman. For such an otherwise talented artist, I generally find his music videos to be pretty lackluster. But these two... holy bat Crap!

There is also Scandalous but the video is nothing special

Unfortunately they only release the edited version of partyman, but you can find the 7 minute version in the link below

* http://www.mojvideo....3f17cf484df7869

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#34 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,702 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

And since I'm here talking about the Batman album I must also post this one. The song that made me a prince fan for life, Electric Chair from SNL's 15th Anniversary

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#35 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:50 PM

So I am bumping because the official YouTube channel just released my two favorite Prince videos, Batdance and Partyman. For such an otherwise talented artist, I generally find his music videos to be pretty lackluster. But these two... holy bat Crap!

There is also Scandalous but the video is nothing special

Unfortunately they only release the edited version of partyman, but you can find the 7 minute version in the link below

* http://www.mojvideo....3f17cf484df7869

I was obsessed with all things Batman when this movie dropped and this soundtrack was no exception. I'm not the world's biggest Prince fan, but he's got some jams for damn sure, and those Batman tracks are up there for me.

#36 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,702 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

You know people like to nickname that album The Batcrap Album, but outside of Lemon Crush I f****** love it. And Batdance took cues from industrial artists and turned the knob to 11

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#37 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

I can't help but hold my breath everytime I see a (unread) thread title that ends in "has died." :(
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#38 TV's Frink

TV's Frink

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,177 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

The Batman Soundtrack has long been one of my favorite albums. Fantastic start to finish.

#39 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,702 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:41 PM

Prince_N_Nodland%25202cr.jpg

via my Twitter @LowPursuit:

Listening to the #Prince 2000 Celebration boot. Just got to the part where he tells Kirk Johnson to swap with Bobby Z. "(Bobby Z) forgot his hearing aid!" Ouch.

EDIT: The Official Prince YouTube channel threw up a bunch of albums, check it out!

https://www.youtube....uWldihk1DUdnGtw

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users